Homebrew [Release]JK's SaveManager - Homebrew CIA Save manager.

• Thread starter JK_
  • Start date
  • Views 1,843,006
  • Replies 3,680
  • Likes 243

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
@JK_

Havent built this for quite a while, so I just tried and got this:
lkV7hbJ.png

This made me think that I needed to update libsf2d? I did, and I still got the same error.

Any chance you need to update the lib from your side? Or am I just completely off lol

JK_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's because ctrulib dropped old depreciated GPU functions, IIRC. I switched over to fincs sf2d fork that uses citro3d, but you have to change TEX_MIN_SIZE to 64 in sf2d_texture.c for it to boot. The cleanup branch should build and work if you do that. Anytime I try to use a texture <=32x32 with the newer sf2d libs, it just gets stuck unless I change that.

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
It's because ctrulib dropped old depreciated GPU functions, IIRC. I switched over to fincs sf2d fork that uses citro3d, but you have to change TEX_MIN_SIZE to 64 in sf2d_texture.c for it to boot. The cleanup branch should build and work if you do that. Anytime I try to use a texture <=32x32 with the newer sf2d libs, it just gets stuck unless I change that.
Thanks. After doing that, I'm getting this now:
iTPj0oS.png

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
The main branch isn't going to build with the latest ctrulib. You need to download this instead for now. https://github.com/J-D-K/JKSM/tree/cleanup.
Whoops, sorry I missed your note about trying the cleanup branch.

Is the difference between the branches only for requirements sake? Nothing "feature wise" actually behind?

Thanks again

JK_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's nothing missing. It's just newer and I'm just getting around to going through the things I've wanted to do for the last couple of months, but was too busy to get done. I always make sure that nothing is broken before I update the source.

Reactions: Madridi

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
There's nothing missing. It's just newer and I'm just getting around to going through the things I've wanted to do for the last couple of months, but was too busy to get done. I always make sure that nothing is broken before I update the source.
Perfect. Thanks for the help. It compiled fine :)

I also was curious about TEX_MIN_SIZE change to 64.. By not "Boot", do you mean when installed on the 3ds? or something in the compiling process? Because for curiosity sake, I tried compiling it without changing the 32 to 64 and it compiled just fine :)

JK_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Perfect. Thanks for the help. It compiled fine :)

I also was curious about TEX_MIN_SIZE change to 64.. By not "Boot", do you mean when installed on the 3ds? or something in the compiling process? Because for curiosity sake, I tried compiling it without changing the 32 to 64 and it compiled just fine :)
It compiles, but if you try to start it, it gets stuck and locks the 3DS up completely. I narrowed it down to when I load the textures. After failing to find anything different from how xerpi does it in his sample, I looked through the code for creating textures from memory. I noticed my two textures that are < 32x32 would cause the hang, but the textbox texture, which is 48x48, didn't. I bumped the min_size up to 64 and it booted no problem. The issue was brought up before on my git, but I didn't have a lot of time to investigate it until today.

Reactions: hiten and Madridi

Sasuke_SC7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone. SO I am a real noob when it comes to 3ds hacking. I dont really know about .cia or emunnand kind of stuff. Sorry for sounding like an idiot. WHat I wanna do is basically back up my save file for my digital version for fire emblem fates(and the extra data files that come with the 2 extra paths you can purchase) and then edit it using a save editor on my PC and then import it back into the game so easy max stats and such. If anyone can explain all this or has a link to everything that'd be perfect. Thanks

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
So, after formating do I have to re-install MenuHax again? I just want to be 100% sure, first time i'll downgrade.
Yes.

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Gon Freecss

ngtunganh

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
I tried to export devil survivor 2 RB but it freeze at start of progress bar :(
Turn off 3ds and got result not working 1kb save dat

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum