Hacking [Release] Haxchi Installer 1.2 (Noob friendly)

plyscho

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Just as a heads up, Brain Age game appears to be free in the EU eShop.
It still shows €6,99 but when you click next then all of a sudden it says that it's free.
Have you redeemed the game in the past, maybe? It's not working here (germany).

peteruk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The whole getting Brain Training for free is a bit hit and miss, myself and a couple of friends with the black premium wii u were unable to get it here in the UK, however another friend with the standard white wii u was

I saw this posted on the Nintendo official site https://www.nintendo.co.uk/News/201...download-on-Wii-U-until-July-10th-894015.html

Dr. Kawashima’s Brain Training: How Old is Your Brain?, the Nintendo DS title that introduced a completely new kind of video game to the world, is now available to download for free on Wii U – but only until 23:59 (UK time) on July 10th!

If you’ve enabled automatic software downloads on your Wii U, you don’t even need to lift a finger to get the game – it’ll be sent straight to you! Plus, if you’ve installed the most recent system update and opted in to receive Wii U GamePad notifications, when your game’s ready to start you’ll receive a notification so you can jump in right away. Of course, you can also download the game for free from Nintendo eShop, but remember: it’s only free until 23:59 (UK time) on July 10th, so be quick!

Doesn't look like there will be any free Haxchi for those of us without payment options for a while, however things are moving so quickly now in the wii u scene that we could see an alternative any time

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CHeck the SD card?
Which is weird because it was in the slot.

https://github.com/FIX94/haxchi/blob/master/hbl_loader/sd_loader/src/entry.c#L391-L394
sounds like you forgot to insert the sd or it wasnt correctly inserted.

That's just is, it was in the SD card slot, but I took it out and put it back in after restarting and it worked. Never heard of that error before.

Seems to be working fine, not sure why no one else had this error.

Greggen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tried this today. It's sweet!

One thing though. I'm getting a "Preparing" pop up everytime I start the hacked game (brain age). Is this normal? When looking on YouTube videos I can't see anyone else having this.

Speighty1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I just have 2 quick questions,

I have used this and installed haxchi on my sysnand and it works perfectly, thanks.

When I boot rednand the haxchi ds game shows with the question mark, I understand why it does but does it have to stay or can it be deleted from say data management, if I did this would it remove it from sysnand.

Second question, once installed how can I edit the config file to change boot options.

Again thanks.

Spearel18

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Tried this today. It's sweet!

One thing though. I'm getting a "Preparing" pop up everytime I start the hacked game (brain age). Is this normal? When looking on YouTube videos I can't see anyone else having this.
That must mean, that it searches for available updates if it have one, or if you installed it to usb, then it really is preparing it to launch it.
If the hax works, then its ok.

Agent Moose

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I just am now deciding to try this and I've got a mac on OSX Seirra (SP?) and I got this error:
Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Users/AgentMoose/Desktop/Haxchi_Installer/haxchi_installer_v1.1.1.py", line 108, in <module>
  shutil.copy2('files/haxchi/mariokartds.zip', 'rom.zip')
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/shutil.py", line 130, in copy2
  copyfile(src, dst)
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/shutil.py", line 82, in copyfile
  with open(src, 'rb') as fsrc:
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'files/haxchi/mariokartds.zip'

I'm assuming this python script is only for windows?

Zonse

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
LOZ BOTW is being postponed again it's releasing 2017 christmas so highly unlikely that nintendo is going to do anything

First I've heard of that. I hear it won't be a launch title for the Switch (bad mistake Nintendo), but haven't heard anything about it being pushed back to November. At that point it would make no sense for them to release it on the Wii U, since they've already abandoned it.

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
is it true if you enable quickstart menu the original game name and banner show and not the edited one ?
Quickstart take some time to update latest played titles, it won't appear maybe until the fourth boot, I guess it take banner image from the same game, it should show the "h" logo.

Reactions: peteruk

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    bassviolet @ bassviolet: America ya~