Homebrew [Release]JK's SaveManager - Homebrew CIA Save manager.

• Thread starter JK_
  • Start date
  • Views 1,838,347
  • Replies 3,680
  • Likes 243

JK_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol. You don't know what we're talking about here yet you tell me to go to the 'releases' tab. The 'release' tab has outdated versions and it has been discussed in the last pages.
Hadn't seen that .cia there. xD I tried to clone the repo and build it myself but I've ran into problems with the required libs.
I always include a prebuilt cia in commits (probably shouldn't, but who cares?). I'm really bad with actual releases though. If I had to explain it, I'm always paranoid there's something I've missed.

fr3quency

Trophies
Website
fr3quency.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Greece
I always include a prebuilt cia in commits (probably shouldn't, but who cares?). I'm really bad with actual releases though. If I had to explain it, I'm always paranoid there's something I've missed.

Haha yeah I've realised that you're weird with JKSM(not in a bad way weird, more like paranoid-perfectionist?).

Btw, since I got you here, can you help me with this error?

Code:
linking JKSM.elf
f:/nintendo3ds/programs/devkitpro/devkitarm/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/6.3.0/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: cannot find -lpng
f:/nintendo3ds/programs/devkitpro/devkitarm/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/6.3.0/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: cannot find -lsftd
f:/nintendo3ds/programs/devkitpro/devkitarm/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/6.3.0/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: cannot find -lfreetype
f:/nintendo3ds/programs/devkitpro/devkitarm/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/6.3.0/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: cannot find -lz
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [/f/Nintendo3DS/Sources/JKSM/JKSM.elf] Error 1
make: *** [build] Error 2

duboisbrian

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
1.what is the purpose of this save manager ?
i currently have luma 3ds and games that i have installed onto the 3ds save fine!

2. is this a manager to make previous save from games that you have played with the original cart to work with backup games that you installed directly to you 3ds?

JK_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haha yeah I've realised that you're weird with JKSM(not in a bad way weird, more like paranoid-perfectionist?).

Btw, since I got you here, can you help me with this error?
https://github.com/devkitPro/3ds_portlibs
It looks like you need zlib, freetype, sftd, and I think you can actually remove the -lpng from the makefile now.

It's simple. Follow their directions to make zlib, and everything after that is pretty much just "make [lib]" and then "make install" after it all. Clone sftd and navigate to the libsftd dir and just type "make install". I think that should do it.

eroz76

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1.what is the purpose of this save manager ?
i currently have luma 3ds and games that i have installed onto the 3ds save fine!

2. is this a manager to make previous save from games that you have played with the original cart to work with backup games that you installed directly to you 3ds?
It's a save manager that makes back ups of your game saves. It also allows you to export/import game saves, cart <-> digital.

fr3quency

Trophies
Website
fr3quency.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Greece
https://github.com/devkitPro/3ds_portlibs
It looks like you need zlib, freetype, sftd, and I think you can actually remove the -lpng from the makefile now.

It's simple. Follow their directions to make zlib, and everything after that is pretty much just "make [lib]" and then "make install" after it all. Clone sftd and navigate to the libsftd dir and just type "make install". I think that should do it.

rCmxExO.png

This is what I get and I don't know how to "--no-check-certificate".

Last edited by fr3quency,

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I like the fact you include the prebuilt CIA. It might confuse some people, but it lets us stay up to date. As you've said, you're not the greatest with the actual releases. I'm sure if there's something wrong, people will let you know. Also I'm sure people have backups of older versions.

duboisbrian

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
is there a tutroial somewhere on how to use this program (specifically how to get my games saves for all the original games, to work with cfw games that are installed on the 3ds software)

Dkrogers

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I recently deleted my fire emblem game that I downloaded from the freeshop due to it's title key or whatever not being compatible with a mod and downloaded the special edition version and it's dlc from THAT ISO SITE. I've made a save file but it still gives an error on exporting or importing save files.

Would appreciate a quick response since i was already so far ahead in the game that starting anew would just make me uninstall it

Last edited by Dkrogers,

Beakershell

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Hi, I recently deleted my fire emblem game that I downloaded from the freeshop due to it's title key or whatever not being compatible with a mod and downloaded the special edition version and it's dlc from THAT ISO SITE. I've made a save file but it still gives an error on exporting or importing save files.

Would appreciate a quick response since i was already so far ahead in the game that starting anew would just make me uninstall it

Do fire emblem have their savefiles located at ExtData?

Packmahn666

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey how long does the mhgsv take to extract? Should I see a done after the file has been moved to /mhgs? I've been running it for 6 hours and the line saying "save file has been moved to /mhgs" ) something like that) is solid but there isn't a ...done! Yet.

GAM3RTAG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I NEED HELP! every time I save a file it saves as a .dat file and not a .sav (I already set FireZilla's file type to binary) the game I'm trying to save is Pokémon Yellow so that I can use Pikasav.

Omegablu

We shall not yield to the Kingdom of Nohr!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I NEED HELP! every time I save a file it saves as a .dat file and not a .sav (I already set FireZilla's file type to binary) the game I'm trying to save is Pokémon Yellow so that I can use Pikasav.
Pikasav should be able to load a .dat. When you save the file in Pikasav, just rename the file from .sav to .dat. I know this worked for my Yellow save with PKHex, so it should work with Pikasav. And if Pikasav won't accept the .dat, rename it to be a .sav first.

GAM3RTAG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My file corrupted once cause of it.
Pikasav should be able to load a .dat. When you save the file in Pikasav, just rename the file from .sav to .dat. I know this worked for my Yellow save with PKHex, so it should work with Pikasav. And if Pikasav won't accept the .dat, rename it to be a .sav first.
Corrupted ;-;

lonewolf08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was able to do it after my file was corrupted, so now I have to start the game again (I deleted the file cause I gave up for 5 min) I wasn't far tho!
Thanks 4 ur help! :D
Did you try using pkhex and changing the type of file it's looking for? By that I mean when you press open it automatically goes to look for a .Sav but iirc you can change that to all by clicking it. When I get home I'll try to do it but for sure I edited yellow before without having to mess with the actual .dat

Edit: the only editors I've used for pokemon yellow were pkhex and one with rhino in its name.

Last edited by lonewolf08,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    D @ dadadad: блядь