ROM Hack [Release] Monster Hunter Stories Save Editor MHSEC-G

iSharingan

Show me your power
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried adding the Elite 5 monster list but im not sure what to put the UID to any help would be appreciated.
if the eggs weren't there, you forgot to import the save (or possibly forgot to save your edits before moving the save back). For PID, just do one higher than the last legit monstie's PID - but note that the 'elite 5' use redundant gene skills, unoptimized attack lists, dummy/illegal genes, and/or one or two nontransferable genes (IE: Great Poogie Gene/Epona Gene/Goukami Gene, all of which cant be channeled as the source monster can't be released)

Last edited by iSharingan,

iSharingan

Show me your power
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alright, so a bit of tinkering later I determined that simply adding a specific rare gene isn't enough by itself for a blue saddle. The true requirements are (1) at least one rare gene (ID 0x0108 or higher, not including dummy genes, most S/M/L tiered genes, or DLC monster signature genes) must be present and (2) there must be at least 5, but not more than 7 genes present at the time of hatching. 8 or 9 genes will result in a red saddle, as will 4 or less regardless of rarity. You can set 5-7 of the exact same rare gene and get the saddle, or set 1 rare and 4-6 identical 'common' or signature genes and get the saddle.

Furthermore, I confirmed its not set via flag so Channeling does, indeed, update it. You can gain the saddle when conditions are met and lose it when they aren't - namely adding a 8th and 9th gene or removing the rare gene, which is kinda disappointing, IMO, as it means you cant have a fully gene'd monstie with a blue saddle.

ThienCo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is it possible to save the save editor just play plugging in the sd card into the computer and used that save file? or do you have to go through the entire process of installing homebrew launcher and then installing jksm?

iSharingan

Show me your power
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is it possible to save the save editor just play plugging in the sd card into the computer and used that save file? or do you have to go through the entire process of installing homebrew launcher and then installing jksm?
the save on the SD is encrypted by the system itself. you need to use homebrew and JKSM/Checkpoint to get a decrypted version

ThienCo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank You for the answer. Is it possible to homebrew and install jksm on version 11.7 of 3ds. I looked at the homebrew website and guides online and the max one i can find was 11.6. Should i just wait or is it possible to downgrade the 3ds?

iSharingan

Show me your power
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank You for the answer. Is it possible to homebrew and install jksm on version 11.7 of 3ds. I looked at the homebrew website and guides online and the max one i can find was 11.6. Should i just wait or is it possible to downgrade the 3ds?
11.7 is new. there will be ways to get homebrew on it shortly when they update other entry point (like Ninjhax, etc.) but unless they post a way in for full CFW like they did on 11.6, you'll need to wait on that.

Machiavell

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
How to make Black or White Rathalos? I have tried making an egg with proper ID and Ratha's Gene but it comes out as regular Ratha when hatched. Should I try editing it after it hatches instead?

iSharingan

Show me your power
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How to make Black or White Rathalos? I have tried making an egg with proper ID and Ratha's Gene but it comes out as regular Ratha when hatched. Should I try editing it after it hatches instead?
there's no way to change the color of a monstie other than elemental change. For Ratha/Rathalos, only the blue portion of the design changes. The closest you can get to black is the default fire element (remains blue) and the closest to white is ice element (turns light blue). The bulk of the design remains orange regardless.

Lilio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Hi all,
It’s my first post on those forums.
For the past couple of days I’ve been checking on ways to hack this game (Since I just recently learned it’s even possible). I’ll start by saying that I did not and don’t want to mod my 3ds, but I do want to edit the save data.
I have access to the extra data that the game saves to the SD card, which is also or maybe just contains the save data. The thing is that are 8 files inside the game’s directory on the SD card, non of them is a .sav file. However I did messed around with those files and learned that I can back up my saves by backing up those files. When I tried to hex edit one of those files and loaded the game, it said that the save data was corrupted (which makes sense since I didn’t really know what I was doing) and it somehow recovered from that.
I have some questions about those files and save editing and I hope someone here will be able to help me:
1. Why are there 8 files instead of one save file?
2. Can I combine those files somehow so I could use the editor as well?
3. Is there a way to get the .sav file without installing any Homebrew on my 3ds?
4. Can I get some guidelines about researching for offsets inside hex file? I know that the valuse for my money, level, exp, etc. is in those files but what methods can I use to find out which bytes affect thoses values?

Sorry if I had too many questions and it’s inappropriate but I’m really new to this and really want to make it work.
Thanks in advance :)

iSharingan

Show me your power
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have some questions about those files and save editing and I hope someone here will be able to help me:
1. Why are there 8 files instead of one save file?
2. Can I combine those files somehow so I could use the editor as well?
3. Is there a way to get the .sav file without installing any Homebrew on my 3ds?
4. Can I get some guidelines about researching for offsets inside hex file? I know that the values for my money, level, exp, etc. is in those files but what methods can I use to find out which bytes affect thoses values?

Sorry if I had too many questions and it’s inappropriate but I’m really new to this and really want to make it work.
Thanks in advance :)
1. they're encrypted and some is the DLC data/etc.
2. no
3. no. Homebrew/custom firmware are the only even remotely practical ways. The only other method involves brute forcing your SD's encryption - which would take effectively forever
4. make multiple exports with different values for the value you want to change. plug the files in sequence into cheat engine (use 'open file' instead of 'open program') and search for each corresponding value for the export - or just use the save editor, as it already handles the offsets for you.

Lilio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
1. they're encrypted and some is the DLC data/etc.
2. no
3. no. Homebrew/custom firmware are the only even remotely practical ways. The only other method involves brute forcing your SD's encryption - which would take
4. make multiple exports with different values for the value you want to change. plug the files in sequence into cheat engine (use 'open file' instead of 'open program') and search for each corresponding value for the export - or just use the save editor, as it already handles the offsets for you.

First of all thank you for the fast reply!
About the SD encryption - On my research I came across this guide for modding the 3ds: 3ds.guide (sorry it seems like I can’t post links)
I read through what I would need to do and it seems like I will have to bruteforce my SD card encryption anyway if I want to mod.
Is it referring to the same thing as you or am I mistaking?
And thank you very much about that Cheat Engine hint. I will try that later and hopefully I’ll be able to make some some progress. I’m curious though, do you know of anyone who tried it this way? I get the feeling that no one even tried it since most of the people that are interested in this kind of stuff just have access to the decrypted save file.

iSharingan

Show me your power
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I read through what I would need to do and it seems like I will have to bruteforce my SD card encryption anyway if I want to mod.
Is it referring to the same thing as you or am I mistaking?
Turning the 3DS on itself is not the same as brute forcing it. there are limited possible seeds for the 3DS to use and its based on a different hidden value that the 3DS can access but outside brute-force programs wouldn't have access to

Lilio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
I tried using the editor to add myself some items. I wanted to add those items so I can complete the Monsterpedia materials pages. I noticed however, that by modifying how much of the item I have is not working as I can't see that item on the Monsterpedia and I can't even sell it to shops or anything. Someone knows which offsets in the save file are responsible for the Monsterpedia?

iSharingan

Show me your power
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know the genes for Kushala Doara and Teostra and Rajang? UIDS would be helpful as well
they aren't in the 1.1/only localized version, so there's no point. If you're using the Japanese 1.2 or 1.3 update, try incrementing by 1 past the last gene ID listed in the tools (this will crash if not on 1.2 or higher or if you pass the true last gene under any circumstance)

Reactions: SilverKaiser

SilverKaiser

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
they aren't in the 1.1/only localized version, so there's no point. If you're using the Japanese 1.2 or 1.3 update, try incrementing by 1 past the last gene ID listed in the tools (this will crash if not on 1.2 or higher or if you pass the true last gene under any circumstance)
im on the jap version 1.3 lol keep trying to find a teostra but its making my life painful. When I open the monster party shower it tells me that the uid for kushala is 005B but that crashes my game somehow when i tried to put into an egg. So im just quru spamming in dovan rn

iSharingan

Show me your power
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im on the jap version 1.3 lol keep trying to find a teostra but its making my life painful. When I open the monster party shower it tells me that the uid for kushala is 005B but that crashes my game somehow when i tried to put into an egg. So im just quru spamming in dovan rn
its possible you're not reversing bytes properly if manually editing in the data. if you're hex editing in specifically "00 5B", reverse it to "5B 00"

then again 005B is the ID for Sealing Gene (S), so you prolly both have the wrong gene and are entering it in reverse (little-endian format can be a pain unless you know its present, but its the most commonly used output for save data as its effectively default).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Hitler would've made a decent a rapper