Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadowtrance

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys. :)

Here we have a great android app for the new gateway exploit. :)

Created by [user]Ivan Garcia[/user] and myself, well pretty much all him and me testing.

Works with local network, so the 3ds and phone on the same wifi network or via wifi tethering/hotspot.

Pretty simple, just open it up select the your system version, enter the IP address on the next screen into your 3ds browser and the exploit loads. :)

Also if anyone comes across any bugs or issues, let us know so they can be squashed. :D

Think i should add some more stuff here to clarify a little.

To use this via wifi tethering, hotspot or whatever your phone/tablet may call it (why can't they just use one name?)

Make sure MOBILE DATA IS OFF, so 3G, 4G etc OFF
And also make sure normal WIFI is OFF

Also add a connection to your 3DS with your hotspot ssid added, most likely be something like AndroidAP, AndroidMaster not sure what other default ones there are but if you've changed it already you should know what it is. :)

And for the other option local network, well that's just the usual wifi. Both your phone/tablet and 3DS connected to the same network. EG: Phone connected to home wifi 1, 3ds also connected to home wifi 1. :)

Thanks and Enjoy. :)

Google Play Store Link: (IS NOW REMOVED) :( See the link in the quote below if you wish to download and use it. :) Make sure "unknown sources" is turned on in to be able to install it. It's usually under "security" or "Developer Options", or maybe somewhere else depending on your phone.

BIG EDIT:: It has come to my attention that the app has been reported as illegal and removed from the play store. Which really sucks, who would be so petty? Well that's humans for ya, they can be pretty petty sometimes. :(

And also a parting note from Ivan and the link the v1.3 apk.

Guys, I have to say that I will not continue with this project...
A lot of ppl are claiming that they don't want ads (Maybe you don't know that to develop iOS apps costs about 100$ each year and publish an app 5$... And if you want the iOS app it was the unique method of win money...)
Also ppl wants features that are hard to code (or takes to much time, I'm just working as Security Programmer on a Bank so i don't have much time to do this)... and also there was some guys that are informing google that the app violates the copyright of something to make them delete it... (Just have receive a google mail saying it).

So... as I said the v1.5 will be the last version that will be available on Google Play and here are the links of the others:

GW3DS-Loader-v1.3 : Download It!

Good Luck Guys and Enjoy It!

Android 2.3+ compatible! (tested myself on my old xperia x10i on 2.3.3)
Also now has a QR Code to scan with the 3ds. :)

Again guys, don't thank me thank [user]Ivan Garcia[/user] I'm just the messenger. :)

(dropbox link removed, no need for it now it's up on google play store)

Here's a few screenshots...
First: Main menu Second: Wifi

KWzj7uU.png
lCHUA2W.png

Third: Tethering/Hotspot Fourth: Icon :)

MaAOZFq.png
XWIHMPM.png

berichan

ACNHMobileSpawner dev
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I was also working on something similar earlier today. I see you also didn't bother with hosting the php file for switching and went straight to selecting the payload for each firmware :P

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
I was also working on something similar earlier today. I see you also didn't bother with hosting the php file for switching and went straight to selecting the payload for each firmware :P

but they did bother to make this, so that is what counts.

Reactions: berichan

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
No go, just tried the new exploit with the 2.7 launcher and it crashes back to system menu.

what do you mean 2.7? on the app screenshot i see 3ds 2.0.
so that makes it seem that gw 3.0 will work with 3ds fw 2.0. so test gw 3.0 browser exploit with fw 2.0, not gw 2.7 :)
do you have a 3ds with 2.0 to test on? just curious

NCDyson

Hello Boys...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

It's probably a REALLY barebones webserver, so it probably doesn't have php support. They could implement the auto-selection anyways if they just pull the user agent from the request, and wouldn't need the php script.

Shadowtrance

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ahhh my bad, tired. haha

3DS FW 2.0! umm yeah good question, haven't tested that myself as i don't have a 2.0 3ds myself.

Hmm maybe i can downgrade to 2.0 somehow... too tired to look atm.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
would you not be able to set the local hotspot name and password to say attwifi with no password automatically in the app, so it would auto connect as a nintendo zone hotspot, then you wouldn't even need to set up a connection.

Reactions: Nollog and cearp

Shadowtrance

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok which one of the index.html is the right one for 7x-9x?

That would be the bottom one most likely :)

would you not be able to set the local hotspot name and password to say attwifi with no password automatically in the app, so it would auto connect as a nintendo zone hotspot, then you wouldn't even need to set up a connection.

Just tried this manually changing my hotspot ssid to attwifi and all blank dummy connections on the 3ds and no go. :( Also tried adding attiwifi to the 3ds as well, also no go. :(

Have you guys put this on the play store yet? Awesome work and thanks.

Not yet, think Ivan is doing it tomorrow. He's gone to sleep, like 3am in spain.

luney

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only asking cause I'm lazy, heh. I can always just put it on my phone and install that way. Truly awesome work. Thank you guys, again.

Edit: Is there any setup steps that I would need to follow on my phone or my 3ds for this to work? My 3ds just keeps telling me "No access point in range"

escherbach

Trophies
XP
Country
Good work, nice that you have the user choice screen - auto-select for a firmware is just not trustworthy.

Until someone discovers a way of doing it natively on the 3DS this app is the best option - essentially it's a user-friendly version of the php-server method posted earlier - bur that required quite a bit of fiddly settings - this is really simple to use.

Those that don't have an android device should read the earlier thread, lots of native http hosting methods on a pc posted there.

http://gbatemp.net/threads/attempt-running-gw3-0-web-exploit-on-a-local-network.378058/unread

Reactions: Margen67
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.