GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
OP
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
@Meru1337 less PSX CPU Clock = underclocking the ps1 hardware = less cpu intensive for the 3ds to emulate.
but it can make the game run worse (lower internal framerate, hitting 60fps just means that the game is running full speed, not that is really running at 60fps, many ps1 games max out at 30 internal fps for example) and in some cases the controls simply stop responding.

Reactions: Zense

Meru1337

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Meru1337 less PSX CPU Clock = underclocking the ps1 hardware = less cpu intensive for the 3ds to emulate.
but it can make the game run worse (lower internal framerate, hitting 60fps just means that the game is running full speed, not that is really running at 60fps, many ps1 games max out at 30 internal fps for example) and in some cases the controls simply stop responding.
Ahhh, that makes perfect sense. I was so confused to see my game drop framerate but gain stability LOL

Thank you so much for all of your hard work and quick responses. :) Cheers!

mal_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Could you fix the PS1 Forwarder? Many games don't run on the Injector but on the Retroarch Menu, they do. It isn't supposed to be like that.

Ken1003

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Speaking of Symphony of the Night, how is everyone best setting in Emulator Options by far?

Mine is "Fast" speed and the PSX CPU Clock is 55. I also disable VSync and Dithering.
It turns out running decent (except big effects or too many objects, which causes slow down).

If there are rooms to improve, let me know :D

Attachments

• Emulator Options.jpg
    Emulator Options.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 540
Last edited by Ken1003,

VMHoss

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Okay, I had a .bin file of Gran Turismo 2, converted it to a pbp using psx2pbp and built a cia out of it. It keeps kicking me back to the home menu.

Initiate

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Resident Evil 1 (not director's cut) appears to run perfectly under this forwarder with 'Fast' setting applied and PSXONPSP bios. Definitely surprised me, since when I tried the same game on RetroArch I was having audio emulation issues, but under the forwarder it's flawless.

edit: Further reporting in. I haven't tested Resident Evil's saves, but Symphony of the Night has a strange bug that causes it to not recognize its own save data (the spots are marked as "used" instead of being selectable.) I'll be testing further later on.

Last edited by Initiate,

VMHoss

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Wait, is Gran Turismo 2 even compatible on the N3DS? I tried running it in PCSX-ReARMed (Retroarch CIA) and apparently the renderer seems to 'forget' certain polygons or paint the whole car in oil. After the vehicle select, I chose my track and the framerate was basically unplayable, and there were many missing polygons. BTW I'm using the latest CIA of Retroarch, so the renderer should be better. I'm also on default settings, but no changes when I desynced the audio and whatnot. As I said in an earlier post, I can't use the forwarder. Do you experience problems when running GT2 on N3DS? Is it even compatible with GT AND GT2? Any help will be very much appreciated.

EddyLance

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I injected Final Fantasy VII (PAL version, this is important) on Fast settings and it's running perfectly. I'm at the part where Cloud dresses as a girl and the game showed no problems so far at all. Thinking about the rest of the game, I think I can expect the performance to stay as good.

I also injected Final Fantasy Tactics, Fast settings, but lowered the CPU Clock to 30, and it's working great too. Totally playable.

Reactions: Zense

Lexar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
We need to change option default ? and Thank you so much for your help. Cause i can play my Hercule Game :)

But i need to get Crash bandicoot n Crash Bash, Crash Team Racing and Ape Escape in stable version. Hope your newx version will fixe this :)

Last edited by Lexar,

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I don't think those games work still since there's gonna have to be a lot more performance improvements to allow that. Well, maybe Crash Bash works.

The main difference is the fix for the random crashes, which is a very big improvement in my opinion. Another tentative release was made by @justinweiss which addresses a lot of microstutters related to the slow reading speed of the 3ds's SD slot, from what I understand. It makes transitions and loading screens go smoother in my experience.

Reactions: Lexar

Sakitoshi

OP
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile

Lexar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
@Sakitoshi Thank you for ur help.

I tried Dualshok + 50, 58,65 clock : dosnt works (all buttons + joystick )
I tried Analog : +50 +55 + 70 clock ; dosnt works all buttons + joystick )
I tried standard : +50 + 65 Clock : Only joystick dosnt work (but we need joystick in order to play)

Sakitoshi

OP
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
@Sakitoshi Thank you for ur help.

I tried Dualshok + 50, 58,65 clock : dosnt works (all buttons + joystick )
I tried Analog : +50 +55 + 70 clock ; dosnt works all buttons + joystick )
I tried standard : +50 + 65 Clock : Only joystick dosnt work (but we need joystick in order to play)
from your flag I assume you are using the eur version.
you need to use a copy protection patched game or a sbi file.
the european version of ape escape uses libcrypt.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.