Homebrew [Release] Quake III (ioQuake3DS)

CrashMidnick

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi MasterFeizz, will you work again on this wonderful port ? For me it freezes when you accept on the "enter key" screen. Thanks. Latest Luma and FW 11.13.0.

King_Grundle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
View attachment 158910 Firstly, this is brilliant. Outstanding work to get it running so well! Was genuinely surprised to see it
Thanks for reporting that. I'll fix it for the next update.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I see what I did, I forgot to merge the 3ds network modifications when rebasing on the latest version of ioQuake3. Thats why multiplayer isn't working.

running so fluidly. Controls just as well as your other ports as well

Only problem so far is this message which won’t go away!

Has the issue with the in game text error been solved yet?

Stefano_Lassandro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I get this error (see BMP image) when loading the 4th level, so the other levels after it result inaccessible. The png image shows what I've put inside the openarena folder of my N3DS. The content was downloaded from the following website: https://open-arena.it.uptodown.com/windows/download . I've also downloaded the files from another website: https://www.moddb.com/games/openarena/downloads/openarena-088-full-version and multiple other ones.
If someone knows if there's something wrong with my setup, or generally a way to solve this issue, it'll sure help. Any kind of help is widely appreciated, thanks in advance!

Attachments

• 2021-09-08_11-49-56.035_top.bmp
    281.3 KB · Views: 41
  • Screenshot (52).png
    Screenshot (52).png
    30.4 KB · Views: 58

uhhh_adam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is my second time trying this out and even this time following the instructions exactly on my charizard nd3s I'm still getting a black screen and nothing its frozen. I'm not sure I want to wait an hour like the others up here. What am I doing wrong?? Been wanting to try this game out thanks.

CrashMidnick

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Is there a way to contact MasterFeizz or is there any dev around there who would like to fix the on screen text problem on N3DS and the long delay after the "enter your key" screen ?

cubaliu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
New update just released:

This update brings threaded rendering and 800px wide mode support (both N3DS only).
Basically runs and looks better now.
It’s really excited to see this 3ds port becoming perfectly. Nice job MasterFeizz. Just wondering is it possible to update another of your project xash3ds to support any counter-strike mod? Appreciate.

CrashMidnick

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thank you. Tested 2 maps and it works great :) You removed those lines when Wifi was disabled, awesome !
By any chance, do you know why it takes so much time to load after the "enter your key" screen ? (I know it has been discussed before).

macanah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
What is the correct folder structure ? where do i put the Quake3ds.3dsx file
I tried running it and it just came up with black screen , please help

i also tried this folder structure sdcard/3ds/Quake3ds/Quake3ds.3dsx and the baseq3 folder sdcard/3ds/quake3ds/baseq3 and it came up with missing pak file error and i have all the pak files in the baseq3 folder

Last edited by macanah,

MasterFeizz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is the correct folder structure ? where do i put the Quake3ds.3dsx file
I tried running it and it just came up with black screen , please help

i also tried this folder structure sdcard/3ds/Quake3ds/Quake3ds.3dsx and the baseq3 folder sdcard/3ds/quake3ds/baseq3 and it came up with missing pak file error and i have all the pak files in the baseq3 folder
Just extract the quake3_data.zip to the root of your sd card. So the folder structure will end up like "sdmc:/ioq3/baseq3"

The 3dsx only works on the N3DS, and is not needed if you use the cia.

macanah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a n3ds -- where do i put the Quake3ds.3dsx file -- i have it in the ioq3 folder -- when i run it it just goes to a blank screen

my 3ds firmware is 11.15.0-47E if that helps and im not running custom firmware

MasterFeizz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a n3ds -- where do i put the Quake3ds.3dsx file -- i have it in the ioq3 folder -- when i run it it just goes to a blank screen

my 3ds firmware is 11.15.0-47E if that helps and im not running custom firmware
You don't need the .3dsx; Just wait

Stefano_Lassandro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

Half_Loaf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm playing this on my n3ds and it seems to work well enough, the only problems are that when loading into a match (whether it be single or multiplayer) it has this weird glitch effect wipe across the top screen and then the bottom screen. The top screen clears up but the bottom screen still has noise all over it, and a lot of the textures are just... broken? they aren't missing, they're just full of the same noise as the bottom screen. It also occasionally crashes for seemingly no reason but that isn't my main concern atm. (I'm using the .3dsx version btw because the cia just wasn't booting up.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.