XP
Country
United Kingdom

Jubern

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys.

I'm on 10.3.0.28 and as I wanted to be able to access eShop and play online without losing homebrew nor going through downgrading and installing emuNAND I went with the franken firmware option and updated NVER to 10.3.0.30 (JP N3DS).
It went perfectly, but I can't boot the eShop from Home Menu (asks for update) nor HANS (yellow screen...). I read about how I also need to update friends service and downloaded the according CIA to do so, but NASA is now stuck on boot at "#5 Restoring SlabHeap backup".

I can't turn off the console and reboot it, everything works perfectly, but if I try to but NASA it just stays like that. What can I do?
Thanks for the help.

Dylan the Tactician

Trophies
Website
plus.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Quick Question: If we install a legit cia on 10.3 (and non-legit in the case of a 9.2 3ds) on sysnand, then update to the latest FW, will the game still be there/be playable?

If no one knows the answer to this, I'm willing to test this on two o3dsXL's, the 9.2 theory and 10.3.
(Also, please don't give me the "well don't update" answer, I have very specific reasons for why I'm asking this)

pbanj

The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich
Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
Quick Question: If we install a legit cia on 10.3 (and non-legit in the case of a 9.2 3ds) on sysnand, then update to the latest FW, will the game still be there/be playable?

If no one knows the answer to this, I'm willing to test this on two o3dsXL's, the 9.2 theory and 10.3.
(Also, please don't give me the "well don't update" answer, I have very specific reasons for why I'm asking this)
the legit ones will be but not the non legit ones as the sig check would need to be patched and that needs 9.2 or cfw if u want to be on 10.5. the legit ones actually get tied to ur account and you can re download them from the eshop

nintendo2600

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used nasa to try and install a legit cia of link between worlds on both my sd and real nand but nothing shows up even though it says it installed? Same happened with trying to install the cia's for devmenu and big blue menu on either sd or nand. I used menuhax as my entry point and I'm on 10.3.0-28U. I just want to be able to load a few games onto this 3ds for my kid is all. Any help would be greatly appricated.

pbanj

Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
I used nasa to try and install a legit cia of link between worlds on both my sd and real nand but nothing shows up even though it says it installed? Same happened with trying to install the cia's for devmenu and big blue menu on either sd or nand. I used menuhax as my entry point and I'm on 10.3.0-28U. I just want to be able to load a few games onto this 3ds for my kid is all. Any help would be greatly appricated.
those are not legit CIAs, they have to be ones that came preinstalled on 3ds's

here is a list of them by region

>>Region Free Games<<
Pokemon Alpha Sapphire
Pokemon Omega Ruby
Pokemon X
Pokemon Y

>>EUR Games<<
Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer
Animal Crossing New Leaf
Fire Emblem Awakening
Kirby Triple Deluxe
Luigi's Mansion 2
Mario Kart 7
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
New Super Mario Bros. 2 Special Edition
Super Mario 3D Land
Super Smash Bros. For 3DS
The Legend of Zelda: Majoras Mask 3D
Tomodachi Life

>>USA Games<<
Animal Crossing New Leaf
Fire Emblem Awakening
Luigi's Mansion 2
Mario & Luigi Dream Team
Mario Kart 7
Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
New Super Mario Bros. 2 Gold Edition
Super Mario 3D Land
Yo-Kai Watch

>>JPN Games<<
Tomodachi Collection New Life

Last edited by pbanj,

pbanj

Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for the reply. So how do I go about adding non legit CIA's on 10.3.0 please? Is there another program I should be using? Again, thank you for your time.
you will need to downgrade to 9.2 and then set up an emunand. you will be able to update the emunand to 10.5 so you can get online and get on the eshop

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I want to install legit CIA on a 10.3 3ds for my relative but how do you update games like Pokémon when you get the message to update before accessing eshop? I don't trust the idea of giving a 3ds with emunand/sysnand.

pbanj

Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
I want to install legit CIA on a 10.3 3ds for my relative but how do you update games like Pokémon when you get the message to update before accessing eshop? I don't trust the idea of giving a 3ds with emunand/sysnand.
you have to flash the nver file for 10.5 and then use hans to spoof the fw and u can get on the eshop. it has to be a older ver of hans as the newest one has issues

the hans that works
https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...n-9-5-0-23-emunand.407714/page-7#post-5931913

Last edited by pbanj,
Reactions: Harsky

Dylan the Tactician

Trophies
Website
plus.google.com
XP
Country
United States

pbanj

Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
Couldn't you just go to 9.2, setup rxtools 3.0, run sysnand with patches, install the update and the just go back to whatever firmware you were using previously?
a system nand on 9.2 would still need to have the nver flashed to get on the eshop. but why would you downgrade just to do what u can/have to do on 10.3 already just to go back to 10.3? he said he doesnt want to setup an emunand.

Dylan the Tactician

Trophies
Website
plus.google.com
XP
Country
United States
it probably didn't actually install, that's happened in my experience.
Yeah, just got to check, it didn't.

[Edit]
Went back into NASA to try to install it again, and the space from the previous attempt is still being taken up. Any ideas?

[Edit 2]
Found the files, deleted them... but NASA still does the freakishly fast failed install. Any ideas on fixing this?

[Edit 3]
Got sick of NASA. Decided, "screw this I'm using a patched version of FBI"

so to a patched version of FBI I went, and the patched version of FBI worked. All is fixed. (Also, I couldn't figure out Houston so being able to use socketpunch, my regular net. installer helped)

Last edited by Dylan the Tactician,

paxko45

Trophies
XP
Country
O2DS Eur running 10.3 cia doesnt install. I boot up menuhax, nasa version 1.3, then i try to install legit sm3dl (tried with 2 cia files) and the program just does not show up, tried about 10-15 time to sd and about 5 to nand, also tried fbi same problem tried like 7 time :( :(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one +1