sniffablecow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To my understanding.....
Short answer: no
Long answer: Both homebrew CIA installers work just fine, you can install both legit and unsigned cias, the problem with unsigned cias is that even if they're installed they won't show up on home menu because you lack signature patches for them to work (which CFW provides), so they're there but you can't use them. Also the current homebrew launcher/hax doesn't have enough privileges to load unsigned cias because it was designed that way to begin with.

well i must ask, what is CFW?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
If File successfully sent is not showed, it looks like your connection timed out during sending and NASA just tried to install "a part" of your CIA (resulting in an install fail).
Is it possible for the next release to be able to install all the successful ones even if one fails? Like DevMenu, if you cancel it halfway through a file being installed, all the previous ones will still show up. If there's a technical reason why this can't happen, what is it?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

well i must ask, what is CFW?
Custom firmware, allows unsigned content to run. The popular ones are rxtools for old 3ds, ReiNAND and cakes for new 3ds.

D

Deleted User

Now wait... When a CFW gets released... There's gonna be those 10 year olds that update, then cry because they can't get games for free. You shouldn't update... And if you have been on gbatemp a while, and updated... You shouldn't be in here at all. Nice cia installer though. I decided to downgrade with the original sisupdater for 10.3- came out. How do I know if I have a full downgrade? Everything works, but I wanna make sure

klear

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
CIA version works fine, 3DSX version works only with old version of ReiNand: https://github.com/Reisyukaku/ReiNand/issues/26
Rinnegatamante said:
Looks like the problem is in ServiceAccessControl not properly patched?

Trying hblauncher_loader on an old ReiNand version resulted in am:u service accessible.
With latest version am:u service is not accessible.

Tried this using a debug version of NASA. On old ReiNand it boots fine, on latest version it tries to execute memchunkhax2 cause am:u is not accessible and then freeze (due to low bootrate on N3DS consoles the hax has, probably).
Which version of ReiNand & Nasa did you try?

Last edited by klear,

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
so, how do I add ReiNAND to n3ds? and how risky is it? and will I be able to play any cia I want?

And why you posted here? And why you don't post on ReiNand thread?
Which version of ReiNand & Nasa did you try?

As said in the github issue: ReiNand 3.2 and a debug version of future v.1.3 of NASA.

Suicuark

Trophies
XP
Country
Macau
Why can't I install a legit CIA without turning off security mode?
I have enough space an when i install i have nothing in main-screen i don't understand.

shafty710

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
So...I just downgraded to 9.2.0 on O3DS. (yay)

I successfully installed a legit CIA using this manager with no problem back on 9.9.0.
Now that I've downgraded, I'm trying to install a non-legit CIA. The screen shows that the files successfully import, but when I go to the home screen, the game isn't installed. Am I missing something here? :/

pbanj

The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich
Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
So...I just downgraded to 9.2.0 on O3DS. (yay)

I successfully installed a legit CIA using this manager with no problem back on 9.9.0.
Now that I've downgraded, I'm trying to install a non-legit CIA. The screen shows that the files successfully import, but when I go to the home screen, the game isn't installed. Am I missing something here? :/
you need to booted into a cfw that has the sig checks disabled

dragonjud

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
k, I have another problem, I try to launch it, but it either gives me different colored tiny dots with a black screen, or just a black screen. ;(

Ok, I was about to give up on this, and I don't know why but here's what I had to do:
1) Delete wi-fi connections, but leave wifi-on (yes I know it makes no sense)
2) Go HB menu, and launch ftpbrony (any version of it) . If you cannot stop before fully launching just reboot.
3) Go back into HB menu, and now launch NASA.
It won't boot 100% but getting about 70% after doing these nonsense steps. Before that, it was never booting.

MrLuigix64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I got some problems instaling .cias (Not Legit) using network on HoustonUI version. 5 cias were installed succesfully but only 3 appeared on menu, the other 2 dont even appear on data management. One was a 3dsware game, and an Update.

I use RXTools 3.0, emuNAND 10.5, NASA 1.2. OLD 3DS.

KuzummJakk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed a few game using some of the Legit CIA files on ROM SITE, and it worked flawlessly ( FW 10.3 MenuHax) I find that Launching NASA through the Grid Launcher homebrew menu, I cut down on attempt till success from 30-50 times, to 4-6 times.

//For those who're having issues with Houston, try port forwarding port 500 to your 3Ds IP (along with every other recommendation)

THOUGH I HAVE AN ISSUE
Houston connects to NASA flawlessly, but NASA freezes as soon as the connection's made. Help?

Just Passing By

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed a few game using some of the Legit CIA files on this post and it worked flawlessly ( FW 10.3 MenuHax) I find that Launching NASA through the Grid Launcher homebrew menu, I cut down on attempt till success from 30-50 times, to 4-6 times.

//For those who're having issues with Houston, try port forwarding port 500 to your 3Ds IP (along with every other recommendation)

THOUGH I HAVE AN ISSUE
Houston connects to NASA flawlessly, but NASA freezes as soon as the connection's made. Help?
I'd delete that link you have unless you'd like a ban.

KaleoOmega

I just don't know what to do with myself...
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So, I have a question. Can I use NASA through this way...

- Start 3DS > MenuHax > Reboot on unlinked RxTools Emunand > Access HBL on Emunand > NASA Homebrew (.3dsx)

...in order to install a .cia installer (maybe even the .cia version of NASA) on my Emunand Home Menu?
I'm with some troubles trying to inject FBI on Health & Safety, didn't worked atm.

KPJZKC

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Have been trying this for the last few hours (and a few hours last night) without any success - very frustrating. Constantly getting either black screens or corrupted image screen. Got through to the menu maybe once (on NASA 1.1) but it froze before I could select anything - probably best it happened before I had started an install.

Tried going through grid launcher as recommended by the person above, but that hasn't helped either. Any suggestions? Kind of at the end of my rope.

n3ds XL europe - 9.8, using menuhax + browserhax (and trying gridlauncher)

I've also been opening ftbrony before opening NASA - the one time I actually got to the menu I had opened the Menuhax Manager and changed the menuhax trigger, and then opened nasa without rebooting.

EDIT

Decided to try a different SD card, which didn't work, so went back to old one but decided to clear everything off it (except the Nintendo 3DS folder) - threw on the starter kit, the legit CIA I wanted, went in through Browserhax - DIDN'T run or install menu-manager (yet), but opened FTBrony, copied over NASA 1.2, closed ftbrony, opened NASA 1.2, and it's currently letting me install the CIA file.

Will update if it finishes successfully. All these steps may be totally random though, and have no impact on it.

Last edited by KPJZKC,

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
So, I have a question. Can I use NASA through this way...

- Start 3DS > MenuHax > Reboot on unlinked RxTools Emunand > Access HBL on Emunand > NASA Homebrew (.3dsx)

...in order to install a .cia installer (maybe even the .cia version of NASA) on my Emunand Home Menu?
I'm with some troubles trying to inject FBI on Health & Safety, didn't worked atm.

If rxTools properly apply signpatch it should be fine. If you get black screen or memchunkhax2 screen, just tell me in PM or add me on skype and i'll send you a quite modified version which should fix the problem.

Reactions: KaleoOmega

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    I tried to get a slim on a black friday once, but they ran out of stock for the $100 one
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    many ages ago
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You can find them $50-75 nowdays if catch a deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Still remember grabbing this ps4 slim on black Friday for $200 when the msrp was still around 300
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went to auction at a mom/pops video game store few months ago that was closing, and bought 11 slims for $200, 1 was DOA but 10 work fine. so hella deal. Already rgh3'ed 8 of them. But most younger kids don't even want anymore, unless it plays stupid "fortnight", or newer shit.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Think I'm gonna use my giftcard balance on a nice pair of headphones but $100 is still limited
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Soundcore q30s are nice but they leak so much sound it sounds like speakers
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Ken spend the 100 on a gun and skii mask, wait for a jogger at the park jewelry money and headphones!
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If only Amazon sold guns
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking dick heads think it's a bad idea to get a gun 2 days later
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wait, I thought you were the dickhe...nvm
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got balls on my chin and two dicks on my forehead sir
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sorry, no offense there double dickhead chinballs.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Chicks still love it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Mommy, look, what is that?". "That's your soon to be daddy."
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That you'll only see once
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Double dickhead chinballs is still better than double dickhead eyeballs.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    As in, the balls will grow in your eye sockets.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I paid 5 grand to get them moved to my chin
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    This you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My hair can't be that cool
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: JOE! :P