1. MasterFeizz

OP MasterFeizz GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I hadn't neither, but I guess thats the problem.

2. fusermarucs

fusermarucs Member
    Newcomer

Yep that was it thank you!!

Now the larger levels load up fine as well in this update.

How can I set the analogue stick for movement though? The d-pad is now default and it wouldn’t recognise the thumbstick when I tried to alter controls in game...

In fact checking back to the initial release, the thumb stick was used for movement in that version..

Cheers :)

Last edited by fusermarucs, Aug 29, 2019
  3. MasterFeizz

United States
    Last edited by MasterFeizz, Sep 3, 2019
    Zense, Tarmfot, Joel16 and 4 others like this.
  4. Searinox

Searinox Dances with Dragons

Romania
    Can you add the 3dsx version too? That's what I'm using.

5. MasterFeizz

United States
    My bad. I have uploaded them to the release page.

Searinox likes this.
  6. MrHuu

MrHuu GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    but.. but.. it's my task to look for mod support..
    .. mwa just kidding!

Thanks @MasterFeizz

Wasn't familiar with OpenArena, but it indeed looks like a wonderful addition (clone) with loads of extra content to play around with. Awesome update!

MasterFeizz likes this.
  7. puerkobi

puerkobi Member
    Newcomer

Austria
    Thanks for the amazing work Masterfeizz! I was trying to load Team Arena in ioquake3 but I was unable to write "\game_restart missionpack" in the console because it's not possible to write the underscore with the current keyboard, the shift button doesn't work.

8. jamespoo
    This message by jamespoo has been removed from public view by Quantumcat, Sep 17, 2019, Reason: One-word post.
    Sep 17, 2019 Show
  9. shadeshadow

shadeshadow Newbie
    Newcomer

Russia
    New3dsXL luma 10.0.1 black screen after id logo, deleting cfg file doesn't help either

10. t1op

t1op GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I have this problem as well with the latest version. If I use the provided Data I just get a black screen. [I can toggle the keyboard on during the ID logo splash.]
    If I use the pak file from the CD I get a request for the CD key. However, I cannot input the key with the keyboard. All I can do is select Start, which freezes the game.
    I also get frozen on a black screen when I try to start OpenArena.
    Using a N3DS, 11.12.-44U CFW: B9S/LUMA.

UPDATE: I was successfully able to install on a couple O3DS and a second N3DS. So it is only the one N3DS that won't work. I deleted the directory and uninstalled the cia then copied everything back over and reinstalled. It still freezes after the ID logo...
    Quake2CTR works fine on this 3DS. So I'm guessing there is something else running that is interfering, but I have no clue what it could be.

Controls: On O3DS, my CirclePadPro does not work, though the nub works on the N3DS. Is there a way to add that?
    As mentioned earlier, reducing the vertical look speed would help a lot. Is there a way to do that on the user end, or on the developer end?

Last edited by t1op, Dec 6, 2019
  11. Azheliabn

Azheliabn Newbie
    Newcomer

Venezuela
    Is it possible to bring team arena to this? So far is pretty amazing and smooth

12. Hambrew

Hambrew GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Can we have mod support? I REALLY want to play Quake 3 Rally!!! :(

13. TheUltimaXtreme

Newcomer

United States
    This is a fantastic port to the system, copying some FPS guides from the good old days I was able to get even better FPS for my system, thanks much, MasterFeizz.

I do have a problem though, the keyboard does not shift. I've noticed this before in ctrQuake as well, but trying to do an underscore to access basically all the commands is impossible. I wanted to tune m_yaw since the C-stick's vertical sens is way too wild, but doing it on the fly isn't gonna happen, and tweaking it in the config and rebooting is plain tedious. Has anyone else noticed this problem? Did it work in older builds? As far as I can tell, it isn't launcher-specific, it's a problem on both the 3DSX and CIA.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - (ioQuake3DS), [Release], Quake