ROM Hack [Release] PS1 Forwarder Creator

Akutagawa02

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi I tried to make a cia file of Resident Evil Director's cut (with both original eboot and a created ones by me), however it doesn't work. Can you help me or this game is not compatible? Thanks in advance.

Ps: Resident Evil Survivor original eboot works perfectly on my N2DS xl

GnarkillAU

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hey guys so I've been dedicated to getting FF8 running, been chipping away at FMV's (heresy, I know...) to get around the 2 GB limitation. Now the main issue I face is that encounters cause a crash. On looking into this further it appears this is an issue common to FF8 on all emulators irrespective of platform.

It's talking about placing the SPCH1001 BIOS into the retroarch 'system' folder... Do we have any way to do that with this forwarder?

Last edited by GnarkillAU,

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hey guys so I've been dedicated to getting FF8 running, been chipping away at FMV's (heresy, I know...) to get around the 2 GB limitation. Now the main issue I face is that encounters cause a crash. On looking into this further it appears this is an issue common to FF8 on all emulators irrespective of platform.

It's talking about placing the SPCH1001 BIOS into the retroarch 'system' folder... Do we have any way to do that with this forwarder?
With this forwarder creator you just have to use that bios when making the forwarder since that's the bios the game will use.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Thanks Sakotoshi for the awesome program.
Any chance we can get a create screenshot option in the menu, pretty please :ha:?
Isn't there already a screenshot function in Rosalina you can just use?

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Ah thanks.. didn't know there was one there.. it's pretty slow compared to the screenshot functions in NSUI though
Yeah that's for sure. Anyways I'm sure if you play around with the config file in the forwarder creator folders you'll find out how to add the screenshot function manually. You could maybe even map it to one of the shoulder buttons in case your game doesn't use them.

Last edited by Zense,

mashimus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah that's for sure. Anyways I'm sure if you play around with the config ifile n the forwarder creator folders you'll find out how to add the screenshot function manually. You could maybe even map it to one of the shoulder buttons in case your game doesn't use them.

Alright, I'll do some exploring then.. thanks for the tip

Reactions: Zense

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
are you using chd or pbp?
in my experience pbp is more stable than chd (on 3ds at least), that could be causing the crashes, I don't think the bios is at fault.
there is the error.
makerom (one of the tools used to create the cia) only has binaries for 64bit systems.

Hello.:)

Thank you,I am using Windows 10 x64 now and your great Tool works now for me.:)

mashimus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
On version 1.7.5, just wondering if anyone is experiencing the game being unable to launch (kicks you back to the home) when using CHD instead of PBP?

I created 2 cia's of the same game, one with PBP and one with CHD and the CHD version does not launch.

Last edited by mashimus,
Reactions: Alexander1970

RacsoSakuraba

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I use an O3DS: When trying to start either the individual application or it is in version 1.8.5 it closes and returns to the home menu.

Is there any kind of incompatibility with O3DS after some version of PCSX? I just want to play Digimon World 2003 (it is almost 80% in 2D) which already in its first versions (I am talking about one from 2015 that I have here) with frameskip is decent so I would like to try a recent one

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
OP
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
I use an O3DS: When trying to start either the individual application or it is in version 1.8.5 it closes and returns to the home menu.

Is there any kind of incompatibility with O3DS after some version of PCSX? I just want to play Digimon World 2003 (it is almost 80% in 2D) which already in its first versions (I am talking about one from 2015 that I have here) with frameskip is decent so I would like to try a recent one
O3DS have less RAM memory to begin with.
not gonna work no matter how hard you try.

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Created a forwarder from scratch, using a .bin then to .pbp then to .cia and it kicks me back to home screen.
Download a .pbp and converted it to .cia and still kick me to home screen.

tried the default settings and psxonpsp660.bin - scph101.bin.

Still no luck.

VMHoss

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Created a forwarder from scratch, using a .bin then to .pbp then to .cia and it kicks me back to home screen.
Download a .pbp and converted it to .cia and still kick me to home screen.

tried the default settings and psxonpsp660.bin - scph101.bin.

Still no luck.

Are you using Gran Turismo 2?

Agilulfo

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi everyone! I encountered some problems in starting the CIA for Final Fantasy VII, after opening it kicks me back into the home.
I've got a N3ds, used a multidisc bin (PAL) version of the game converted into PBP with psx2p and after that into a cia with the forwarder using the spch101 bin.
I have some questions:

1) do i need to have retroarch/any other file or folder loaded into the root of my SD? I ask this because in a similar forwarder for Nintendo DS games it was required a folder extracted from Twilight Menu ++;
2) do i need to load the PBP into the forwarder directly from the folder of my sd where i have the .PBP file? Also, do i need to leave the PBP after creating and installing the cia?
3) Also, i noticed in the last page of the thread that there's been some recent update in February to some "cores" that may help the running of the games, does using the last version of the forwarder make use of those or do i need to make something specific?

Thanks for your patience and excuse my for my poor english/ for the messy explanations and questions.

Last edited by Agilulfo,

JulioTamez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Someone has managed to make castlevania SOTN save games natively. I have tried different roms and even patches but still can't do it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol