[RELEASE] Gears of Kombat - Free Game for PC, PS3 and Xbox360

Discussion in 'PS3 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by niegelmansell, Oct 13, 2019.

1. niegelmansell
    OP

niegelmansell Member

Newcomer
    Dec 5, 2015
    United States
    Brazil
  2. lisreal2401

lisreal2401 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 4, 2013
    United States
    Does this use UT3 as a base?

I'm not trying to downplay but my god it looks like a mod of UT3

I'm inclined to say this uses stolen assets so... rip, but the actual UDK license should be fine? Multiplatform UE3 game, regardless of how much it bases from the stock codebase is kind of ridiculous from one person.

KiiWii and niegelmansell like this.
  3. niegelmansell
    OP

niegelmansell Member

Newcomer
    Dec 5, 2015
    United States
    Brazil
    Hello dude, it is just a free homebrew game which I created just for fun and to improve my skills in game development. Yeah, it uses UT3Game as it's code base.

Josshy0125 and Tarmfot like this.
  4. niegelmansell
    OP

niegelmansell Member

Newcomer
    Dec 5, 2015
    United States
    Brazil
  5. MythicalData

MythicalData GBAtemp Maniac

May 11, 2017
    United States
    Cool that you're learning how to use UE3, but this doesn't really have any semblance of a game. Just a really stripped UT3 mod
    have you tried making mods for games that use ut3 like borderlands, killing floor 2, UT3, and others?

Last edited by MythicalData, Oct 16, 2019
    niegelmansell likes this.
  6. niegelmansell
    OP

niegelmansell Member

Newcomer
    Dec 5, 2015
    United States
    Brazil
    I know man, this is just a free homebrew mini-game I have made for fun :D

Josshy0125 likes this.
  7. MythicalData

May 11, 2017
    United States
    Definitely a good way to go about it (Unreal Engine is quite a good engine once you get used to it, I've been making killing floor 2 mods for a bit and love the engine and its quarks)

Also "UDKUltimate Engine for PS3, Xbox360, PC"
    you're using UE3 and releasing a game/mod of it, so this wording saying it's an engine is kinda weird
    It seem like you're releasing your own engine cost free when UE3 can technically take loyalties from your games if
    a) you have made about 5 grand iirc from said game
    and
    b) they take a cut of your profits or you pay an up front cost (not sure if they chose or you chose but yeah)

8. niegelmansell
    OP

niegelmansell Member

Newcomer
    Dec 5, 2015
    United States
    Brazil
    No dude, on my site, on the top of the site there is a button "DOWNLOAD UDKULTIMATE", which will download yes the entire engine UDK/UE3 modded by me. It's the same as UDK (Unreal Development Kit) however with added support to export the final game for PS3 and Xbox360, besides PC.

This game Gears of Kombat is just a sample, example game which I created in UDKUltimate recently, and added it to my site, so people can download and play it.

9. MythicalData

May 11, 2017
    United States
    ahh misunderstood that. Adding easy game export functionality is very cool :D
    was just confused by the site a bit

10. niegelmansell
    OP

niegelmansell Member

Newcomer
    Dec 5, 2015
    United States
    Brazil
    Yeah bro, my UDK Ultimate Engine is basically the same as standard UDK Engine, just it has the export for PS3 and Xbox360.

I am developing a game, complete game in UDKUltimate, I just did not begin to spread this yet, because I think I still need one year and some months to finish this game, and because now I am trying to get some visibility for my Youtube Channel, and I am using this game gears of kombat to gain this visibility.

However, you san see some screenshots of my game here:
    https://www.islamicboard.com/general/134354292-am-developing-game-palestine-resistance-2.html

In this game you play as a young Palestinian Student who was unjustly arrested and jailed by Israeli Militar forces, whose family was killed by an Israeli Airstrike and now seeks revenge.

Last edited by niegelmansell, Oct 16, 2019
    MythicalData likes this.
  11. niegelmansell
    OP

niegelmansell Member

Newcomer
    Dec 5, 2015
    United States
    Brazil
  12. niegelmansell
    OP

niegelmansell Member