truedread

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
guess i'm screwed forever then

If you want to, go ahead and buy a broken 3DS off ebay for cheap and dump the OTP off it. It’s the cheapest route to unbanning your 3DS, just make sure that you buy the same model as your current one. XL vs. non-XL doesn’t matter, but if you have a new 3DS you need a new 3DS OTP.

almiti

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is it possible to get a compiled otptool - I dont have a unix/linux env to compile on my own. Unless I missing something

truedread

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: almiti

hito23012

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
my Old 3ds banned from Pokemon Sun Moon 2016 Nov ,i saw be must other unbanned 3DS and same region, My Old 3DS are USA
,But i have other unbanned New 3ds USA can use this method?

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
my Old 3ds banned from Pokemon Sun Moon 2016 Nov ,i saw be must other unbanned 3DS and same region, My Old 3DS are USA
,But i have other unbanned New 3ds USA can use this method?
No, you can't mix models. The eShop performs a title check each time you run it, and if you spoof an O3DS with an N3DS, or vice versa, it will see that you're missing model specific system titles and try to force you to perform a system update. Installing this "update" will brick your 3DS, so this is why using one that is the same model is necessary.

Reactions: hito23012

Fco3004

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Hi, sadly did not work for me, I have 3 consoles:

1 Old 3ds, unbanned.
1 New 3ds XL, unbanned.
1 New 3ds XL, banned: 002-0121 when trying to connect to Friend List or Nintendo Shop.

This is what I did:

1) Successfully dumped OTP from both unbanned consoles through Start + Select + X on boot.

2) Downloaded your Python Script plus pycryptodomex. Renamed the otp.bin file to ENCRYPTED_OTP.bin and placed it on the Script folder. Shift+Right Click on folder, Open Power Shell. Pasted the command and got a DECRYPTED_OTP.bin file.

3) Renamed DECRYPTED_OTP.bin to otp.bin and placed it inside luma folder. Downloaded and placed the recompiled boot.firm on root.

4) Unlinked NNID both through Plailect's GM9 script and formatting.

I still get the same error 002-121 when trying to connect to Friend List, or Nintendo Shop.

Tried with both unbanned otps.

(All three of them are of the same region: U)

truedread

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, sadly did not work for me, I have 3 consoles:

1 Old 3ds, unbanned.
1 New 3ds XL, unbanned.
1 New 3ds XL, banned: 002-0121 when trying to connect to Friend List or Nintendo Shop.

This is what I did:

1) Successfully dumped OTP from both unbanned consoles through Start + Select + X on boot.

2) Downloaded your Python Script plus pycryptodomex. Renamed the otp.bin file to ENCRYPTED_OTP.bin and placed it on the Script folder. Shift+Right Click on folder, Open Power Shell. Pasted the command and got a DECRYPTED_OTP.bin file.

3) Renamed DECRYPTED_OTP.bin to otp.bin and placed it inside luma folder. Downloaded and placed the recompiled boot.firm on root.

4) Unlinked NNID both through Plailect's GM9 script and formatting.

I still get the same error 002-121 when trying to connect to Friend List, or Nintendo Shop.

Tried with both unbanned otps.

(All three of them are of the same region: U)

Try the 002 method of replacing friendcodeseed here.

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah you are right, but this post is being advertised as the best method so far, for any cases. So some other ppl like me might end up here too.
The thread litterally says
Luma3DS mod to "unban" a console with 022-2812.
I dont understand how others can misinterpret that for some other random error. If ya got 022-2812 than you want to look here. if not, you would want to go elsewhere.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.