Homebrew [Release]JK's SaveManager - Homebrew CIA Save manager.

• Thread starter JK_
  • Start date
  • Views 1,833,381
  • Replies 3,679
  • Likes 243

fr3quency

Trophies
Website
fr3quency.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Greece
I NEED HELP! every time I save a file it saves as a .dat file and not a .sav (I already set FireZilla's file type to binary) the game I'm trying to save is Pokémon Yellow so that I can use Pikasav.

PKHeX can read .dat. Go here: https://github.com/kwsch/PKHeX/commits/master and click on the GREEN TICK icon(look at the top commit), and choose the build of Windows or Linux. Now on the new site, click on the "Artifacts" tab and downloas the .zip. Profit.

Last edited by fr3quency,

BravexFront

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is a save manager you can install as a CIA. This means no more booting into the homebrew menu and rebooting to import and export saves.

Testing has shown that it doesn't appear to have any problems with any titles. Thanks to @Gocario, it will automatically delete any secure values.
It can also export and import ExtData IF the title uses it.

I've made it as simple as I can, while keeping the slot feature from my old save manager.
When you select backup or restore, you will have to select or create a new slot. If you don't like the input screen, you can create the directories yourself inside the game's export folder.

Save Data is exported to SD:/JKSV/Saves/[Title]/[Slot Dir]
ExtData is exported to SD:/JKSV/ExtData/[Title]/[Slot Dir]
System Save data is exported to SD:/JKSV/SysSave/
Boss ExtData is exported to SD:/JKSV/Boss/
Shared ExtData is exported to sd/JKSV/Shared/[ID]/[DIR]

Tell me if you have any issues. I've tried my best to get everything 100%, but I'm not perfect.
Please set FileZilla's transfer type to binary before reporting corrupted data. Auto and ASCII can sometimes cause issues. See the spoiler for details.
-FAQ-

-Why two QR codes?-
One has a font that supports Japanese, the other does not. This makes a 1.5MB difference in
size, so I figured I'd offer it for people who don't need the JPN support.

-I get a message saying "Error opening save archive!"-
This means one of two things usually. The first is that the game has not been
started and/or given a chance to format its save data. The second is that this title
saves to Extra Save Data or ExtData, like Fantasy Life or Monster Hunter Generations.

-What happened to L or R for auto dating?-
Type in the number 2 to have both formats pop up in the dictionary box.

-I can't open the Extra Data for [Title], but I know it's there.-
Some games with multiple versions, Pokemon and Fire Emblem Fates for example, save to
an extra data archive that they all share. This means I need to add a redirect for these
games before you can access it. I do not enumerate the Extra Data, I use the ID from the
title to access it or test if it's there.

-I open the 3DSX and it says "Nintendo 3DS Camera" or is blank and doesn't work-
You need the JKSM.xml file in the same directory as the 3dsx. This tells the HBL that JKSM
needs a target title.

-The 3DSX gets stuck on certain titles-
You need a newer boot and mmap files for 9.6+ files. You can find them here: https://github.com/ihaveamac/9.6-dbgen-xmls

-What is MHGSV?-
MHGSV is a save data tool specifically for Monster Hunter Generations. It is intended for people using homebrew
only on official firmwares, as it detects you system's region and uses that to determine which
archive to open. Using it on a US system with a JPN game for example will not work as it will
try to open archive 0x1870 instead of 0x1554. It does not need an xml file or target, making it easier
to work with if you only want quick save edits.

QR Codes/DL Links:
The 3DSX and MHGSV are attached to this post. I will work on getting source cleaned up and updated the next couple days when I have time. If you have any issues, be sure to tell me. It may not look too different, but I did have to change the way it worked in some places to get the home button working again.

The latest version is from 7/21/2016. It includes:
3DS Software keyboard
Home button works for most of the program. Exceptions are when user input is needed
Play coins can be set to any number between 0 to 300.
Auto centered text for menus.(This is easily changed back if no one likes it.)
Finally has color changing built in. Sliders maybe later. Any paint program can give you RGB values
Tries to imitate the way SDF handles errors(I don't like this too much and might switch back.)
Probably other stuff too.

The banner and icon were made by @Sgt. Lulz.

A big thanks to @Shadowfied, @Phanton, @Sgt. Lulz, and @A_Random_Guy for risking their saves and testing.

Source is available here: https://github.com/J-D-K/JKSM. I'm far from a pro though, so I know some could probably be done better.

So, I'm really new to this whole homebrew and save data backing up/editing. i have a homebrew installed as we speak, but i have no idea how to do anything else. Ive used MHGSV for saving my data and backing up, but i dont know how to edit from this point onwards. Any help would be greatly appreciated

marc_max

Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
I'm a bit confused.
Which is the most stable and recommended version?
The most recent in the first post is from July. Despite GitHub code repository being updated constantly, the release tab there hosts an even older version.

I want to update my ACNL editor tutorial and get rid of outdated tools at last. I'd like to know which is the safest JKSM version and offer it as the definitive solution.

eroz76

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm a bit confused.
The most recent in the first post is from July. Despite GitHub code repository being updated constantly, the release tab there hosts an even older version.

I want to update my ACNL editor tutorial and get rid of outdated tools at last. I'd like to know which is the safest JKSM version and offer it as the definitive solution.
The one in bold....

Reactions: marc_max

Princess Emily

Smiles innocently...
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
How do I extract my Pokemon Yellow save?
I tried using the latest SVDT but it always crash at red screens.
I'm still at 11.2 BTW, & having homebrew.

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm a bit confused.

I found the latest build on github main page to be the most up to date and reliable version. The older versions have issues. Also I think the newest version is slightly easier to use. (Only a tiny bit.)

fr3quency

Trophies
Website
fr3quency.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Greece
How do I extract my Pokemon Yellow save?
I tried using the latest SVDT but it always crash at red screens.
I'm still at 11.2 BTW, & having homebrew.
What do you mean? You're in JKSM thread. xD use JKSM.cia or .3ds instead of svdt. You will see the list of your games, navigate to Pokemon Yellow and you'll extract a sav.dat file which can be edited using PKHeX(latest version ofc)

Mudada7

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I was suffering from several crashes, and more recently "bootrom 8046" ( unlike what i've seen, in my case I just have to reboot my 3ds for it to work normally again ) so to make it stop I tried deleting some files in my SD card, and by the same time I accidentaly deleted JKSM and now, lumaupdater, FBI, hblancher loader and almost all my games (bought and downloaded ) are black squares and their saves' whereabouts are unknown

eroz76

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was suffering from several crashes, and more recently "bootrom 8046" ( unlike what i've seen, in my case I just have to reboot my 3ds for it to work normally again ) so to make it stop I tried deleting some files in my SD card, and by the same time I accidentaly deleted JKSM and now, lumaupdater, FBI, hblancher loader and almost all my games (bought and downloaded ) are black squares and their saves' whereabouts are unknown
Doesn't sound like a jksm issue. Without knowing what files you deleted, it's difficult to help. Your best bet is to create a separate thread about your problem.

Reactions: lonewolf08

Mudada7

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Doesn't sound like a jksm issue. Without knowing what files you deleted, it's difficult to help. Your best bet is to create a separate thread about your problem.
Are you sure my data issues aren't jksm related ?
I only deleted some empty files like screenshots, themes or DEBUG

Last edited by Mudada7,

j0zu3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Testing has shown that it doesn't appear to have any problems with any titles. Thanks to @Gocario, it will automatically delete any secure values.
Simple curiosity, if i want to make a cartridge backup to avoid losing my progress for any reason, does jksm edit something in the cartridge in the process?

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you sure my data issues aren't jksm related ?
I only deleted some empty files like screenshots, themes or DEBUG
You probably messed up your SysNAND or EmuNAND. I would suggest you restore a backup or reinstall the deleted titles.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Simple curiosity, if i want to make a cartridge backup to avoid losing my progress for any reason, does jksm edit something in the cartridge in the process?
No. Unless you restore by accident or on purpose.

RedRose30

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any way to back u[p the 2 Kirby games using this tool? I tried several times and both of them yellow screened.

Do I need to use a different tool?

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just did, but i still can't get my saves back (sorry if I'm annoying)
I remembered, your save is in the Nintendo 3DS folder. It could be a mismatch between your system and whatever folder your game save is stored in. I guess backup your SD card and delete the smaller folder with the long string of letters and numbers and try again. If you have more than 2 folders with long string of numbers and letters inside Nintendo 3DS folder, delete all except one see which one works. If one doesn't work, replace it another from your backup. Other than that I'm out of ideas.

HolyBash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so this doesn't require a homebrew is this up to date or does it still work on a n3dsxl? and if anyone has spare time to help me set this up?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: got a mig switch here, freshly smuggled in from China