Homebrew [Release] GYTB: Custom badges made really, really, simple.

MrCheeze

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just wondering, do you know if nintendo badge arcade really rewrites all of your badges data deleting the badges you had? That makes me feel a bit afraid of testing this, since i already injected a lot of custom badges and i can still get new ones in the app...
Badge Arcade will always overwrite anything GYTB makes, and vice versa, although either can also be recovered easily. If you injected custom badges through a different method, GYTB will always delete them, but Badge Arcade seems to sometimes let them stay and sometimes not. In any case, if you back up your extdata, there's not much to worry about.
That option isn't shown on 9.2 home menu though. (I have a current 3ds with badge arcade so I know how it works)
Ah. Seems there must be more to getting the button to appear than just the extdata existing. I need to look into this...

ayanekochan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I tried this on my 9.2j system too, with and without badge center installed. Button does not show up after running this in HBL. I also restarted several times as well.

sweis12

Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Badge Arcade will always overwrite anything GYTB makes, and vice versa, although either can also be recovered easily. If you injected custom badges through a different method, GYTB will always delete them, but Badge Arcade seems to sometimes let them stay and sometimes not. In any case, if you back up your extdata, there's not much to worry about.

Ah. Seems there must be more to getting the button to appear than just the extdata existing. I need to look into this...

That's odd. I am on 9.9 and your app made the badge option avalible on my console.
also. cheeze, do you know if this would allow me to use the merging badge data tutorial to unlock the 1000 official badges?

MrCheeze

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ah, if that's the case, badges may just be impossible to use on lower firmwares after all. I'd be interested to know what the effects are on 9.3-9.8, if anyone still has a 3DS in those ranges...

Also, this tool isn't compatible at all with badge merging. PNGs only, round these parts.

Last edited by MrCheeze,

ayanekochan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you checked if you have a 000014d1 folder or anything inside? Maybe that's the reason?

Yep, 4 files in there.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Much cool very good.
Added the option to place badges for me even though I've never downloaded badge arcade! :yay:

What is your firmware version?

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
As far as i know, the badge arcarde app rewritres the sd data ONLY if you go to check your badges collection.

As for this tool, it looks and sounds awesome! I'll try it later :)
I just tested it. That´s why I commented.

Opened the Badge Center, it said data was corrupted, and it reloaded it in my 3DS. I didn´t even let the rabbit talk when I closed the app for checking the badges.

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Ah, if that's the case, badges may just be impossible to use on lower firmwares after all. I'd be interested to know what the effects are on 9.3-9.8, if anyone still has a 3DS in those ranges...

Also, this tool isn't compatible at all with badge merging. PNGs only, round these parts.
Tested with 9.4 emunand and it kinda works.

The mario badge button appears on the menu but it just freezes when I launch it. No idea why. Works on my 10.3 emunand.

edit: works completely on 9.9 n3ds.

Last edited by zoogie,

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow that is dead simple.
Nice work!
Surprised just how simple it was.
I'm guessing the filename will dictate the badge name.
Originally tried naming everything "Elf ##" with an incremental number, guess I didn't have to.
Now just to extract my legit set and mix in my own on top of that just for fun.

Here's what I tested out. Just a buncha random pixel art and rips I threw together just to try it.

Again really good job.
Now just to make a pointless crane game for us to use to get our custom badges for the irony of it all. xD

HNI_0036.JPG
HNI_0037.JPG HNI_0043.JPG HNI_0044.JPG

NohbdyImportant

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't seem to get it to work, all it seems to do for me is delete my badge data and not write anymore. I've tried running with badges placed, without badges places. With freshly downloaded badge data and with the erased badge data. It'll say it succeeded but I can't figure out how to actually place them. Am I just dumb, or is there something I'm doing wrong?

SLiV3R

3DS Friend Code: 0473-9069-2206
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Yes! Mrcheeze strikes again! Last time it was your great playcoinsetter :)

Too bad it won't work on my N3DSXL 9.2. But I'll try it out on my O3DSXL 10.3 :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/Samsung-Galaxy-S22+,Google-Pixel-8a/phones/11762,12219...