Homebrew [Release]JK's SaveManager - Homebrew CIA Save manager.

• Thread starter JK_
  • Start date
  • Views 1,842,974
  • Replies 3,680
  • Likes 243

JK_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright I'll give that a shot in a few. I'm reinstalling the game.

Edit: Nope, didn't work. That really sucks. At least my MHG save survived.
Sorry dude. Is it possible for you to upload your main file somewhere so I can checkout exactly what happened?

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
92 pgs is overload, so noob question and apologies.

Can this pull the save from a retail cart, and apply it to a cia installed (or freeshop dl'd) version of the same game? I'd like to 'migrate' my daily Animal Crossing habit onto my 3DS (i.e. not use the cart anymore), but keep my town.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
92 pgs is overload, so noob question and apologies.

Can this pull the save from a retail cart, and apply it to a cia installed (or freeshop dl'd) version of the same game? I'd like to 'migrate' my daily Animal Crossing habit onto my 3DS (i.e. not use the cart anymore), but keep my town.
Yep, this can do that.

Reactions: Hanafuda

JK_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, here you go.
There aren't any errors written over it. It *seems* to me that your data is intact. There's a chance it is recoverable. For some reason there's a very small size difference from my save to yours.

Edit : Got PKHeX reading it. I'm going through Project pokemon's save structure write up now to see if I can fix it for you.

Edit 2: Try the one I attached to this post.

Last edited by JK_,
Reactions: Joom

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
There aren't any errors written over it. It *seems* to me that your data is intact. There's a chance it is recoverable. For some reason there's a very small size difference from my save to yours.

Edit : Got PKHeX reading it. I'm going through Project pokemon's save structure write up now to see if I can fix it for you.

Edit 2: Try the one I attached to this post.
I'll try it right now. Also, could this have anything to do with StreetPass? Even after deleting the game (with FBI) before moving entirely to SysNAND, I still get the green badge on the game.

JK_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll try it right now. Also, could this have anything to do with StreetPass? Even after deleting the game (with FBI) before moving entirely to SysNAND, I still get the green badge on the game.
The only thing I can tell you for sure is that 13 bytes got lost somewhere before your box data. The buffer I use is 64KB, so I don't get how it would've just skipped 13. You didn't transfer it over FTP at all, did you? I've had this happen before that way.

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
The only thing I can tell you for sure is that 13 bytes got lost somewhere before your box data. The buffer I use is 64KB, so I don't get how it would've just skipped 13. You didn't transfer it over FTP at all, did you? I've had this happen before that way.
Nope, I transferred the entirety of my SD using an mSD adapter before formatting it with E9. This is the only save giving me issues as well. My MHG, Bravely Default, and SSB saves all got imported with no issue.

Elaugaufein

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm not at my PC right at this instant but I'll upload my AS save when I am. Wasn't transferred over FTP and was dumped using the CIA of the latest version.

(I've got an AS save from another system dumped using the 3dsx version that I'll check if it's corrupted too, I don't want to upload that since it's a game I use competitively and having potential clones online would be problematic. I just dump it to have a backup to restore. )

JK_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope, I transferred the entirety of my SD using an mSD adapter before formatting it with E9. This is the only save giving me issues as well. My MHG, Bravely Default, and SSB saves all got imported with no issue.
Ok. Just tell me when you've got it and if it works or anything is off. I imported it myself, but I wouldn't know what to check. I just made sure it didn't crash.

I'm not at my PC right at this instant but I'll upload my AS save when I am. Wasn't transferred over FTP and was dumped using the CIA of the latest version.

(I've got an AS save from another system dumped using the 3dsx version that I'll check if it's corrupted too, I don't want to upload that since it's a game I use competitively and having potential clones online would be problematic. I just dump it to have a backup to restore. )
You're more than welcome to PM me to get it straightened out if you're worried about clones.

Last edited by JK_,

Elaugaufein

Trophies
XP
Country
The AS game dumped with the 3dsx was fine interestingly enough. Despite being on a different system.

JK_ : I'm actually pretty sure that now that I think about it , that the current save I dumped is actually a copy of my competitive game since I used it to extract a wonder card for Project Pokemon. Do you mind if I upload a password protected zip and PM you the password ?

ETA - You responded to my current post while I was posting this. Thanks, I'll send the file through in a second. Will be interesting to see if its the same problem (especially since it doesn't seem to happen with the 3dsx version. Curious.

Last edited by Elaugaufein,

JK_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ETA - You responded to my current post while I was posting this. Thanks, I'll send the file through in a second. Will be interesting to see if its the same problem (especially since it doesn't seem to happen with the 3dsx version. Curious.
Both versions use the exact same functions to backup and restore. The 3DSX just goes to a different menu and opens the save data differently. I was going to make a lite version for a 3DSX, but I decided it'd be easier this way since I wouldn't have two separate versions to update.

Last edited by JK_,

Elaugaufein

Trophies
XP
Country
Both versions use the exact same functions to backup and restore. The 3DSX just goes to a different menu and opens the save data differently. I was going to make a lite version for a 3DSX, but I decided it'd be easier this way since I wouldn't have to separate versions to update.

That's incredibly curious. It's interesting that it's only AS / OR that seem to have problems too, my Pokemon X save was fine from both dumping methods.

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
Ok. Just tell me when you've got it and if it works or anything is off. I imported it myself, but I wouldn't know what to check. I just made sure it didn't crash.
It still instantly boots to the "The saved game data is corrupted." error screen. I wonder if I try importing it without the update data installed. I kinda doubt this will have any difference though.

JK_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It still instantly boots to the "The saved game data is corrupted." error screen. I wonder if I try importing it without the update data installed. I kinda doubt this will have any difference though.
Probably not. I'm not sure what could be going wrong. The only other suggestion I have is to try the CIA from here instead, because it's closer to what I currently have. https://github.com/J-D-K/JKSM/tree/cleanup. It's working for me:
pogeyman.png

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
Probably not. I'm not sure what could be going wrong. The only other suggestion I have is to try the CIA from here instead, because it's closer to what I currently have. https://github.com/J-D-K/JKSM/tree/cleanup. It's working for me:
View attachment 60410
It imports fine for you? If that's the case, then I'm really scratching my head here trying to find out what the problem is, even after using the newer build you linked. I started a new game, saved in the truck, backed up that save, wiped the game, then reimported the new save and it worked just fine. So, there has to be something going on with something on my SD that's preventing the save from loading properly. Like I said, the game still has some remnant StreetPass data from before the move so I'm wondering if that could be causing it. It's even there after starting a new game.

JK_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It imports fine for you? If that's the case, then I'm really scratching my head here trying to find out what the problem is, even after using the newer build you linked. I started a new game, saved in the truck, backed up that save, wiped the game, then reimported the new save and it worked just fine. So, there has to be something going on with something on my SD that's preventing the save from loading properly. Like I said, the game still has some remnant StreetPass data from before the move so I'm wondering if that could be causing it. It's even there after starting a new game.
Try making a different folder and putting the main in that one, maybe? It imports for me and loads up inside your secret base.

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
Try making a different folder and putting the main in that one, maybe? It imports for me and loads up inside your secret base.
Like, "Folder" -> "Ruby" -> "main", or "Folder" -> "main"? Sorry for all the trouble. Also, when loading the game from the build you linked to automatically creates a folder for it, so I dunno if that conflicts with it or not.

Last edited by Joom,

JK_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Make a folder inside the Pokemon Omega Ruby folder and put the main in it. Doesn't matter what you name it.
Pokemon Omega Ruby/[Folder]/main

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Wow, only $700?