duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That's a problem. Give me a moment and I'll see if I can come up with a solution. Where are the default sound bins located (what folder did you put them in)?

I think the version it will upgrade to is broken. It does the same for me. Why it vanishes is out of my knowledge. @mashers would have to take a look at it.

Here is what I do:
I use the "homebrew emergency loader" (need link) to load mashers/my mashers build by default. If for some reason it crashes, I reboot my 3DS and hold "A" (That's what I have it set up to do, at least) and it will boot the .3dsx of the updater. It's a little tricky to get set up, but it works.
I put the bins in gridlauncher/themes/default.
Also, after putting the .lua file back in the update folder, I actually ran it (just to see if it would install b76)... it did actually install b90, so it's just the text that's wrong - but when I went back to the grid then settings, again the updater has vanished. Checked the sd card again, and yes, the .lua has been deleted again.

RedHat

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
I just use cbm with options for FTP server and mglupdate.
CBM?
At the moment, what are the individual .bin's that can be used, and what should they be titled? A lot has happened while I was gone, so the only thing I really remember is bgm.bin to control background music.
BGM.bin in a theme folder or Default
movesound.bin in a theme folder or Default
selectsound.bin in a theme folder or Default
backsound.bin in a theme folder or Default

Default = sdmc:/gridlauncher/themes/Default.
Theme folder example = sdmc:/gridlauncher/themes/Interstellar

EDIT:
I think if a theme does not have any audio, Default will attempt to be loaded.

EDIT EDIT:
And I think if Default has no audio, it has a chance of loading a random segment of memory. I'll fix that soon!

Last edited by RedHat,
Reactions: Reserved

Reserved

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anybody here have the ability to record direct audio from the 3DS? If so, could you change your Home Menu's music to nothing (a bcstm that has no sound) and record the sound effects for moving the cursor (move the cursor once), going back (theme management > click b) and the clip that plays when you select a title?

I'm trying to get the proper music and sound effects to make the New 3DS Launcher theme feel authentic. I've gotten the music down, although it's annoyingly static-y. If anybody knows how to fix that, I'd love to know how~

RedHat

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to use BCSTMs as the background music format? If that's possible, then we can do looping at certain points.
Yes... and no. I just convert the BCSTM to a wav first and go from there. Would it be OK if the launcher loaded Intro_BGM.bin and BGM.bin and played Intro_BGM.bin only once and continued looping BGM.bin? That could be possible but it could be a hassle updating themes.
I've gotten the music down, although it's annoyingly static-y.
Did you make sure the Hz of the file was correct and that it was mono? all I can think of.

zezzo

The "Black Ace"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's not working?
Does anybody here have the ability to record direct audio from the 3DS? If so, could you change your Home Menu's music to nothing (a bcstm that has no sound) and record the sound effects for moving the cursor (move the cursor once), going back (theme management > click b) and the clip that plays when you select a title?

I'm trying to get the proper music and sound effects to make the New 3DS Launcher theme feel authentic. I've gotten the music down, although it's annoyingly static-y. If anybody knows how to fix that, I'd love to know how~

I believe that you can use audacity and remove the audio by getting the homemenu music online and open it and make the sound effects. Then cancel the audio. A tutorial is on YouTube. It should be called home to remove static/unnecessary audio form an audicity recording.

Reserved

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes... and no. I just convert the BCSTM to a wav first and go from there. Would it be OK if the launcher loaded Intro_BGM.bin and BGM.bin and played Intro_BGM.bin only once and continued looping BGM.bin? That could be possible but it could be a hassle updating themes.

Did you make sure the Hz of the file was correct and that it was mono? all I can think of.
It's mono with 44100, which I believe is the correct settings. I'm thinking that the reason it's static-y is because I used the "Normalize" effect to boost the audio, as it was near impossible to hear otherwise.

RedHat

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
@Billy Acuña It's totally easy! Just follow these instructions:

How to make a BGM.bin
  1. Download an MP3/MP4/whatever you want as BGM.
  2. Load it up in audacity/any audio editor.
  3. Delete all of the tracks but one (If it is stereo, make it mono, for example. The result should leave you with a mono file.)
  4. Edit how you like it (make it louder, longer, faster, stronger).
  5. Change the project rate to 44100Hz if it isn't already.
  6. Export it as a WAV (Microsoft) signed 16bit PCM file.
  7. Rename it to BGM.bin and put it in your themes folder.
And you're done! Note: the instructions are available here as well: https://github.com/mashers/3ds_hb_menu

Reactions: fmkid

Shaker78

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
where do they go? gridlauncher folder?

6Uoiknl.png

Beta 90
  • Sounds placed in the default theme folder will now be played if they do not exist in the currently selected theme.
Beta 89
  • Support for backsound.bin, which will be played when exiting menus such as settings.
Beta 87
  • Place the files movesound.bin and selectsound.bin in your theme folder. The files need to be in the same format as BGM.bin. Your themes will then play the sounds when moving around the grid and selecting apps.

Last edited by Shaker78,

noctis90210

Trophies
XP
Country
where can i find the beta 90? cuz its not on the op?
if it needs the updater. how to use updater? to what foldet should i place the updater folder? thanks

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by ihaveahax,
Reactions: noctis90210

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @PandaPandel, irl or in the game?