Homebrew [Release]JK's SaveManager - Homebrew CIA Save manager.

• Thread starter JK_
  • Start date
  • Views 1,835,119
  • Replies 3,680
  • Likes 243

JeepX87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have 11.2.0.35U with ninjhax (11.1 payload) so JK Save Manager does load fine with most games, but I have issue.

I cannot load Kirby Triple Deluxe and Kirby Planet Robobot so they stuck on yellow screen, even I updated the JKSM to latest version, and added mmap folder and new boot, so it won't load at all.

Same issue with 11.0.0.33 and 11.1.0.34 too.

Is there way to load Kirby into JKSM without stuck on yellow screen?

Laura Jean

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I just updated ACNL and I'm trying to get my save data, but all it's saying is "Error opening save archive". The game won't even open, just freezes on 3ds loading screen. On both cartridge and CIA. I know the latter isn't a JKSM problem, but not understanding the save archive problem. Any help? It was working perfectly fine until I updated the game earlier today.

Remonsen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure if this has been asked before, but I've failed to find answers anywhere else. Would it be possible to use this or anything else to transfer normally nontransferable saves between SD cards?

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I'm not sure if this has been asked before, but I've failed to find answers anywhere else. Would it be possible to use this or anything else to transfer normally nontransferable saves between SD cards?
I'm not sure what you mean by 'normally nontransferable', and do you mean with a single 3DS?

If I'm understanding you right, I imagine the answer is: yes, but not directly. What you could do is export the save from one SD card, and then transfer the exported save to the other SD card, and then use import that save to that card.

Remonsen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure what you mean by 'normally nontransferable', and do you mean with a single 3DS?

If I'm understanding you right, I imagine the answer is: yes, but not directly. What you could do is export the save from one SD card, and then transfer the exported save to the other SD card, and then use import that save to that card.

Sorry for the vagueness. Let me just paint out my situation. I want to transfer over my super smash bros save from my old unhacked SD card. I can't use a different SD card right now because I have a9lh installed. Even if I didn't though, Nintendo doesn't allow you to back up saves from that game due to the online content.

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Sorry for the vagueness. Let me just paint out my situation. I want to transfer over my super smash bros save from my old unhacked SD card. I can't use a different SD card right now because I have a9lh installed. Even if I didn't though, Nintendo doesn't allow you to back up saves from that game due to the online content.
I believe you can just move/copy the arm9loaderhax.bin (and CFW folder & files) to your old SD card, or you could copy the Nintendo 3DS folder (containing all your saves) to your new SD card. You've been using the same 3DS for both cards, right? If copying the Nintendo 3DS folder doesn't work (which is possible if you've formatted your system or whatever else), then JKSV will work fine for what you want to do.

Also, what do you mean by "Nintendo doesn't allow you to back up saves from that game"?

Remonsen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe you can just move/copy the arm9loaderhax.bin (and CFW folder & files) to your old SD card, or you could copy the Nintendo 3DS folder (containing all your saves) to your new SD card. You've been using the same 3DS for both cards, right? If copying the Nintendo 3DS folder doesn't work (which is possible if you've formatted your system or whatever else), then JKSV will work fine for what you want to do.

Also, what do you mean by "Nintendo doesn't allow you to back up saves from that game"?

Thanks for the tip, I'll try it out! As for the last bit, If I'm remembering right, you either don't get the option to copy the save, or you get a message telling you that you can't if you try. It's been a while since I've tried.

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Thanks for the tip, I'll try it out! As for the last bit, If I'm remembering right, you either don't get the option to copy the save, or you get a message telling you that you can't if you try. It's been a while since I've tried.
Do you mean with the 3DS' 'Save Data Backup'? That wouldn't help for moving your data between SD cards anyway. Copying the save data from SD card to SD card should work fine if it's the same 3DS. In your Nintendo3DS folder on your SD card, you should have a folder with a long name consisting of letters and numbers, if on both SD cards the folder's name is the same, then copying should work fine. If they're different, you'll have to use JKSV (or another save manager).

Last edited by Xiphiidae,

Remonsen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you mean with the 3DS' 'Save Data Backup'? That wouldn't help for moving your data between SD cards anyway. Copying the save data from SD card to SD card should work fine if it's the same 3DS. In your Nintendo3DS folder on your SD card, you should have a folder with a long name consisting of letters and numbers, if on both SD cards the folder's name is the same, then copying should work fine. If they're different, you'll have to use JKSV (or another save manager).

Huh, well that simplifies things. Both cards have multiple folders with a long string of characters. Either way, they're both identical and have been for the same system.

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Really? weird. You think there's much of a need for one? Could be a nice weekend project.
It would be cool. I remember it existed back in PSP days.

I could host a database for saves.

Sent from my cave of despair where I collect souls

Reactions: osaka35

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
So then how do I get rid of the red screen? And what's the latest homebrew launcher version?
Simply read and follow instructions and you'll be fine. There's a boot.3dsx file (the latest homebrew launcher version) for you to download at that link, and you need to have a folder called mmap on the root of your SD card filled with many .xml files, which are all for you to download at that link.

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I downloaded it all and it's all in place but the red screen still happens.
The issue may be that you need to update whatever entrypoint you're using. What's your system version, and what entrypoint do you use?

Also, show me a screenshot of the root of your SD card, just to be sure.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BunnyPinkie @ BunnyPinkie: Lol not me trying to get people to make an uncensor patch for imagine makeup artist