Website
shrinefox.com
XP
Country
United States
5hCsHrt.png

Download
Mod Details
This is a mod that replaces the BGM of M&L Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions with the original soundtrack from the GBA version.
The newly created .bcstm files were made from uploads at SmashCustomMusic, so most conversion credit goes to them.

It so happens that there are already .AAC format rips of the original soundtrack in the remake's data (used as collectables when you find the secret tapes). If any of the converted tracks aren't up to par for any reason (low volume, bad quality etc.), let me know so those can be used as replacements later on.

Disclaimer
The making of this mod is not an assertion that one version is better than the other. I offer it simply as an option for those who may want a different experience. Please respect those that prefer either the new and old version of the soundtrack.

Installation Directions
If you're using Luma3ds 8.0 (Rosalina)
Hold Select while booting your 3DS and enable game patching in the Luma configuration menu.
On your SD card, merge the luma folder (and its contents) from the ZIP with your luma folder.
If your copy of the game is a different region, change the directory name inside \luma\titles to the titleid of your copy. (e.g. 00040000001B8F00)
Insert your SD card, restart the system, and changes should take place when you launch the game!

If you're using Hans

Extract the Romfs file of the game. There are several ways to do this.
e.g. if you have GodMode9, mount a decrypted CIA of the game, go to the newly mounted partition and copy the romfs folder structure to the \gm9out directory on your SD card.
OR use a homebrew like braindump to dump it as a bin file which you can then extract.

If you're using Citra

Download the 3DS .NET Toolkit EXE from the release page and use it to extract your Decrypted CCI/.3DS ROM of the game. Replace the files in the extracted Romfs directory with the ones from the zip and rebuild the .3DS file. Then you can run it in Citra.

Replace the files in your extracted romfs directory with the romfs folder of the ZIP.
Use SciresM's RomFS Builder to repack the romfs and name it <the last 8 characters of your titleID>.romfs. (e.g. 001B8F00.romfs)
Put that in the \hans directory of your SD card. Launch the game with Hans and make sure loading the romfs file from the SD card is enabled.[/SPOILER]

OkazakiTheOtaku

no thanks, I don't want a custom title
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Great work! Was thinking of doing this at some point too.
It's so funny to me when we get tools or mods for games that aren't even out yet (e.g., Sun and Moon). And yet here we are!
Thanks for this!

Reactions: Shrinefox

Mr.Faq2015

/ˈmɪstə ˈfæk/
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Great idea. I look forward to people choosing the original sountrack, some of the remade tracks aren't just as good as the originals (I hope I'm not the only one that thinks Teehee Valley's remake is pretty sloppy...)

Reactions: Shrinefox

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Good job the best option would be to to use the AAC files completely as they are more likely to have less quality loss since they are 160KBs CBR AAC compared to whatever constraints they used for the GBAs sound files

Visual Studio

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mod Details
This is a mod that replaces the BGM of M&L Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions with the original soundtrack from the GBA version.
The newly created .bcstm files were made from uploads at SmashCustomMusic, so most conversion credit goes to them.

It so happens that there are already .AAC format rips of the original soundtrack in the remake's data (used as collectables when you find the secret tapes). If any of the converted tracks aren't up to par for any reason (low volume, bad quality etc.), let me know so those can be used as replacements later on.

Disclaimer
The making of this mod is not an assertion that one version is better than the other. I offer it simply as an option for those who may want a different experience. Please respect those that prefer either the new and old version of the soundtrack.

Installation Directions
If you're using Luma3ds 8.0 (Rosalina)
Hold Select while booting your 3DS and enable game patching in the Luma configuration menu.
On your SD card, merge the luma folder (and its contents) from the ZIP with your luma folder.
If your copy of the game is a different region, change the directory name inside \luma\titles to the titleid of your copy. (e.g. 00040000001B8F00)
Insert your SD card, restart the system, and changes should take place when you launch the game!

If you're using Hans

Extract the Romfs file of the game. There are several ways to do this.
e.g. if you have GodMode9, mount a decrypted CIA of the game, go to the newly mounted partition and copy the romfs folder structure to the \gm9out directory on your SD card.
OR use a homebrew like braindump to dump it as a bin file which you can then extract.

If you're using Citra

Download the 3DS .NET Toolkit EXE from the release page and use it to extract your Decrypted CCI/.3DS ROM of the game. Replace the files in the extracted Romfs directory with the ones from the zip and rebuild the .3DS file. Then you can run it in Citra.

Replace the files in your extracted romfs directory with the romfs folder of the ZIP.
Use SciresM's RomFS Builder to repack the romfs and name it <the last 8 characters of your titleID>.romfs. (e.g. 001B8F00.romfs)
Put that in the \hans directory of your SD card. Launch the game with Hans and make sure loading the romfs file from the SD card is enabled.[/SPOILER]

EDIT: Didn't read it completely, kinda impulse posted :'(

Last edited by Visual Studio,

TTNH

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Wow, so there are people who like the original tracks.

I wanted to try and patch one music track for this game (Final Boss Battle) with a HD version of it found on youtube.
Could you tell a noob if this method is easy or not?

YoshiKart

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only downside of this mod is that all of the DX songs in the music player are the OST, so unlocking the secret tapes scattered around the worlds just basically gives you a duplicate copy of that song.
One suggestion is to replace all of the OST songs in the music player with the DX songs, essentially doing a full swap, so that at least the DX versions can be played in the music player.
Minor gripe, though. Amazing mod, though! Great work.

Flaflo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
flaflo.xyz
XP
Country
Germany
Perfect, thank you :).
My opinion of the new music: its great overall but there are some that i dont like much like the cave theme

Last edited by Flaflo,

ArceusMI

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
arceusmi.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
Might just be a me issue, but when I load the game, the title music is replaced, menu replaced, but then the Chateau music is the DX version. Anyone else having this problem or have a fix or something?

Immediate Edit: Just left the building to test if the Fields music is DX, and it is in fact GBA, so only the Chateau has this issue thus far.

Last edited by ArceusMI,

t.schultz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey ShrineFox, I made this account just so I can talk to you that's how much I enjoyed this mod. Can you please teach me how you did this so I could go on to edit more game sound files? Also I have to agree the boss music for the Superstar Saga Deluxe part of the game is quiet and needs to be fixed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they...