ROM Hack [Release] Pokemon Generation 6 and 7 No Music Patch (Just In Game Sound)

Am I a dope mofo?

• Yes

Votes: 10 26.3%
  • No

Votes: 8 21.1%
  • Idk maybe if I got to know you better, maybe Coffee this weekend?

Votes: 20 52.6%

• Total voters

Hunter15800

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so you may be asking
"wtf is this" and,
"why would I be interested in a game with no music when I can just turn down the volume slider"

Well, bright young one. This here patch that I have set-up just disables game music, it leaves in all noises that are in the game.
*i.e Pokemon Cries, selection noises, that annoying ass thud whenever you hit a god damn wall, and basically all other noises that aren't music are left in*

This patch is extremely useful for people that like to listen to their own music/watch a video while playing their game/shiny hunting!

This patch is also insanely useful for Streamers/YouTubers who enjoy having their in-game sound playing, but also enjoy playing their own music, so this allows you to have the best of both worlds.

Download: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B5FnzDysWeGjVE1jUm5UUEMtaGs

Note: The sound/data folder works between both versions of that specific game, while the LayeredFS folder does not!

Setup Instructions

Method 1: Luma LayeredFS (Recommended)

1. Hold select when turning on your 3ds to access Luma Config.
2. Enable the *Enable Game Patching* option, then press start to reboot.
3. Turn off your 3ds and insert your SD Card into your computer.
4. Copy the luma folder from the "*Game Name* LayeredFS" that I link above to the root of your SD Card.
5. ...
6. Profit?

*Make sure you use the luma folder I provide and not the sound/data folder*

Method 2: Creating CIA (Takes a lot longer)

1. Follow the steps that are in the guide below.
2. Once you have an extracted game folder copy the *sound* folder or the *data* folder that I provide in the download link.
3. Enter the ExtractedRomFS folder and copy the *sound* or the *data* folder into this folder
*Replace files when prompted*
4. Rebuild the Rom as prompted in the guide below

Guide: https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-how-to-decrypt-extract-rebuild-3ds-cia-cxi-files.383055/

Method 3: NTR CFW LayeredFS (Not Recommended)

I have never personally set-up LayeredFS with NTR, so here's another gbatemp guide, just make sure you use the sound folder I provide.

Actual NTR LayeredFS Guide: https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-create-use-ntr-layeredfs-plugins.434208/

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

More Info On All Of This: https://i.reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/65o4zn/layeredfs_and_you_why_luma_70s_new_feature_is_one/

Last edited by Hunter15800,

Hunter15800

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Remember who was the dope mofo that suggested the initial idea to you? :P
Ok ok, you are a dope mofo for suggesting the idea Kappa

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

https://gbatemp.net/threads/release...music-patch-just-in-game-sound.473309/#header

Need the same in the other way ♡
Can heard musics and bgm, but no cries, no sfx...
Thats actually a great idea holy shit, kind of want to start work on that now...

Reactions: Asia81
D

Deleted User

This is awesome! If a cut scenes are "cut" out with another patch, then it will be the best!

Dio Vento

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is awesome! If a cut scenes are "cut" out with another patch, then it will be the best!
Very few "cutscenes" in S/M are video files, the vast majority are scripted events with text and model "storyboards". There isn't a way to "remove" them without changing the game's event list/scripting engine. Much harder than what was done here: Replacing every music track with a blank file.

Hunter15800

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Very few "cutscenes" in S/M are video files, the vast majority are scripted events with text and model "storyboards". There isn't a way to "remove" them without changing the game's event list/scripting engine. Much harder than what was done here: Replacing every music track with a blank file.
Oh yeah, this is a very simple mod, I just replaced every music file with a blank 10 second sound file, it was less hard and more tedious since I had to replace every file by hand, but I do plan on doing more advanced edits in the future as I was able to crack the Bcsar file which holds all the Pokemon cries and just basically every sound effect in general

Reactions: Deleted User

Dio Vento

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh yeah, this is a very simple mod, I just replaced every music file with a blank 10 second sound file, it was less hard and more tedious since I had to replace every file by hand, but I do plan on doing more advanced edits in the future as I was able to crack the Bcsar file which holds all the Pokemon cries and just basically every sound effect in general
BCSAR files, that brings me back lmao
Good luck with your cry mod project! I've been meaning to make one that restores the Gen V cries to all species that got their cries completely ruined by Gen VI (see: Sigilyph) and imports some of the Stadium 1/2 cries onto those species (Mewtwo's Stadium cry, yes please).

Hunter15800

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BCSAR files, that brings me back lmao
Good luck with your cry mod project! I've been meaning to make one that restores the Gen V cries to all species that got their cries completely ruined by Gen VI (see: Sigilyph) and imports some of the Stadium 1/2 cries onto those species (Mewtwo's Stadium cry, yes please).
*flash backs to shit cries in the gen 6*
Dude actually cant wait!!
The on thing i want to start working on is an extremely ambitious hack idea that replaces all Pokemon cries with their anime ones, kind of like how Pikachu has his cry in game, but like x10 fucking more dope because its every Pokemon xD

Reactions: Deleted User

Dio Vento

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*flash backs to shit cries in the gen 6*
Dude actually cant wait!!
The on thing i want to start working on is an extremely ambitious hack idea that replaces all Pokemon cries with their anime ones, kind of like how Pikachu has his cry in game, but like x10 fucking more dope because its every Pokemon xD
Good luck with that, isolating audio from background noise 800 times is going to be hellish.

Reactions: OkazakiTheOtaku

dotarice

Trophies
XP
Country
Bahrain
"why would I be interested in a game with no music when I can just turn down the volume slider"

this is the only question that boggles my mind. i used to request things like this during the gen 5 era in the past. i loved the sound effects but hated the same music over and over again. but, no, here's pporg, the site with power hungry moderators. this would have been the same answer from them - causing me to get suspended (which was still proven falsified to this day).

so thank you so much for this. you are the best.

NotVATRegistered

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Sadly the Google Drive link seems to be down. I suppose there's only a slim chance you'll see this message but would it be posible to upload the patch again?
Many Thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/OUPRttnIyio?si=bm-9qNqiusvshBAz