[RELEASE] PS-Phwoar! Exploit Host Menu For PS4 Firmware 5.05

Discussion in 'PS4 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Leeful, Nov 30, 2019.

1. elm

elm GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 20, 2007
    United States
    Thanks Leeful for your hard work, great exploit work :) :bow:

I just pray that one day an exploit / hack can be found to play all the PS4 & VR games !!!

Leeful likes this.
  2. Leeful
    OP

Leeful GBAtemp Member

pip Developer
    Sep 4, 2015
    United Kingdom
    That would be a massive and difficult task for me to do. If you would like to do your own translation I could easily make up a version in that language. If you look in the index.html it is easily layed out for you to to see the description.
    HTML:
    <div  PL-Title="Old HenVR Versions"  PL-Bin="SUBMENU 1"   PL-Ver=""   PL-Desc="A collection of previously released versions of Hen with VR support." class="Box Icon2">&#xf468;</div
    As you can see the description is in the PL-Desc tag.
    If anyone wants to upload a translated version of the index.html I can make a custom release for them when I have time.

Attached Files:

azoreseuropa likes this.
  3. HHFlyinG

HHFlyinG Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 27, 2018
    Egypt
    Seriously this is magic. Knock on wood man since I started using it I open the ps and run hen and yet to encounter kernel panic. No waiting for even two seconds :)

Leeful and KiiWii like this.
  4. arfgh

arfgh Member

Newcomer
    Oct 3, 2019
    Armenia
    ^^ yes Leeful, i know. But i meant that allow us to create the language files.
    I prefer that you perform the drop dwon game dumps feature ;)

Leeful likes this.
  5. lazyguy

lazyguy GBAtemp Regular

Oct 17, 2006
    Canada
    i haven't touched my ps4 in over a year.
    I see this has usb support. I have an ESP device that i used.
    If I'm understanding this correctly: I use an exploit method to install the payload via usb?
    If i do this, will i need to use the ESP device ever again? Do i still need the usb plugged in, or are the user manuals and payload on the ps4 for good.

KiiWii likes this.
  6. KiiWii

KiiWii Contributor

pip Contributor
    Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom
    You have the internet at your fingertips, learn to code, learn to exploit, become the “eta wen” hero.
    No need for ESP ever again.

Cache and go.

Jiehfeng and Leeful like this.
  7. Darth Meteos

Darth Meteos Entertainer

GBAtemp Patron
    Darth Meteos is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 6, 2015
    Australia
    Down Under
    I keep getting excited when I see PS4 news and keep getting disappointed.

8. Joelb

Joelb Member

Newcomer
    May 10, 2019
    France
    Leeful you did a great job on your host menu, I'll test it. :wub:

Leeful likes this.
  9. azoreseuropa

azoreseuropa GBAtemp Guru

Nov 6, 2002
    United States
    Azores/Portugal
    What program can I do to translate it so I can send it to you ? I try note pad and it didn't do anything much.

Leeful likes this.
  10. Leeful
    OP

Leeful GBAtemp Member

pip Developer
    Sep 4, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Putting the entire index.html through a translation program would not work, It would change other things in the code causing it not to work anynore.
    What I ment was for someone to open the index.html in a text editor and manually translate each payload description.

eg. for a portuguese translation:
    would become:
    It is so important that the ONLY thing that is changed is the description text inbetween the spechmarks " " after the PL-DESC= part.
    This seems like an easy task but there are some lines that also have new line tags <br> in the middle of all the text and these also must be kept intact for it to look right. Also because the translated text might be shorter or longer than the english text, the <br> tags might not even be in the correct place anymore.

If anyone wants to try, I will be more than willing to make a release for them with the translated descriptions.:)

EDIT: It would be advisable to use notepad++ because it would be much easier to see what needs to be changed.
    Untitled-1.jpg

Last edited by Leeful, Dec 3, 2019
    KiiWii likes this.
  11. SAFN

SAFN Newbie

Newcomer
    May 15, 2018
    United States
    Hello, firstly thank you for this, but I am new to this and now have a 2nd ps4 that I dont mind hacking it.
    Will i still be able to play online safely? Should I make a 2nd account and not play on my main? Im guessing since there is GTA mods. That means I can play online with it on GTA (For money)?

Leeful likes this.
  12. KiiWii

KiiWii Contributor

pip Contributor
    Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom
    This host works on 5.05, and you cannot play online without 7.00 now. So you cannot have 5.05 and 7.00 simultaneously on one console (no spoof won’t work for PSN)

Leeful and SAFN like this.
  13. SAFN

SAFN Newbie

Newcomer
    May 15, 2018
    United States

Okay! Thank you so much for your reply. What would be the benefit of me doing this to my second console if I decide to do it? I play on my main one with my friends, so never had a use on my old one until I saw this post.

14. KiiWii

KiiWii Contributor

pip Contributor
    Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom
    If you have a 5.05 console then this is perfect for homebrew, free cheats, emulation etc.

SAFN likes this.
  15. SAFN

SAFN Newbie

Newcomer
    May 15, 2018
    United States

That is true! Especially the emulation. Not sure what version the PS4 is on. It has been since God of War. Lets hope it is 5.05! If not than I am screwed :(

KiiWii likes this.
  16. Morgan505

Morgan505 Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 2, 2019
    Turkey
    @Leeful

How can i add my own icon to icons.ttf file and edit it?

Last edited by Morgan505, Dec 4, 2019
    Leeful likes this.
  17. Leeful
    OP

Leeful GBAtemp Member

pip Developer
    Sep 4, 2015
    United Kingdom
    There's no simple way to do it. google ttf icons if you want to try.

KiiWii likes this.
  18. Morgan505

Morgan505 Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 2, 2019
    Turkey
    Ok. Thanks

Leeful likes this.
  19. jammybudga777

jammybudga777 GBAtemp Addict

Aug 23, 2013
    Why does it have optional files for app2usb?

Leeful likes this.
  20. Leeful
    OP

Leeful GBAtemp Member

pip Developer
    Sep 4, 2015
    United Kingdom
    This is the config file you put on your usb.
    In the config file you select all the CUSA's of the games you want to move. app2 usb has always worked like this. If you do dont use the config file it will just move every game you have on your PS4.

EDIT: If you get a memory error after app2usb has finished working do not press ok or it will reload the payload again, Press the PS button instead.
    This is an error with stooged's payloads and Hen 2.11. The payloads work fine and do what they are ment to to do but they throw a memory error when finished if they are run with Hen 2.11. I will make a fix for stooged's payloads in the next release.:)

Last edited by Leeful, Dec 4, 2019
    jammybudga777, KiiWii and Joelb like this.
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted