• Likes 11

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Smea didn't help Gateway directly. He simply wrote the lion's share of ctrlib, which is the lib the yeti.3ds demo was compiled in.

It's ironic that Gateway is thanking smea when a lot of what he learned came from reverse engineering their firmware. lol

wait.. its a what came 1st the chicken or the egg.

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry guys I really cannot be bothered to go through the whole thread for an answer. So are GW just backing themselves up saying online only with game dumps but you could use rom dumps from your region for online play really? Am I correct with this?

hundshamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry guys I really cannot be bothered to go through the whole thread for an answer. So are GW just backing themselves up saying online only with game dumps but you could use rom dumps from your region for online play really? Am I correct with this?

I don't think so. I just tried to rename a scene release and I got an invalid 3dz error message.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
not sure about other region games that you dump yourself, i guess it would work, otherwise i imagine they would have said so.
but you need to dump the game via gateway, if you use a dump that doesn't include the extra data that gateway dumps, you get an error when you try to load the rom when you rename the 3ds file to a 3dz file :)

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

well gateway has also said the scene dumps have missing parts in the code, where its not able to play online...

anyway that's my understanding.

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
So online is useless then unless you dump your own games but what it the point becuase you would just use classic mode with your own carts to play. Surely there must a way to do it?

RowanDDR

SNES Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
So can I... dump the save from my MarioKart cartridge and use that save when I run a backup of that cartridge? I'm guessing no.. :/

Twinuts

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Very good news.
I hope a tool will appear to make the scene dumps that are out to gateway - online capable dumps.

One already does half of the job. Gateway Rom patcher v0.2 can export/import these data needed for online play. Just get a friend who did his own dump (or someone ready to share it), import his .bin to your scene release, rename the rom to .3dz and you're done.

But if you're talking about a Chip ID generator, in fact there is none atm.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
So online is useless then unless you dump your own games but what it the point becuase you would just use classic mode with your own carts to play. Surely there must ne a way to do it?
sure, maybe one day we will be able to go online with games that we haven't dumped, but still, it's better than nothing right :)
if we could convert saves from retail to work with gateway, considering the keys etc, i don't understand it all but i'm quite sure at the moment it does not work - then it would be more useful since we could consolidate all our games onto gateway, without losing progress so far.
but at the moment, i can't put my retail pokemon save on my gateway, so if i want to play online, it has to be on a fresh save... but still, better than nothing :)

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
One already does half of the job. Gateway Rom patcher v0.2 can export/import these data needed for online play.
But if you're talking about a Chip ID generator, in fact there is none atm.
i wonder if a data from one game would work on a completely different game... :) worth a try.
let's see how secure nintendo made this :)

Twinuts

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
and if the ban finally arrives, if it will just kick all players with the same Chip ID from the game, or simply ban all consoles IDs using it ;p

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
sure, maybe one day we will be able to go online with games that we haven't dumped, but still, it's better than nothing right :)
if we could convert saves from retail to work with gateway, considering the keys etc, i don't understand it all but i'm quite sure at the moment it does not work - then it would be more useful since we could consolidate all our games onto gateway, without losing progress so far.
but at the moment, i can't put my retail pokemon save on my gateway, so if i want to play online, it has to be on a fresh save... but still, better than nothing :)

Yeah I'm not complaining its great I'm sure someone will crack the online works very soon if not I'm sure fresh online dumps will appear :) Where do you get the GW 0.2 rom patcher tool from?

Reactions: Margen67

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
Actually GW have backed themselves up quite nicely with the online play feature because some patch will get released very soon or some sort of method for roms without themselves getting in trouble for it by using retail carts!

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
The only issue I see whos going to risk going online and getting there 3DS/XL banned!!! It could happen and man what a waste it would be. I would be major gutted :(

Twinuts

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
if not I'm sure fresh online dumps will appear :) Where do you get the GW 0.2 rom patcher tool from?

If the original source cartridge is banned too, people will maybe be afraid to share their ID. Link to patcher : http://tinyurl.com/Rom-Cleaner-0-2. At the moment it's more used for the opposite thing, people are removing data with it.

Reactions: reece71079

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Carotenemia causes skin to appear orange-ish in color. Orange Pi. Carotenemia Pussy. Get it. lolol +1