[Release] Monster Hunter Stories Save Editor MHSEC-G

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by secXsQuared, Oct 19, 2016.

1. heero_spidey

heero_spidey Member

Newcomer
    Jul 27, 2016
    United States
    Hey sorry but butting in, but I do have a question regarding that. I export and then import my data when I'm done using the editor.

My question is, do I have to import the save file back into the game at the end or does copy and paste work?

2. ThoD

ThoD GBATemp Maniac (apparently), but more like "bored"

Sep 8, 2017
    Greece
    What do you mean? You backup the extra data with JKSM, move it to a computer, edit it, move it back on the SD card and import. If you don't import it back, it will load the normal save you had when you play the game.

3. heero_spidey

heero_spidey Member

Newcomer
    Jul 27, 2016
    United States
    I understand. It's strange though, I need a golden cricket for the quest and that's it. I checked and have 982, so no max, but I can't turn in the quest.

I cancel and took the quest again with no success, but the strange thing is for a board quest that needed the same item it worked fine and right away.

Then I took a different blue quest that needed some other item and it also worked right away, so yeah, weird.

4. ThoD

ThoD GBATemp Maniac (apparently), but more like "bored"

Sep 8, 2017
    Greece
    Some quests require you to get at least one more of what is needed even if you already have enough, so keep that in mind. All quests are easily completed with the item edit though since you only need to get 1 more of the item at most.

5. heero_spidey

heero_spidey Member

Newcomer
    Jul 27, 2016
    United States
    Got it, no problem.

Thank you.

ThoD likes this.
  6. HolyBash

HolyBash Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 8, 2016
    United States
    Can someone loan me a usa copy of there save file idc what progress u made into my 3ds got fucked and i gotta start it a new plz help me

7. HolyBash

HolyBash Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 8, 2016
    United States
    So nobody can loan me anear complete save a usa save file?

8. Gerzeo

Gerzeo Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 10, 2018
    Mexico
    Hi. Does anybody know the IDs for kushala n' teostra?

9. N0R7H

N0R7H Member

Newcomer
    Oct 27, 2017
    Spain
    Can't Ratha have IVs?

10. ericling

ericling GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 15, 2009
    Malaysia
    Malaysia
    Thanks for the work!

Just completed the game and have some pretty strong monster with great genes, however they are not properly lined up for bingos.

I am considering to arrange the genes properly for bingos using this save editor but do I risk getting banned if I play online with the edited save file? (I would play clean online by using clean monsters but will the game detects that my save file is edited?)

11. Raghav

Raghav Member

Newcomer
    Feb 1, 2017
    India
    Guys can you tell me how can I change a monster like i have a velocidrome and i want to change it to a gloden rathian so how can I change it

12. Robert313

Robert313 Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 14, 2018
    United States
    I'm hoping someone can help i have two 3ds one i use only for homebrew... I just recently got mhs and i was trying to edit my save data the only problem is it saves to the sd card which is the one i don't have homebrew for

13. Damien_C

Damien_C Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 17, 2018
    Australia
    Does anybody meet with this problem?

ad06a5317805f24f3bcf4f7f9186347.png e759c7e3231e27877b5582013e1fd9d.png

it seems like the data is misplaced so that all of the things are garbled, but this problem only appears with the "monsters" editing, everything else is all right.

it just seems like this, every monster after editing doesn't work, but other things are ok to edit.

Can anybody help me?

ps:it's a JPN rom, with Chinese translation.

14. Damien_C

Damien_C Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 17, 2018
    Australia
    that's my sav file with the "monsters" problems. Hope it helps.

Attached Files:

15. secXsQuared
    OP

secXsQuared GBAtemp Regular

Dec 22, 2015
    Canada
    Ever studied geography mate?
    I'll look into it. AFAIK there was a scheduled update that supposedly expanded the monster data area.

Damien_C likes this.
  16. Venanng

Venanng Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 25, 2017
    Mexico
    Someone has a Dinovaldo/Glavenus to share whit me, please?

17. Damien_C

Damien_C Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 17, 2018
    Australia
    Thanks a lot man, hope to get the new one soon.

18. Damien_C

Damien_C Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 17, 2018
    Australia
    I found out that the v1.3 update of the game changes the monsters data, hope to have an update to fit with 1.3.

19. wownmnpare

wownmnpare GBAtemp Fan

Jan 9, 2014
    Caloocan
    Can this unlock amiibo contents also? :)

20. iSharingan

iSharingan Show me your power

Jun 23, 2016
    United States
    so... not entirely ignoring the possibility that the editor is dead, but if I find the exact byte on monsters that controls the attribute type (fire/water/etc.) of the monster, would it be possible to get it added? I'm decent with code, so I should be able to add it to to a fork in github/make a merge request (along with changing the gene readout to English on gene editor dropdowns, as I already have a list of the official gene names), if need be - although it will be potentially slower than someone familiar with the source setting it up.

about the monstie attribute changing: changing type via genes is easy enough - its changing type back that's [next to] impossible. In most cases it just results in a monstie that's a different color and has a different element on their kinship skill. However for cosmetic reasons/intentional kinship type changing after finally getting your ideal genes/reverting an accidental attribute change after saving, it could be helpful to have in the editor.

Just figured I'd ask considering people can get touchy about edits to their code - even those with source provided in cases like this.

EDIT: Judging by the readme.md, I'll just go ahead and fork and send the merge request for whenever you get a chance to look at it

Last edited by iSharingan, Mar 1, 2018