• Thread starter FR0ZN
  • Start date
  • Views 128,258
  • Replies 574
  • Likes 11

loco365

Trophies
XP
Protip for all: Don't uses GW's main mirror for downloading the firmware. It added a TON of rogue extensions to my Google Chrome browser, as well as probably a few spyware apps I'll have to clean. Datafilehost uses a proprietary file downloader which downloads a ton of stuff, even if you decline all the offers they give you, whereas UploadMB (Both the mirror 1 and 2 links are the same) just gives you the zip file.

Reactions: yuyuyup

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Protip for all: Don't uses GW's main mirror for downloading the firmware. It added a TON of rogue extensions to my Google Chrome browser, as well as probably a few spyware apps I'll have to clean. Datafilehost uses a proprietary file downloader which downloads a ton of stuff, even if you decline all the offers they give you, whereas UploadMB (Both the mirror 1 and 2 links are the same) just gives you the zip file.
That's the reason why you don't select "Use our download manager and get recommended downloads".

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom

@teamfail you have picked the correct name for your self mate :P

Untick "use download manager" = no malware fail.

Reactions: filfat and cearp

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
worked perfectly with firefox... surely chrome would be able to prevent apps adding automatically? that sucks

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I hope someone codes a movie player that can play 3D content...

There is a movie player app, but no one know how to encode for it I think.

There are also coverts online of 3D movies that apparently work from the photo/video function, no need for an app... but I hear they are HUGE files, and they stutter. I havent tested them.

zhdarkstar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Surprised this hasn't been added to the front page yet, as this is two of two most requested features coming to fruition.

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
I was thinking on that too... Why?
Smea didn't help Gateway directly. He simply wrote the lion's share of ctrlib, which is the lib the yeti.3ds demo was compiled in.

It's ironic that Gateway is thanking smea when a lot of what he learned came from reverse engineering their firmware. lol

hundshamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is a movie player app, but no one know how to encode for it I think.

There are also coverts online of 3D movies that apparently work from the photo/video function, no need for an app... but I hear they are HUGE files, and they stutter. I havent tested them.

Yes there is a way to convert for the video player, but you're limited to 10 minute chunks. Also the size and optimizations of it is impractical. I think it would be better if it could play HOU (half over under) SD (standard definition) .avi files. Shoot because of the resolution they don't even have to use HOU. They could do full OU ay 800 x 240.

Reactions: KiiWii

boomario

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Smea didn't help Gateway directly. He simply wrote the lion's share of ctrlib, which is the lib the yeti.3ds demo was compiled in.

It's ironic that Gateway is thanking smea when a lot of what he learned came from reverse engineering their firmware. lol
But considering the code it's not publicly released yet, how gateway team got their hands on him? :ninja:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, very true
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I think we should outlaw healthcare entirely because the fact that people can get healthcare today is unfair to those in the past that couldn't
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Lol
  • mthrnite tempBOT: @ mthrnite
    smacks Sicklyboy around a bit with a large leech
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Howdy @mthrnite , great to see you :D
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    hola mi hermano
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @Sicklyboy - the comparison would be forgiving all medical debt, not making healthcare illegal!
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Although I still don't agree, medical debt is rarely a choice, whereas enrolling in university is certainly a choice
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    we need more smart cats tho for reals
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    College costs, college loans, book prices, the entire thing is predatory, oft touted as essential to a successful life for my generation and the ones since, and completely unaffordable without putting you through an insane financial hardship for literal decades in many situations.
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Many of the same issues can be seen for the insanely predatory healthcare and health insurance system in the US
    +1
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    ^this
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    It's important for society to be healthy and educated. If those things can't happen because all of the institutions that prop up those industries make it unattainable for all but a small portion of society, then your society is largely going to be disease ridden, dying, and uneducated in very short order.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Issue is it's too rich of a coperation already with bad sugar diets causing diabetes and killing teeth a new set of teeth around 90k
  • cearp @ cearp:
    I agree it's not easy for the average American, let alone the ones below that average. Free / cheaper healthcare is much more important I think than free university education.
    Of course like @mthrnite said, why not both. But I doubt both will get solved at once, and surely healthcare is top priority.
    +1
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    they go hand in hand unless you want a plumber performing your triple bypass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Everyone should be Medicaid elegable for implants at the most
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    If it's needed to keep you healthy it shouldn't cost you $90k. The fact that it does is an enormous problem
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    but yeah, affordable is all i'm asking for
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    i'd be happy with affordable dentures
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With my old dentist he even encouraged switching insurance every quarter
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    And if the concern is that "well we can't trust the government to intervene for this because the government can't do anything right and wastes tons of money" then holy shit push for a better government. I'm certainly trying to. Don't throw your hands up and go "we've tried nothing and we're all out of ideas"
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Plus technology cost iirc even a water jet drill is 1k per
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @K3Nv2 that's crazily expensive. how long will that take to pay off?

Although diet is largely education, people don't need to go to university to learn what's healthy and what's not,
    it's the whole country, big corporations and advertising that is to blame for leading most of the population to believe that poptarts and froot loops are healthy to feed a child
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    i would think the population knows better but with food deserts and abject poverty, sometimes a poptart gonna have to do.
    mthrnite @ mthrnite: i would think the population knows better but with food deserts and abject poverty, sometimes a...