ROM Hack [Release] MH Talisman Editor for MHXX MHX/MHGen MH4G/MH4U

feenachan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One of the skills on your talisman exceeds the legal limit. If you go over the limit for a skill, then the talisman won't show up in your inventory.
Thanks! I have another question. I'm HR1 for now since this is a new character. What talisman am I able to have up to? Will going over that limit corrupt my save?

alphex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks! I have another question. I'm HR1 for now since this is a new character. What talisman am I able to have up to? Will going over that limit corrupt my save?
You shouldn't corrupt your game while editing talisman. Just make sure to backup your save before editing.

feenachan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so I made a pretty cool talisman but it's a Dragon Talisman and I feel fairly confident I can't equip them yet since I'm HR1.
This is what's happening
http://i.imgur.com/I2WojZ0.jpg
It doesn't show that it actually has the skills despite it showing on 'View Talismans.'

jc28735250

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One of the skills on your talisman exceeds the legal limit. If you go over the limit for a skill, then the talisman won't show up in your inventory.

Actually it will show up; it's just that the skills will be blanked out. If you try to equip it or view it in the talismans list it might crash the game.

You can posses and equip any talisman that is legal even if you just started the game; however, other players would notice immediately should you decide to go online (what they would do is up to them). This tool won't be able to corrupt your save (in theory), and even if you manage to make more talisman than you have equipment slots for the program will just discard the extra ones and warn you about it. In any case, a backup of your save is copied to the "Backups" directory where the program is every time you hit the save button.

Ok so I made a pretty cool talisman but it's a Dragon Talisman and I feel fairly confident I can't equip them yet since I'm HR1.
This is what's happening
http://i.imgur.com/I2WojZ0.jpg
It doesn't show that it actually has the skills despite it showing on 'View Talismans.'

Are you using the latest version? This is what happens when you create a talisman that is not legal. Specifically, Sharpness + 9 in the second skill slot is not possible; the highest you can go is +8.

Seipookguy

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, first off thanks for making this! I am experiencing issues trying to get this to work. I am constantly getting an error when loading my save as shown in the picture and the details are below. I thin k because of this error it doesn't pull my talisman collection at all and saving any talismans i make corrupts the save. My game wont even make it past the load screen before crashing to home screen. Any ideas what the issue could be?

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
at MHX_Talisman_Editor.MainForm.UpdateList()
at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.set_SelectedIndex(Int32 value)
at MHX_Talisman_Editor.MainForm.loadSaveDataToolStripMenuItem_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.MenuStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18444 built by: FX451RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
MH Talisman Editor
Assembly Version: 0.4.2.0
Win32 Version: 0.4.2.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Jimmy/Desktop/New%20folder/MH%20Talisman%20Editor.exe
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34251 built by: FX452RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18408 built by: FX451RTMGREL
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34238 built by: FX452RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Data
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/System.Data/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
System.Core
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Xml
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34234 built by: FX452RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Numerics
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Numerics/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Numerics.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Attachments

• MHTalismanError.png
    MHTalismanError.png
    6.4 KB · Views: 300

Linkaruto

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any way you could make it so that there's not much of a limit. I'd like to make one with 10 blunt and 10 fencing but since there are limits I can't do it. I know you could break limits with powersaves in mh4u and the game was totally fine. I just wanted to know if the same was possible.

Last edited by Linkaruto,

Coffee Prosecutor

Asking too much.
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Is there any way you could make it so that there's not much of a limit. I'd like to make one with 10 blunt and 10 fencing but since there are limits I can't do it. I know you could break limits with powersaves in mh4u and the game was totally fine. I just wanted to know if the same was possible.
It ain't that hard to make good Mind's Eye and Blunt Weapon-sets, so don't try to overthink it.

If you can't think of those sets properly or put them into the ASS, you are nothing but scum, sorry, after all, this tool was specifically created, for creating legit charms. If you can't accept such a simple fact, you ain't worthy.

Last edited by Coffee Prosecutor,

jc28735250

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

No, it is not possible to create over-limit skills in MHX/MHGen without hacking the game itself.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hi, first off thanks for making this! I am experiencing issues trying to get this to work. I am constantly getting an error when loading my save as shown in the picture and the details are below. I thin k because of this error it doesn't pull my talisman collection at all and saving any talismans i make corrupts the save. My game wont even make it past the load screen before crashing to home screen. Any ideas what the issue could be?

Would you mind PMing your save to me? I have never encountered this error before.

vendettared

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've never tried hacking a talisman before nor have I tried any homebrew with my New3DS, I am currently updated with the latest firmware of the New3DS, can I still make use of this Editor? What would I need to do? I am complete newbie on the 3DS hacking scene, if anyone can point me in the right direction where to begin, I would deeply appreciate it.

xKaii

Trophies
XP
Country
I have the EUR version of the game and my save is "broken", can't export it. 0185B -- broken --

Is there another option to export it?

edit: already resolved the issue. Now, i wanna know how to export CSV in English. I already changed the language to english, but when i open the CSV file it's in Japanese.

Last edited by xKaii,

misterdarvus

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

<snip>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.
Which Windows are you using? i use Win 7 and had this problem, but was fixed by running the application as administrator.

jc28735250

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the EUR version of the game and my save is "broken", can't export it. 0185B -- broken --

Is there another option to export it?

edit: already resolved the issue. Now, i wanna know how to export CSV in English. I already changed the language to english, but when i open the CSV file it's in Japanese.

There isn't a way.
The CSV output function was designed specifically for compatibility with gansimu (link) which is a well-known japanese skill simulator, but of course only supports Japanese.

kidasquid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the app! Works great, unless you try and run it in Wine in Unbuntu 16.04, which I know is not a supported operating system. Seems to overwrite existing talismans instead of adding new ones, and some UI strangeness, but not 100% broken. Just an observation. Works crackerjack in Windows 10 though!

I did notice one odd thing, in relation to the Wind Res skill on a Dragon Talisan. I made some talismans with Wind +9 as the second skill, and that blanks out the skill. I didn't test +8 or anything because I pushed the save file over and did the imports at work, but that's what I'm seeing. I mixed and matched a bunch of skills, so I know its not the primary skills doing it. Hearing worked fine, etc.

I'll see if I can test further tonight.

LqD NiTR0G3N

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone explain to me what I would need in order to get this working on my 3DS? I have been trying and I have no idea on where to begin. Thanks again in advance for the help!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...