Hacking [Release]NTR CFW 3.2 with experimental Real-Time Save feature.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary

Delegacy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi, im a complete noob here.. but here i go, i managed to install NTR3.2 on my emuNAND but when i try to run MHX its just stuck on the "Nintendo 3ds" screen forever :(

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Where should I place it? Into a folder containing the game's and/or DLC's and/or 1.1 update's title ID?
Game, DLC, and update titleID should all be the same, shouldn't it?

If not, and you have a folder for both the DLC and the update, delete them. The only folder you should have in the plugin directory is the one with the game's titleID.

supermariorick

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have no idea what the majority of your post is talking about, but there should be no problems running a language and cheat plugins at the same time.

Certain combinations of cheats may cause crashes though.
actually it turns out the cheat plugin i was using was outdated and the newer version works with the language emulation plugin lmao
downloading cheat plugins from baidu is annoying though

supermariorick

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm backing up my emunand real fast and then I'll give it a shot, thanks.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Might as well ask a few more questions while I'm waiting;

Are there more plugins than what come with it that I should know about?
Does the cheat plugin work on CIA games?
Does the cheat plugin use Gateway or ARCode codes?
the cheat plugin uses codes in NTR format. not Gateshark or Spider3dstools ARcode. however some codes from Spider3dstools ARcode can be converted to NTR codes with the right difference to calculate with. So far from what I know, that would be Zelda A Link Between Worlds and Fantasy Life.

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
hi, im a complete noob here.. but here i go, i managed to install NTR3.2 on my emuNAND but when i try to run MHX its just stuck on the "Nintendo 3ds" screen forever :(
This occurs because MHX requires you to be on 9.9, I assume you have an new3DS with an emuNAND on 9.5 or lower?

actually it turns out the cheat plugin i was using was outdated and the newer version works with the language emulation plugin lmao
downloading cheat plugins from baidu is annoying though
Good to know, I'll keep that in mind for next time.

the cheat plugin uses codes in NTR format. not Gateshark or Spider3dstools ARcode. however some codes from Spider3dstools ARcode can be converted to NTR codes with the right difference to calculate with.
@Lord M says differently. He's well versed in this stuff, so I'm more inclined to take his word for it.

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
The only folder you should have in the plugin directory is the one with the game's titleID.
Thanks a lot! I was so stupid, made folders for DLC and update title ID, but not for the Game itself. Thanks again to all who helped me! Works perfectly now!

Reactions: Zidapi

Delegacy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This occurs because MHX requires you to be on 9.9, I assume you have an new3DS with an emuNAND on 9.5 or lower?

yes, i just downgraded from 10.3 to 9.2 and installed pastacfw and all the others in this tutorial
https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...ncluding-emunand-coldboot-cia-manager.405589/
i believe i can just download a cia of mhx to play it (not sure if that also requires 9.9) but i already have a 100 hour save file on the rom from when i was using homebrew to play it, so im not exactly sure on how to proceed

Ailuros27

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it safe to use this with a linked emunand? Will it even work in emunand and does it use the same one as RxTools and Gateway?

KobraXMW

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a central location where I can see all the plugins available to NTR and possibly be able to download them too?

DarkSynopsis

Trophies
Website
ninjasfate.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
Any downsides to keeping this running once its been booted? I boot into rxTools and so far only use NTR for some Fire Emblem but then I rebooted the system to close NTR down, mostly keep my system in sleep so if no downside to NTR in the background I won't reboot.

I installed the N3DS Clock Speed plugin, I'm pretty sure it doesn't auto activate? but man was Fire Emblem If (Fates) so smooth compared to Awakening kinda curious if it was just the game or it got the increased clock speed.

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thanks a lot! I was so stupid, made folders for DLC and update title ID, but not for the Game itself. Thanks again to all who helped me! Works perfectly now!
Happy to help. Glad to hear you got it working.

yes, i just downgraded from 10.3 to 9.2 and installed pastacfw and all the others in this tutorial
https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...ncluding-emunand-coldboot-cia-manager.405589/
i believe i can just download a cia of mhx to play it (not sure if that also requires 9.9) but i already have a 100 hour save file on the rom from when i was using homebrew to play it, so im not exactly sure on how to proceed
Yeah, that's the beauty of being on 9.2, you can bypass nearly any measure Nintendo has put in place. I think you want to find a "firmware spoofed" .cia of MHX, that should allow you to run it on your current firmware.

I installed the N3DS Clock Speed plugin, I'm pretty sure it doesn't auto activate? but man was Fire Emblem If (Fates) so smooth compared to Awakening kinda curious if it was just the game or it got the increased clock speed.
It needs to be manually activated from the in-game menu after starting a game.

gw address = ntr address
in other words, you could use gw address to make your ntr cheat plugin
Is there any way to view the addresses a compiled plugin uses? I thought I might take a stab at porting some plugins to the Gateshark format.

Is there a central location where I can see all the plugins available to NTR and possibly be able to download them too?
There is, but it's difficult to navigate being that it's in Chinese, and most of the plugins are for Japanese games.

There's a user here that was repacking, rehosting and translating plugins to Spanish, which is much easier to navigate. It seems I haven't got it bookmarked, it's somewhere in @OctopusRift's NTR 3.0 thread though.

Edit: Here you go, en español!

Last edited by Zidapi,
Reactions: OctopusRift

TR_mahmutpek

medic
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
I opened the ntr cfw (bootntr) on the home menu and its says ...done and nothing, nothing installed. Can you help me?
Thanks...

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I opened the ntr cfw (bootntr) on the home menu and its says ...done and nothing, nothing installed. Can you help me?
Thanks...
That's how it works it doesent "install" anything when u go back to 3ds menu press X and Y

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: