SubstituteCS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What are you getting at with all this?
Post #1
I was looking into making a more extended save editor (e.g. your online message, which can be found at 0x78.)
However I figured out the file has a checksum at the very end, and since I don't want to sit here brainstorming how it might be calculated I looked into his program's decompiled source code, only to find out that it's obfuscated, which is weird all things considered.

Post #2
Just an observation I had while dumping and loading the saves.
I have however found that 0x6 isn't just 0/1, so it might be a value to determine load priority (highest = save loaded?)

SubstituteCS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well he did said that it was a weird code himself.

While you are at it could you find a way to unlock the damned golden steering wheel? It's one important thing missing here.
His programming paradigm might be weird, but it doesn't justify obfusticating his program.
Basically, the way it comes out decompiled shows that a computer "re-wrote" his program in such a way that it is a pain in the ass to figure out what it does / how it does it.

As for the golden steering wheel, I'll take a crack at it, but it might not be in the save file at all. IIRC it sets the wheel when you use the gyro 80% of the time in the last 100 matches, which means they may just calculate it real time.

EDIT:
The 0x6 flag is 0/"1"
I had savestate 0 and 5 have different flag values (5 and 3) and it still loaded save 5. When save 5's flag was 0 it loaded save 1. So, basically the load order is 9->0 where 0x6 != 0

Last edited by SubstituteCS,

SubstituteCS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Offtopic, since its a sge thread but even tho I started a new save from scratch where i unlocked everything myself only using gyro and after dong 110+ races online I still couldn't get it at all.
Good luck with that
Did use use the circle pad ifp or did you tilt the 3ds?

Phanton

GBAtemp's Nui lover
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I believe it only counts with tilting. It's 80% gyro, not 80% first person.
Does it get saved anyways? Like, I get it, close the game then open it and it should be still there. My idea is to get it and extract the save. So if i lose it I can get it again easy

DaBlackDeath

.::[ lone wolf ]::.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Doesn't matter what you change, the save has a checksum at 0x50D0 (which I'm not sure how they're calculating.) Additionally your program is Obfuscated, why?
p1ybGPA.png
This is a side effect of .Net Packer. I try to keep files small as possible, so I pack them.
So you want to disassemble the Editor to know how I did the CRC Check ? Well, that's not a secret.

First read all bytes from 0x00 to 0x50CF.
Then compute the CRC32 of this Byte Array.
Reverse the found CRC32 and write those 4 bytes to 0x50D0 to 0x50D3.

See, not a mystic. :)

Post #1
I was looking into making a more extended save editor (e.g. your online message, which can be found at 0x78.)
However I figured out the file has a checksum at the very end, and since I don't want to sit here brainstorming how it might be calculated I looked into his program's decompiled source code, only to find out that it's obfuscated, which is weird all things considered.
I am too shy to ask for help, so I figured out how to do this in C# by my own. You could have asked me or read some C# informations like I did. it's like ...

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day, teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime

Last edited by DaBlackDeath,
D

Deleted User

It works! I just edited those three .dat files then overwrote each edited files with svdt (I prefer that app than Save Manager). :D
HNI_0002_MPO.JPG

Last edited by ,

3DSJunkie

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
a question, can i play Online after this mod?? or i will get banned for this from nintendo servers.../my ip....

PixelHamster

Trophies
Website
melijn.com
XP
Country
Belgium
if i press import everithing is working but when i start the game it says you gamedata is corrupted errase everithing ? and than i have to press ok or close the game
wath dit i wrong ?

YamiHoshi.nl

I'm MKGirlism.
Trophies
Website
www.dshack.org
XP
Country
I have some concerns about this thing:
1. Does this work with the Japanese Region MK7 as well?
2. How about MK7 ran on a Dev Unit (because apparently, Retail and Dev Saves aren't interchangeable)?
3. The Download Link brings me to a Page filled with Ads, and no Download. Are you sure you're Linking correctly?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BigOnYa series S is the way to go, its a bargain for a capable system