Homebrew [Release] Homebrew Launcher with grid layout

GoYoshi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Maybe you could add an option in the theme settings for a background behind the arrows? So it could work like a panel but you just can't move it.

noborderphsj1.png
->
border93s2p.png

Would be great for themes where you can't really see the arrows and it looks quite good as well :) But of course it's up to you and you can take the time you need. Thanks for the great additions in the latest betas, I'm really enjoying it!

Reactions: Deleted-236924
D

Deleted-236924

I mean, enter into something like save manager or chmm, quit to the launcher and press the hans combo to exit titles, it will reload the launcher.
I pretty much confirm that is a o3DS RAM issue, and I think I know why
You can use L+R+B+Down to reload the launcher regardless of having entered titles and quit them :P it's an universal key combo for *2.5 that reboots to boot.3dsx regardless of where you are.
Try it; start up your HBL as normal, and just do L+R+B+Down right away.

Last edited by ,

AtlasFontaine

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Maybe you could add an option in the theme settings for a background behind the arrows? So it could work like a panel but you just can't move it.

noborderphsj1.png
->
border93s2p.png

Would be great for themes where you can't really see the arrows and it looks quite good as well :) But of course it's up to you and you can take the time you need. Thanks for the great additions in the latest betas, I'm really enjoying it!

Bruh what theme are you using? it looks damn good

mashers

Stubborn ape
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
@RedHat
Thanks for helping to investigate the crashing problem buddy. I'm too tired to really take in the last few pages, but is it looking like it's a problem with apps which don't correctly exit CSND before quitting? Also thanks for the improvements you made to logText(). I couldn't figure out how to get it to append to the file, but you've done it :) I'll merge that change into my fork and credit you :)

Reactions: fmkid

fmkid

Just another GBATemp's random guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia

noborderphsj1.png
->
border93s2p.png

ATM, you can use/create 2 different wallpaper bottom files: "wallpaperbottom.png" and "wallpaperbottomnongrid.png". In the first one, you can add graphically the background behind arrows you need.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@RedHat
Thanks for helping to investigate the crashing problem buddy. I'm too tired to really take in the last few pages, but is it looking like it's a problem with apps which don't correctly exit CSND before quitting? Also thanks for the improvements you made to logText(). I couldn't figure out how to get it to append to the file, but you've done it :) I'll merge that change into my fork and credit you :)
And that annoying problem with exiting to HBL from some apps occurs apparently only on O3DS consoles (I have one of them too).

mashers

Stubborn ape
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
ATM, you can use/create 2 different wallpaper bottom files: "wallpaperbottom.png" and "wallpaperbottomnongrid.png". In the first one, you can add graphically the background behind arrows you need.
There are also separate images for the button icons and backgrounds already. So creating a panel for the buttons is not necessary, and neither is integrating them into the wallpaper. You can just make a translucent button background image to go behind the icon image.

Reactions: klear and fmkid

Truner

Trophies
Website
truner.beluva.hu
XP
Country
Hungary
Okay, this thread actually might be the better place to ask:
Do I need any specific settings for the splash screen? I wanted to use a regular 3DS logo black bg for the menuhax boot and the default menuhax bg (extended with bottom screen image) as the grid launcher screen, but even though I have the 2 24-bit PNG files (splashtop.png and splashbottom.png) in the folder of my theme, it'll still just show the replaced 3DS logo.

JJTapia19

I fight for my friends.
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Okay, this thread actually might be the better place to ask:
Do I need any specific settings for the splash screen? I wanted to use a regular 3DS logo black bg for the menuhax boot and the default menuhax bg (extended with bottom screen image) as the grid launcher screen, but even though I have the 2 24-bit PNG files (splashtop.png and splashbottom.png) in the folder of my theme, it'll still just show the replaced 3DS logo.
Ahh sorry for not answering you in the other thread. I was in a hurry when I saw your question and later forgot about it.
For the splashcreens you don't need a specific setting. You only need the pictures with the correct size and name inside of your selected theme folder.

1.For the top screen create a 400 x 240 PNG. Name it splashtop.png
2.For the bottom screen create a 320 x 240 PNG. Name it splashbottom.png and place them on your theme folder.

Last edited by JJTapia19,

Truner

Trophies
Website
truner.beluva.hu
XP
Country
Hungary
These are the exact files I'm trying to use and they are in the folder of the theme I'm currently using. They don't work though for some reason.

Attachments

• 3dsdefaulttheme.zip
    50.8 KB · Views: 110

JJTapia19

I fight for my friends.
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
These are the exact files I'm trying to use and they are in the folder of the theme I'm currently using. They don't work though for some reason.
Try this and let me know if it works. Open your pictres with Microsoft paint and re save them again. Then try again. I would do it for you but I'm on mobile.

JJTapia19

I fight for my friends.
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
I did just that and it still doesn't work. Checked the size just to be sure and it's exactly as it should be.
Do you have the latest update of the hbl? Also could you test a theme with splash screen like my yoshi theme and see if that works?

JJTapia19

I fight for my friends.
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
As far as I know, it should be the latest version. I'll check and edit this post when I know something.
You need to use the updater from the homebrew launcher. The latest version is 102. You could check by going into about in the ? Icon

JJTapia19

I fight for my friends.
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Last edited by JJTapia19,

LiuAnshan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure that it is just an issue with o3DS systems. I've got a n3DS on 10.0.1-27U using menuhax2.0 as the entrypoint booting straight into gridlauncher. Whenever I go into svdt and then exit the normal way with pressing start it still hangs until I do LRBdown. I don't mind really, I just to get the information out there.

It also seems that if you have the themes shuffling and not all of them have a boot image/sound then the ones that don't will still use the last boot/sound resources from the last theme that had them. Which is kinda nice in a way since I get the awesome Yoshi boot splash and sound every time.

fmkid

Just another GBATemp's random guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I'm not sure that it is just an issue with o3DS systems. I've got a n3DS on 10.0.1-27U using menuhax2.0 as the entrypoint booting straight into gridlauncher. Whenever I go into svdt and then exit the normal way with pressing start it still hangs until I do LRBdown. I don't mind really, I just to get the information out there.

It also seems that if you have the themes shuffling and not all of them have a boot image/sound then the ones that don't will still use the last boot/sound resources from the last theme that had them. Which is kinda nice in a way since I get the awesome Yoshi boot splash and sound every time.
Yeah, indeed this is a well-known problem here and actually there's no a direct answer/solution... A palliative solution for the moment (to minimize those undesirable effects) is using this Grid Launcher in conjunction with CtrBootManager.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @NinStar, I usually stop around 8 lol if someone seems legit I stop at that one. Lol