ROM Hack [Release] Gateway 3ds Loader - Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadowtrance

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Good work, nice that you have the user choice screen - auto-select for a firmware is just not trustworthy.

Until someone discovers a way of doing it natively on the 3DS this app is the best option - essentially it's a user-friendly version of the php-server method posted earlier - bur that required quite a bit of fiddly settings - this is really simple to use.

Those that don't have an android device should read the earlier thread, lots of native http hosting methods on a pc posted there.

http://gbatemp.net/threads/attempt-running-gw3-0-web-exploit-on-a-local-network.378058/unread

Yeah i think that's why Ivan went with the "YOU PICK" option rather than auto select, seeing as the auto select seems to be more buggy than user select option. garaopa said the auto select could be what's causing issues for some people as well.

And yeah there plenty of options to host it yourself at home or whatever if you don't have an android (WHICH YOU SHOULD :P ) haha

Might even be ways to do it on apple stuff, i wouldn't know though as i don't own a single piece of apple equipment...

luney

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are there any setup steps that I would need to follow on my phone or my 3ds for this to work? My 3ds just keeps telling me "No access point in range"

Shadowtrance

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
It won't enable wifi hotspot without data connection on my galaxy s-4

Hmm not sure, maybe try with mobile data on? Heard samsung's can be a pain in the butt with certain things at times. May work...

Just had a quick look around... may be some help in this thread, seems your not the only one. http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...-does-not-work-unlocked-t-s4.html#post3845126

Or here maybe http://gs4.wonderhowto.com/how-to/hack-your-samsung-galaxy-s4-into-free-wireless-hotspot-0146788/

luney

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No biggie. I have the files and a server app. I can transmit that way. This is still awesome work. Thank you guys again.

mollekemiel

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
kudos to you shadowtrance. Made a great app.
Tried it on my S4 and it is working great.

However i can't install the app on a samsung galaxy s3 mini.
It gives a parser error (also it doesn't display the icon in the file browser).

But still a great app. Thanks a lot.

hias

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
You could make this more userfriendly by suppyling the payload according to the user agent. If that is not trustworthy enough, you could remember the last selected item because normally it would not change. Also it may be better to display the DNS name instead the ip adress, I guess that should be much easier to type into the 3DS. :)

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Im a bit confused guys to how this actually works on my 3DS? Step by step guys what do you do and what do you do with the Gateway 3DS Loader.APK file, sorry :(

Edit: sorry is this just for Android devices to activate the GW exploit? but what is the point in that?

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
You could make this more userfriendly by suppyling the payload according to the user agent. If that is not trustworthy enough, you could remember the last selected item because normally it would not change. Also it may be better to display the DNS name instead the ip adress, I guess that should be much easier to type into the 3DS. :)

people don't usually have a dns record for their phone's wireless hotspot which should be offline for safety, regarding this exploit.

Im a bit confused guys to how this actually works on my 3DS? Step by step guys what do you do and what do you do with the Gateway 3DS Loader.APK file, sorry :(

Edit: sorry is this just for Android devices to activate the GW exploit? but what is the point in that?

to do it offline.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
would you not be able to set the local hotspot name and password to say attwifi with no password automatically in the app, so it would auto connect as a nintendo zone hotspot, then you wouldn't even need to set up a connection.
Just tried this manually changing my hotspot ssid to attwifi and all blank dummy connections on the 3ds and no go. :( Also tried adding attiwifi to the 3ds as well, also no go. :(
NZ@McD1 doesn't work either :(

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
people don't usually have a dns record for their phone's wireless hotspot which should be offline for safety, regarding this exploit.

to do it offline.

So how do you set it up? The instructions on the front page don't exactly tell you in detail.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
See you need an android device can you not use a laptop or something else?

no, an android device runs android.
There are android emulators, not worth the effort though.
Check the thread linked in one of the posts on the first page for other way of doing the exploit offline.

NintendoSpotPass1 as the ssid gives "a communication error has occurred." message when trying to run it.
the other two spot pass ssid's didn't give me that error. (eu 3ds, i think that spotpass is eu only)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.