Homebrew [Release]JK's SaveManager - Homebrew CIA Save manager.

• Thread starter JK_
  • Start date
  • Views 1,843,401
  • Replies 3,680
  • Likes 243

Elaugaufein

Trophies
XP
Country
Have been trying the 3dsx build on OFW 11.0 (using mmap) and still having some issues with a few games are there any known work arounds ?

The two games that I've hit issues with so far are Dream Radar (red screen) and Popolocrois: Story of Seasons (yellow screen) (the European versions for both , installed from eshop)

Pokemon Omega Ruby appears to work okay but gives a read error on filelist.txt when dumping extdata but seems to complete okay when told to ignore it (is that normal?)

I'm trying to dump all my saves so I can do Field Runner and then a9lh.

Thanks

Skeet1983

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last night I installed A9LH. Before A9LH, I have been using SaveDataFiler. I have been hearing in other threads about a JK Save Utility? What is it exactly and how do I use and install it? Does it work better with a A9LH setup? Thoughts and help appreciated :)

Also, can it transfer saves from physical games/carts to Gateway format for use with 3DS Gateway?

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
Last night I installed A9LH. Before A9LH, I have been using SaveDataFiler. I have been hearing in other threads about a JK Save Utility? What is it exactly and how do I use and install it? Does it work better with a A9LH setup? Thoughts and help appreciated :)

Also, can it transfer saves from physical games/carts to Gateway format for use with 3DS Gateway?
You install it like any other homebrew, or, open up FBI and use "Scan QR code" and scan the QR in OP.

It's the best save manager around. Awesome compatibility, quick and easy to use. It also lets you keep multiple saves, so you can have multiple Pokémon saves, for example, and easily switch between them.

It doesn't officially support Gateway, but apparently there is a trick to make it work. Future wise I'd recommend you just install freeShop and skip the Gateway for games (and everything else, except for maybe the cheat menu :P)

Skeet1983

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You install it like any other homebrew, or, open up FBI and use "Scan QR code" and scan the QR in OP.

It's the best save manager around. Awesome compatibility, quick and easy to use. It also lets you keep multiple saves, so you can have multiple Pokémon saves, for example, and easily switch between them.

It doesn't officially support Gateway, but apparently there is a trick to make it work. Future wise I'd recommend you just install freeShop and skip the Gateway for games (and everything else, except for maybe the cheat menu :P)

Thanks for info!! :)

What is the trick to make it work with Gateway?

Reactions: Shadowfied

Jewel724

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having my own error, dunno if it's been addressed before or not.
Attempting to backup my save for Fates Birthright, the game HAS been run and there are no DLCs currently present, all I get is a red screen and nothing else happens.I have the xml for the game under a folder called mmap and it's the only xml within that folder. Am I doing something wrong?

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having my own error, dunno if it's been addressed before or not.
Attempting to backup my save for Fates Birthright, the game HAS been run and there are no DLCs currently present, all I get is a red screen and nothing else happens.I have the xml for the game under a folder called mmap and it's the only xml within that folder. Am I doing something wrong?
update your homebrew launcher if it's not 1.1.1. https://smealum.github.io/ninjhax2/boot.3dsx

try getting all the XMLs if you're not sure. there's a program to download all of them on the system: https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-custom-mmap-xml-downloader.438878/

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if this has been resolved elsewhere, but I don't feel like digging through 91 pages. I'm trying to restore my OR save that I made with this but the game just keeps telling me that the save is corrupt. What do?

Elaugaufein

Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry if this has been resolved elsewhere, but I don't feel like digging through 91 pages. I'm trying to restore my OR save that I made with this but the game just keeps telling me that the save is corrupt. What do?

I've got the same issue. PKHex doesn't recognize the dump either (I tested it with a different dump method AS save and it loads that fine). So it seems like the dump isn't working right ?

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got the same issue. PKHex doesn't recognize the dump either (I tested it with a different dump method AS save and it loads that fine). So it seems like the dump isn't working right ?
could try deleting secure value. or restore an older save to see if the one you want is actually "corrupted".

astrogrrl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i have just started using this and so far it is AWESOME, thank you so much for it!!!!. Is there a guide to what all the options do and what is possible with it?

JK_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't really know anymore. I don't think 3DSX does that, but CIA does. in any case it's still worth a shot since it's a separate menu entry.
It still does. The menu entry is mostly there so you can use it without exporting and reimporting to trigger it.

Pokemon is usually one of my go to games to test with. I can't get the same problem no matter how hard I try. Are your main files in a folder inside the title folder?

Reactions: ihaveahax

Xenosaiga

Time to switch it up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've not touched it since I made the backup, so I guess so. I'm trying to restore this after flashing EmuNAND to SysNAND, but I dunno if that would affect this or not.
Did you start a new game or are you trying to install this on a game that has not been launched yet on the nand you are trying to use.

So, make sure you have at least started a new game before trying to replace the data.

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
Did you start a new game or are you trying to install this on a game that has not been launched yet on the nand you are trying to use.

So, make sure you have at least started a new game before trying to replace the data.
Alright I'll give that a shot in a few. I'm reinstalling the game.

Edit: Nope, didn't work. That really sucks. At least my MHG save survived.

Last edited by Joom,
Reactions: Xenosaiga

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 90K it's fine lol