1. Sakitoshi

OP Sakitoshi GBAtemp Official Lolimaster

Chile
    @Meru1337 less PSX CPU Clock = underclocking the ps1 hardware = less cpu intensive for the 3ds to emulate.
    but it can make the game run worse (lower internal framerate, hitting 60fps just means that the game is running full speed, not that is really running at 60fps, many ps1 games max out at 30 internal fps for example) and in some cases the controls simply stop responding.

Zense likes this.
  2. Meru1337

Meru1337 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Ahhh, that makes perfect sense. I was so confused to see my game drop framerate but gain stability LOL

Thank you so much for all of your hard work and quick responses. :) Cheers!

3. mal_

mal_ Member
    Newcomer

Austria
    Could you fix the PS1 Forwarder? Many games don't run on the Injector but on the Retroarch Menu, they do. It isn't supposed to be like that.

4. Ken1003

Ken1003 Newbie
    Newcomer

Hong Kong
    Speaking of Symphony of the Night, how is everyone best setting in Emulator Options by far?

Mine is "Fast" speed and the PSX CPU Clock is 55. I also disable VSync and Dithering.
    It turns out running decent (except big effects or too many objects, which causes slow down).

If there are rooms to improve, let me know :D

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 25, 2020
  5. VMHoss

VMHoss Member
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    Okay, I had a .bin file of Gran Turismo 2, converted it to a pbp using psx2pbp and built a cia out of it. It keeps kicking me back to the home menu.

6. Initiate

Initiate Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Resident Evil 1 (not director's cut) appears to run perfectly under this forwarder with 'Fast' setting applied and PSXONPSP bios. Definitely surprised me, since when I tried the same game on RetroArch I was having audio emulation issues, but under the forwarder it's flawless.

edit: Further reporting in. I haven't tested Resident Evil's saves, but Symphony of the Night has a strange bug that causes it to not recognize its own save data (the spots are marked as "used" instead of being selectable.) I'll be testing further later on.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2020
  7. VMHoss

VMHoss Member
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    Wait, is Gran Turismo 2 even compatible on the N3DS? I tried running it in PCSX-ReARMed (Retroarch CIA) and apparently the renderer seems to 'forget' certain polygons or paint the whole car in oil. After the vehicle select, I chose my track and the framerate was basically unplayable, and there were many missing polygons. BTW I'm using the latest CIA of Retroarch, so the renderer should be better. I'm also on default settings, but no changes when I desynced the audio and whatnot. As I said in an earlier post, I can't use the forwarder. Do you experience problems when running GT2 on N3DS? Is it even compatible with GT AND GT2? Any help will be very much appreciated.

8. EddyLance

EddyLance Newbie
    Newcomer

Brazil
    I injected Final Fantasy VII (PAL version, this is important) on Fast settings and it's running perfectly. I'm at the part where Cloud dresses as a girl and the game showed no problems so far at all. Thinking about the rest of the game, I think I can expect the performance to stay as good.

I also injected Final Fantasy Tactics, Fast settings, but lowered the CPU Clock to 30, and it's working great too. Totally playable.

Zense likes this.
  9. VMHoss

VMHoss Member
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    Welp.

Attached Files:

10. lone_wolf323

lone_wolf323 GBAtemp Addict

Canada
    Its a photo. whats that got to do with anything?

11. Sakitoshi

Chile
    new version boys:
    the pcsx-rearmed core received some performance updates and so I followed suit and updated the forwarder core.

I haven't had time to test it properly but it feels a little bit faster than before.

12. Lexar
    This message by Lexar has been removed from public view by Flame, Feb 27, 2020 at 3:07 PM, Reason: please dont ask for warez.
    Feb 27, 2020 at 12:59 PM Show
  13. Lexar

Lexar Member
    Newcomer

France
    We need to change option default ? and Thank you so much for your help. Cause i can play my Hercule Game :)

But i need to get Crash bandicoot n Crash Bash, Crash Team Racing and Ape Escape in stable version. Hope your newx version will fixe this :)

Last edited: Feb 27, 2020 at 9:44 PM
  14. Zense

Zense GBAtemp Maniac

Italy
    I don't think those games work still since there's gonna have to be a lot more performance improvements to allow that. Well, maybe Crash Bash works.

The main difference is the fix for the random crashes, which is a very big improvement in my opinion. Another tentative release was made by @justinweiss which addresses a lot of microstutters related to the slow reading speed of the 3ds's SD slot, from what I understand. It makes transitions and loading screens go smoother in my experience.

Lexar likes this.
  15. justinweiss

justinweiss Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2020 at 10:06 PM
    Lexar and Zense like this.
  16. Zense

Zense GBAtemp Maniac

Italy
    I don't know what else to say than amazing and great job! More than a 10% increase in performance for Crash Bandicoot is incredible at this point! Greatly appreciate your work and effort.

justinweiss likes this.
  17. Sakitoshi

Chile
  18. Lexar

Lexar Member
    Newcomer

France
    @Sakitoshi can you fix dual shock controller, cause it dosn work in Ape Escape :'(

19. Sakitoshi

Chile
    it works.
    it's the game I used to test dualshock.
    so are either selecting analog or setting psx cpu clock too low.

Zense and Lexar like this.
  20. Lexar

Lexar Member
    Newcomer

France
    @Sakitoshi Thank you for ur help.

I tried Dualshok + 50, 58,65 clock : dosnt works (all buttons + joystick )
    I tried Analog : +50 +55 + 70 clock ; dosnt works all buttons + joystick )
    I tried standard : +50 + 65 Clock : Only joystick dosnt work (but we need joystick in order to play)

21. Sakitoshi

Chile
    from your flag I assume you are using the eur version.
    you need to use a copy protection patched game or a sbi file.
    the european version of ape escape uses libcrypt.

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - [Release], Forwarder, Creator