Hacking [RELEASE] PS4 RetroArch Port (Unofficial)

S3phi40T

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
6.72 Retroarch installed. Core Installer and installed all cores.
I can go online and update assets etc. but after I restart Retroarch I get message that assets are missing.
I can't download any cores as Core Updater doesn't show anything except 2048 and even if I download it it doesn't show on Cores list.
When I go to /data/self/retroarch/cores in settings > directory > Cores it says it's empty.
When I run FTP, I don't even see those directories. :(
Any advice please?

D

Deleted User

there is some sort of issues with directories/permissions as I explained earlier. No clue how to fix it.

svrl

Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
6.72 Retroarch installed. Core Installer and installed all cores.
I can go online and update assets etc. but after I restart Retroarch I get message that assets are missing.
I can't download any cores as Core Updater doesn't show anything except 2048 and even if I download it it doesn't show on Cores list.
When I go to /data/self/retroarch/cores in settings > directory > Cores it says it's empty.
When I run FTP, I don't even see those directories. :(
Any advice please?

I installed retroarch and core installer pkgs on my 6.72. But I can’t see any cores installed.

My self/retroarch/cores directory is empty too.

Looking for updates

D

Deleted User

From your previous reply it sounded you worked it around. I guess we have to wait then. THX!

i wrote and i quote

"ok let me try again

works

spoke too soon some sort of weird directory permissions issues"

how you got that impression is beyond me.

very tricky issue as when i went phishing around directories were not correct no clue how to fix

OsirisX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed retroarch and core installer pkgs on my 6.72. But I can’t see any cores installed.
Try testing this one out. Cores will be bundled and you will need to set cores directory to /app0/cores
RetroArch_PS4_r4_Bundle.pkg: https://mega.nz/file/qU5xXQaB#tANoIQ_yi0Y47jwChhfyoZWviN6zntBRiPt0F7stpCM

@OsirisX thanks for the new rev 4. but it seems like custom themes are know broken in xmb. any idea what that could be?
Sorry I'm not familiar with custom themes in RetroArch. What's the issue? Are the custom assets files not loading?

Reactions: Deleted User

S3phi40T

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
Try testing this one out. Cores will be bundled and you will need to set cores directory to /app0/cores
RetroArch_PS4_r4_Bundle.pkg: https://mega.nz/file/qU5xXQaB#tANoIQ_yi0Y47jwChhfyoZWviN6zntBRiPt0F7stpCM

Sorry I'm not familiar with custom themes in RetroArch. What's the issue? Are the custom assets files not loading?
assets are working fine from what i can see. but ive been using my own custom themes (dynamic backgrounds) since rev2 and rev 3 but know for some reason the images dont wont display. ill have another look today just incase im being silly and done it wrong but im pretty sure im not.

S3phi40T

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
From what I can see, there is no access to /data folder in the console as /data seems to be Retroarch's own directory.
I will try with assets and rom directories changed to USB drive.

S3phi40T

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
OK, I know what issue might be (at least for me) on 6.72: There is some kind of access permissions issue. Retroarch is not able to save any changes.
Missing Assets? Let's update them. It downloads zip but doesn't extract (no blue "extraction" bar).
Put them to /data folder? Application has it's own data folder, not the one in /data
OK, so maybe let's change directory to usb0? Fine, doable, assets seem to be loaded when core is loaded but then they are missing again and Retroarch doesn't save the changes even if I force it to do so.

D

Deleted User

OK, I know what issue might be (at least for me) on 6.72: There is some kind of access permissions issue. Retroarch is not able to save any changes.
Missing Assets? Let's update them. It downloads zip but doesn't extract (no blue "extraction" bar).
Put them to /data folder? Application has it's own data folder, not the one in /data
OK, so maybe let's change directory to usb0? Fine, doable, assets seem to be loaded when core is loaded but then they are missing again and Retroarch doesn't save the changes even if I force it to do so.

haha i think my post makes more sense to you now. I really love emulation so i gave it my professional look see haha. I actually know alot more than you about said issue apparently. Thanks to sadly wasted time. But I think it might help me. This is what we needed install with cores bundled will be taking really close gander today.

S3phi40T

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
haha i think my post makes more sense to you now. I really love emulation so i gave it my professional look see haha. I actually know alot more than you about said issue apparently. Thanks to sadly wasted time. But I think it might help me. This is what we needed install with cores bundled will be taking really close gander today.
I never doubted it. I'm just starting with PS4. Never had 5.05 so can't discuss mounting points or read/write permissions. ... But it also might be some Mira issues? They updated it recently so more games are working fine. It'll definitely take some time to adapt.

S3phi40T

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
@seanp2500 I'm watching some old tutorials how to replace files in Retroarch ...and it seems @OsirisX or MIRA's devs are missing some symlink so app's internal /data is not linked with /data mounting point? It would most likely seem so.

traybourne

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I tested the latest "bundle" pkg and confirmed it is also working for me on my 6.72 ps4.

I also just wanted to say thanks for the work that is being put into this project! A jailbroken console isn't complete without emulator support!

S3phi40T

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I tested the latest "bundle" pkg and confirmed it is also working for me on my 6.72 ps4.

I also just wanted to say thanks for the work that is being put into this project! A jailbroken console isn't complete without emulator support!
Did you get the message about missing Assets?
Did changing directories or scanning files work for you at all?

traybourne

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Did you get the message about missing Assets?
Did changing directories or scanning files work for you at all?
Yes I get the missing assets error when I launch, but I'm able to load a core and launch games fine. I'm not too familiar with retroarch though so I'm not sure what impact the missing assets have.

I did not change directories in the settings or try any scanning. I left everything default with a fresh install of the latest pkg and was able to manually navigate to the directory I saved my games and launch them.

OsirisX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@seanp2500 I'm watching some old tutorials how to replace files in Retroarch ...and it seems @OsirisX or MIRA's devs are missing some symlink so app's internal /data is not linked with /data mounting point? It would most likely seem so.
Yeah it's a /data mount issue that isn't working in Mira. It's also the reason remote pkg installer isn't working since it also uses /data mount path to temporarily store the pkg file.

Looks like Al-Azif recently pushed some changes that should fix this issue though. Specifically this one should fix it on 6.72.
https://github.com/OpenOrbis/mira-project/pull/84/commits/368afb44d5ce78c668473af74d9b2792195d302a

Can you confirm that you are using Mira with the above fix?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-