Reactions: d0k3

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
whenever I try to validate SysNAND downgrade, I get a "FIRM0 hash mismatch" message, saying the downgrade failed. I verified SysNAND itself and it passes, but I'm still afraid to reboot. I can't restore sysnand from a backup (slot0x5 image, you can't inject this) so am I safe to reboot or what are my options?
A SysNAND firm hash fail normally means a ticket to brick city, 100%. Why didn't you verify it when it was still in EmuNAND?

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Alright, everyone, a new release, the v0.8 'real deal', based on user feedback from 0.79. This is new:
  • Vastly improved downgrade checker, now contains a new stage (0)
  • No more stage 0 / stage 1 false alerts, and stage 2 false alerts are easily fixed via CTRNAND defragmentation
  • Slot0x05 (N3DS type) NAND backup restore completely unblocked - be careful!
  • More thorough checking for SD card failures
  • Some minor fixes and improvements
Tl;dr: Don't restore your EmuNAND to SysNAND if the downgrade checker turns up a stage 0 / stage 1 failure. Fix stage 2 failures via CTRNAND defragmentation. Also, the 'One Click Setup' is the recommended way of doing things now, but wait until Plailect says it is okay to use.

Thanks go to @al3x_10m, @Supster131 and @Wolfvak for their extraordinary patience in testing this.

Last edited by d0k3,

EnslavedTuna

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The new build has fixed all of my false positives! I went from:
Code:
Validation Stage 1: FAILED
Validation Stage 2: FAILED
# TMD success       : 106
# TMD not found     :   0
# TMD hash mismatch :   7
# APP success       : 106
# APP fragmented    :   0
# APP hash mismatch :   0

WARNING: Validation Stage 1 failed!
!DO NOT RESTORE THIS TO SYSNAND!
Starting from scratch is recommended

Validate EmuNAND Downgrade: failed!

Press B to return, START to reboot.

to:
Code:
Validation Stage 0: SUCCESS
# TMD success       : 112
# TMD not found     :   1
# APP success       : 112
# APP not found     :   0

However there is always one actual mismatch. Even before the new build this has always been with title "0004001000025000" no matter how many times I retried.

After a little searching/asking around this seems to be for some sort of promotional video? People in the IRC suggested this would not really be impactful and that I could continue getting the OTP.

However the new OTP helper does an additional verify before proceeding with the one click setup which causes it to abort and that has me nervous to just get an older build of OTP and proceed.

Would it be alright for me to just get an older OTPhelper build and proceed? keeping in mind ofc that it can never be 100% safe.

Edit: Forgot to mention I'm using an EU o3ds. With RXtools as my CFW

Last edited by EnslavedTuna,

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
According to the 3Dbrew title list, 0004001000025000 is the promotional video that was included with really early (1.1.0) versions of the 3DS system software. That should be a stub TMD, in which case it's most likely safe to ignore.

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The new build has fixed all of my false positives! I went from:
Code:
# TMD success       : 106
# TMD not found     :   0
# TMD hash mismatch :   7
# APP success       : 106
# APP hash mismatch :   0

to:
Code:
Validation Stage 0: SUCCESS
# TMD success       : 112
# TMD not found     :   1
# APP success       : 112
# APP not found     :   0

However there is always one actual mismatch. Even before the new build this has always been with title "0004001000025000" no matter how many times I retried.

After a little searching/asking around this seems to be for some sort of promotional video? People in the IRC suggested this would not really be impactful and that I could continue getting the OTP.

However the new OTP helper does an additional verify before proceeding with the one click setup which causes it to abort and that has me nervous to just get an older build of OTP and proceed.

Would it be alright for me to just get an older OTPhelper build and proceed? keeping in mind ofc that it can never be 100% safe.
You want to get an older build (ie, one that just doesn't check) to make this safer? See the error? ;) Use this build, and if you're sure missing that title is okay, select Clone EmuNAND to SysNAND from the NAND Dump & Restore menu. After it finished, manually validate your SysNAND again -> done.

EnslavedTuna

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thanks for the replies!

@GerbilSoft
I've had this o3ds since release so that would make sense if it came with really early versions!

@d0k3
Yeah with the additional information Gerbil gave me I feel safe enough to give it a go. I'll use the method you described and will report back later :) If everything works out okay would having my 00025000 folder with it's contents be of any use to you? Maybe other old old3ds's will have a similair mismatch?

Last edited by EnslavedTuna,

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thanks for the replies!

@GerbilSoft
I've had this o3ds since release so that would make sense if it came with really early versions!

@d0k3
Yeah with the additional information Gerbil gave me I feel safe enough to give it a go. I'll use the method you described and will report back later :) If everything works out okay would having my 00025000 folder with it's contents be of any use to you? Maybe other old old3ds's will have a similair mismatch?
Yup, you can show me. I'm somewhat sure this is a partially unfinished downgrade, though (that file is part of the downgrade).

EnslavedTuna

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
@d0k3
Alright! After cloning emuNAND to sysNAND I was able to succesfully launch sysNAND 2.1(although i did have to remove sd and re-insert at home to avoid blackscreen) I was then able to get my otp files (with correct sizes) And restore sysNAND to 9.2 and emuNAND to 10.7 using my NAND backups. I hope this file is of any use to you, your tools have been an amazing help to me! If you need any other files or information I'd gladly give them to you!

Attachments

• 00025000.rar
    16.2 KB · Views: 94

Sukid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My downgrade to 2.1 is invalid according to otphelper and I've been checking for false positives.

For the most part I seem to have matching .tmds except for 0004013000002D02. I can't even find a folder in my godmode9 extract named 000020D2 to check in. If everything else checks out is this safe to flash to my sysnand...? What title even is this?

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My downgrade to 2.1 is invalid according to otphelper and I've been checking for false positives.

For the most part I seem to have matching .tmds except for 0004013000002D02. I can't even find a folder in my godmode9 extract named 000020D2 to check in. If everything else checks out is this safe to flash to my sysnand...? What title even is this?
https://3dbrew.org/wiki/NWM_Services - Nintendo Wi-Fi Manager

That's a rather important title to have, so something's wrong here.

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

False positives should not happen anymore (with v0.8). Post your logs and keep in mind that the .apps are the actually important thing.

Sukid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow I am ridiculous. I didn't update tot he latest version even though I could have sworn I remembered doing that. Either way, I updated and it validates just fine. I'm so sorry about that.

Last edited by Sukid,

Feles

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I have the same issue as @EnslavedTuna. 1 title always fails to match: 0004001000024000. It seems to be the same promotional video, according to the Title list, only the region differs.

Earth97

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
i don't think she can, (does she have an hardmod? does she even have spare time? nevermind, i will ask to that bus you know)
Of course, Bus hardmodded her console. She developed a safe version of A9LH installer, she should be glad to test your translated OTPHelper.

pre10c

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
is this gonna get even more safe? ive been holding off from doing this because im scared to brick my 2ds and n3ds and was hoping for a relative safe way to do it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol