Homebrew [release] QR Web Installer (cia installer)

dankzegriefer

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Neither of us wrote quirc, it's a third party QR lib. It's the utter lack of attribution on where the first implementation came from. I provided @Steveice10 multiple GitHub pulls about core concepts for doing this, and didn't get any credit for the work what so ever. Hence why I stated that I'd lost ambition on continuing work on the app.
Boo hoo, show me code under the US Copyright Law that is similar enough to FBI to make FBI a copy.

Last edited by dankzegriefer,

ksanislo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
has anybody successfully gotten this or fbi to work with google drive links?
Google drive does some fancy things with their URL redirection, while you can spend the effort to make a QR that will successfully link and install a file, it will only work for a brief time (~10 minutes or something) before the link expires and starts redirecting back to the HTML/JavaScript instead of the file itself.

Effectively this means that it's not worth the effort to try to link to google drive files, it's better to host things elsewhere that are more standards compliant.

Reactions: Giodude

ksanislo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

MrHaqs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

ksanislo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did that but the installation failed
If you can PM me the QR tag you're using, I'll tell you why it failed. Most likely it's either bad key data or it's not a direct link to a CIA.

QRWL doesn't try to do anything to understand folders or any sorts of compression on the file itself, as support for the more advanced things has gone unfinished due to my free time being better spent on the TitleDB rewrite instead.

MrHaqs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The qr code reader standalone app?
Nevermind it was working, it was the url that was incorrect so it crashed and now its working perfect. However I solved the problem with my computer that I didnt want to get out in the first place, I think now a days using a phone is much easier but thanks a lot anyways.

Last edited by MrHaqs,
Reactions: Giodude

Sizednochi

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I don't know why doesn't this get more support. It works wonders. Installed DQM3D and it went well.

I'm planning on using this for Pokemon Sun and Moon, as I won't have 6GBs for it free on my SD. Any chances the download's going to fail or is it stable as long as my connection's fine?

Last edited by Sizednochi,

ksanislo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know why doesn't this get more support. It works wonders. Installed DQM3D and it went well.

I'm planning on using this for Pokemon Sun and Moon, as I won't have 6GBs for it free on my SD. Any chances the download's going to fail or is it stable as long as my connection's fine?

As long as your internet is semi-stable it should work as expected. The only known bugs all involve http context setup; where too many connection failures can lock things up before they even start downloading. Once it's ticking along it shouldn't give you any trouble.

The big draw for this app over FBI with socketpunch (FBI didn't have http install until a few months after this was released) was that since it makes standard tcp based web requests using the system's internal http functions, it's far more tolerant of packet drops and retransmits. It's effectively as reliable as downloading with a browser on PC.

Last edited by ksanislo,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/PRMX5mX-hvs?si=JdjNrndYJ7PelC7q