Homebrew [Release] GYTB: Custom badges made really, really, simple.

MrCheeze

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just stick some PNGs on your SD card and run this, that's all there is to it. Should still work even if you've never run Badge Arcade.

GuyipoJ.jpg

Source code, readme, and downloads: https://github.com/MrCheeze/GYTB

Last edited by MrCheeze,

MrCheeze

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It should work on all firmwares 9.0 and above. Menuhax will not be affected.

EDIT: Sorry, requirement is actually 9.3.

Last edited by MrCheeze,

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Works alright! But beware, people who already have medals gotten in the game. They are all wiped out!

Edit: By the way, a question for the OP. Would it be possible to have the tool put the file's name to the badge instead of only getting "Custom Badge" for every medal?

If I knew a little bit of C, I would look into it, but sadly I'm a noob at 3DS homebrew development.

Edit 2: Okay, nevermind. It seems entering the Nintendo Badge Arcade app deletes your data, and recreates it with the badges you had. I'll prefer to use this homebrew, instead, anyway!

Last edited by Olmectron,

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Edit 2: Okay, nevermind. It seems entering the Nintendo Badge Arcade app deletes your data, and recreates it with the badges you had. I'll prefer to use this homebrew, instead, anyway!

As far as i know, the badge arcarde app rewritres the sd data ONLY if you go to check your badges collection.

As for this tool, it looks and sounds awesome! I'll try it later :)

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Mrcheeze says this will work on down to 9.0.

When I run the app, everything seems to go fine but there's no sign of the badges.
What do I have to do first to get this to work? He claims installing badge arcade isn't necessary.

MrCheeze

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, since you've never used badge arcade, you may not know... to actually place badges, you open the home menu settings in the top left.

Anyway. I updated with Olmec's suggestion to set the badge names to whatever their filenames were, instead of just Custom Badge. Same links will work.

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, since you've never used badge arcade, you may not know... to actually place badges, you open the home menu settings in the top left.

Anyway. I updated with Olmec's suggestion to set the badge names to whatever their filenames were, instead of just Custom Badge. Same links will work.

Just wondering, do you know if nintendo badge arcade really rewrites all of your badges data deleting the badges you had? That makes me feel a bit afraid of testing this, since i already injected a lot of custom badges and i can still get new ones in the app...

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of

That option isn't shown on 9.2 home menu though. (I have a current 3ds with badge arcade so I know how it works)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1