• Views 141,509
  • Replies 801
  • Likes 61

pre10c

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
FIRM0 / FIRM1 can be dumped and injected. which is useful for a manual fix after a botched downgrade

does this mean when otphelper reports a faulty downgrade, that we can use this to properly fix the downgrade without upgrading and downgrading again??

Ainuwen

Trophies
XP
Country
Hmm, chastised for using a version that was barely a day out of date, then release another 20 minutes after :(
For the record, v0.80 failed, while v0.81 succeeds. Used one click setup.

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hmm, chastised for using a version that was barely a day out of date, then release another 20 minutes after :(
For the record, v0.80 failed, while v0.81 succeeds. Used one click setup.
v0.80 failed? What was the error? That promotional video, I guess (just one TMD)?

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Title 0004001000025000
Not a false positive either, when I checked the Sha256Sum it was a mismatch.
Yeah, that's the infamous 'promotional video'.

If the One Click downgrade works, will you @Plailect recommend that over your guide if you already are on an emunand?
This is not a 'One Click Downgrade'. It just unbricks your EmuNAND and transfers it - safely - to your SysNAND. Adhere to Plailects guide!

Reactions: linuxares
D

Deleted User

So bit confused (1st time using this program)

I've followed the guide, set up a 10.7 emuNAND, got Tinyformat, formatted, reinstalled SysUpdater, and chose downgrade and it went through and rebooted after finishing updates.

However, when I boot OTPHelper from sysNAND and choose One Click Setup, everything fails.

Validation Stage 0: FAILED
Validation Stage 1: FAILED
Validation Stage 2: FAILED

WARNING: Validation Stage 0 failed!
!DO NOT RESTORE THIS TO SYSNAND!

Not sure what I'm doing wrong. SysNAND 9.2 with menuhax, 10.7 emunand (tried booting both Cakes/AuRei/GW) [I've even tried creating a new emunand and updating it again]

Last edited by ,

pre10c

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium

I've followed the guide, set up a 10.7 emuNAND, got Tinyformat, formatted, reinstalled SysUpdater, and chose downgrade and it went through and rebooted after finishing updates.

However, when I boot OTPHelper from sysNAND and choose One Click Setup, everything fails.

Not sure what I'm doing wrong. SysNAND 9.2 with menuhax, 10.7 emunand (tried booting both Cakes/AuRei/GW) [I've even tried creating a new emunand and updating it again]

did you format twice using tinyformat?

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

Full log, please. It is on your SD card. Most likely you are one of those who have a botched firm install. Read up in Plailects guide what to do about this.

D

Deleted User

Full log, please. It is on your SD card. Most likely you are one of those who have a botched firm install. Read up in Plailects guide what to do about this.

That was pretty much the entire log. The part I left out was just the personal info like NAND ID/Serial #/TWL Customer ID.

Using EmuNAND @ 26C000/000000
NAND CID: <hidden>
TWL Customer ID: <hidden>
FIRM0 hash mismatch!
Your serial number is: <hidden>
Your region is: USA

Starting from scratch is recommended

Did you forget about downgrading first?
One Click Setup: failed!

Press B to return, START to reboot.

Restored my emuNAND_formatted and booted back up and run TinyFormat a 3rd time. Downgrading again. Succeeded, and rebooted.

Booted OTPHelper again, failed same spot.

Stupid question, don't you have to run Unbrick 2.1 emuNAND first before choosing One Click Setup, or does OCS do that as well?

If so, that part of the guide is missing.

Last edited by ,

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Restored my emuNAND_formatted and booted back up and run TinyFormat a 3rd time. Downgrading again. Succeeded, and rebooted.

Booted OTPHelper again, failed same spot.

Doing the same thing over and over again, expecting a different outcome?
Code:
FIRM0 hash mismatch!
You need to fix this, even if you repeat this 100 times, you will most likely always end up there. You need to inject a proper firm to EmuNAND (no worries, OTPHelper handles this too). I suggest you go over to #3dshacks on rizon and ask for help.

Stupid question, don't you have to run Unbrick 2.1 emuNAND first before choosing One Click Setup, or does OCS do that as well?

OCS does it all, you basically never need anything else in OTPHelper. Unless, one has a NAND like yours, See above :)

SAIYAN48

Kaiser Supremissimus
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm following @Plailect 's guide and the OTP one click to install failed at stages 1 and 2. Looking through the log, I see no mismatches. Am I missing something, or did I screw something up?

Attachments

• otphelper.log.txt
    5.5 KB · Views: 305

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Will try it out and post again.

Edit: Whatever magic you put in the new version worked :P
The 'magic' in that case, is ignoring that error :P. But this is okay in that single case and won't do any damage or cause any problems.

@gunner007 - you are right, Plailect just added that part, it was not in there before. By the way, know that we saved your 3DS. On any downgrade attempt pre OTPHelper 0.70 what you have here would have been a guaranteed (and fully undetected) brick.

Reactions: SAIYAN48
D

Deleted User

@gunner007 - you are right, Plailect just added that part, it was not in there before. By the way, know that we saved your 3DS. On any downgrade attempt pre OTPHelper 0.70 what you have here would have been a guaranteed (and fully undetected) brick.

Oh I'm sure it did. I've been using the old guide with CN and manually doing everything and wanted to give this new guide and OTP a try.

I'm just confused about the firm part. I downgraded to 9.2 (checked with downgraderchecker) and had no missing titles/extra/mismatched. Used emuNAND9 to create an emuNAND. Booted into that emuNAND and ran TinyFormat to unlink it. Booted to emuNAND again, did a system update to bring emuNAND from 9.2 to 10.7.

Then kept following the guide. Just not sure where FIRM0 mismatch came from, waiting on the IRC to see any responses. Should I just update sysNAND and downgrade again?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Hello!