Homebrew [Release] NTM - NAND Title Manager for DSi

Ahmeteled

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Jordan
Sorry but I have a question.
I was playing GTA: Chinatown Wars normally in DSi Mode, I noticed that Huang and the pedestrians' upper sprites were flickering so I decided to switch to DS Mode, but it was laggy. Is there any tips you can help with? I honestly don't know what to do for now...
Thank you for taking your time.

Last edited by Ahmeteled,

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry but I have a question.
I was playing GTA: Chinatown Wars normally in DSi Mode, I noticed that Huang and the pedestrians' upper sprites were flickering so I decided to switch to DS Mode, but it was laggy. Is there any tips you can help with? I honestly don't know what to do for now...
Thank you for taking your time.
This is not an issue with NTM, but with nds-bootstrap. Unfortunately, the lags are normal (at least for now).

Ahmeteled

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Jordan
Or can you help me find the clock speed adjustment in the game settings of TWiLight Menu++? I can find it every game but Chinatown Wars

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for letting me know, but what about the sprite flickering in DSi mode?
Seems to be due to timing issues caused by TWL clock speed.
Or can you help me find the clock speed adjustment in the game settings of TWiLight Menu++? I can find it every game but Chinatown Wars
It's disabled because of the sprite flickering issue.

Reactions: Ahmeteled

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so now I only have to ask you to put on a lag fix for future updates, can you?
The real issue is the sprite flickering, which is the one issue that needs fixing. I don't know how to fix it, unfortunately.

This is also off-topic, so if you have future questions, please ask in the nds-bootstrap thread for running DS games on the console's SD, the TWiLight Menu++ thread for stuff related to the GUI, or the Discord server linked in the first post of the DSi NOOB Paradise thread.

Pk11

A catgirl with a DSi
OP
Trophies
Website
pk11.us
XP
Country
United States
Is there an option to install system applications the way how they're supposed to? I somehow managed to erase System Settings a while back with TwlNmenu and patching it to be a DSiWare application doesn't help a bit.
Try with the latest commit, I added a bypass to installing the blacklisted titles if that title isn't installed since the whole point of blacklisting them is to prevent them being overwritten by something broken and if they don't exist that's not a risk.

If you mean out of region system apps, I've since done a nand restore, so although I would consider that feature handy, I couldn't test it right now...
Thanks for keeping up the work on this, it's done everything as expected for me up until now :-)
I also finished up and pushed this, so now out-of-region system apps aren't blacklisted, bit late but if anyone's reading this in the future that's now possible.

MaxiBash

Your Local Random Internet Geek
Trophies
Website
trashbandatcootofficial.cardd.co
XP
Country
Netherlands
Try with the latest commit, I added a bypass to installing the blacklisted titles if that title isn't installed since the whole point of blacklisting them is to prevent them being overwritten by something broken and if they don't exist that's not a risk.
Awesome, seemed to work with no apparent issues from the getgo and the app has finally been restored after being gone from my home menu for more than a year lol.

Edit: It did seem to reset my time to 01/01/2008 00:00 after unmounting? Weird.

Reactions: Pk11

TheSegaKid

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
I installed A little bit of...Dr. Mario with this and it installed perfectly but when I tried booting the game, I got an error has occurred, please help

Pk11

A catgirl with a DSi
OP
Trophies
Website
pk11.us
XP
Country
United States
I installed A little bit of...Dr. Mario with this and it installed perfectly but when I tried booting the game, I got an error has occurred, please help
Did you provide a legit TMD file? If not reinstall it with a proper TMD, or (re)install Unlaunch with Launcher Patches enabled. See the wiki's install guide.

v0.1.3

Pk11

A catgirl with a DSi
OP
Trophies
Website
pk11.us
XP
Country
United States

Version 0.1.3 - Missing TMD warning

Please see the wiki for information on how to use NTM.​

What's new?​

• NTM will now show a warning if a TMD file was not provided when installing to SysNAND
  • Blacklisted titles now only apply to the DSi's region, those titles from other regions are now able to be (un)installed like normal
  • You are now able to install blacklisted titles if they are missing (ex. if System Settings was somehow uninstalled in the past, NTM can now reinstall it)

:download: As usual, the download is on GitHub or Universal-DB

Really minor update, but I've seen a few people try install without Unlaunch's launcher patches or legit TMDs a few times now (such as the previous posts in this thread lol) so hopefully this warning message will alleviate that.

Edit: Oh forgot about the other recent commits lol, actually not as minor of an update as I thought, still not all too big though.

Last edited by Pk11,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hke2YUirpf4 +1