• Views 128,295
  • Replies 574
  • Likes 11

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
You have a point there but this is based on conjecture that Cart ID abuse is a real thing. Until a later point of time, we can't tell whether Cart IDs will be the basis for banning.

That is assuming that it is a complex serial number. I'm hoping that it would be something like XMD00001 and XMD00002 etc etc. Can anyone investigate into this?

ok well it turns out you can edit the first part of the cart id data....but if you do it will throw up a you cant play online with this cart error, anyone got a EU mario Kart cart id data they can PM to see what differences there is

ps the id thing is more complex like...PS this is completely edited

F5 66 45 63 9D 99 43 4C A5 DE 8A 54 23 87 55 6D FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF D3 EA 00 90 00 00 00 00

gamesquest1, how do you edit the cart ID?

I'm going to test it with my Kid Icarus dump

its at 0x1200 in the rom

MGS1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cool, well still, someone test if the data exported from pokemon will work with mario kart, for example
i'm a little busy at the moment :)

To answer your question, I get an error when trying to backup Pokemon Y's game save. I figured that this wouldn't work since the NAND based games store the save on the ROM and not on the SD card (which is where the save is dumped to.) It was worth a shot though. Has anybody tried with Animal Crossing yet?

Reactions: cearp

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
To answer your question, I get an error when trying to backup Pokemon Y's game save. I figured that this wouldn't work since the NAND based games store the save on the ROM and not on the SD card (which is where the save is dumped to.) It was worth a shot though. Has anybody tried with Animal Crossing yet?
you can dump nand saving games saves by just dumping the rom :P

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Coming right up! :P
https://github.com/smealum/ctrulib

That's what the demo was compiled with, along with 3dsguy's makerom most likely.
It seems like it was NOT made using makerom, because I asked 3DSGuy for some pointers, and this is what he said:
3DSGuy by PM said:
I'm leaving the scene. I released makerom in it's current state, because that's where it was at when I made my decision.

I'm not providing any support beyond what I've already given. And all my 3ds projects are now dead, this includes rom_tool.

And I checked GW's homebrew. It has to be the most hacky NCSD/NCCH image I've ever seen.

makerom will never be able to generate such fucked up images.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
just a heads up if you mess with the cart ID it will show your save as corrupted :)

which on a side not might mean any pokemon retail carts played in emunand (not a real 7.x console) once dump *might* be able to still use their save

Reactions: cearp

bartimeaus91

Stanza Blot Burls Rocks. Meaningless? Maybe not.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seems like it was NOT made using makerom, because I asked 3DSGuy for some pointers, and this is what he said:

So wait. Does this mean that yeti demo by GW is extremely... "dirty" and that by comparison makerom will result in a cleaner 3ds file?

ultimatetemper

Trophies
XP
Country
Tested online on Inazuma Eleven GO Galaxy: Supernova ROM.
Works flawlessly, got the keys for Natsumi, Gojou and Aki's routes and 115 gold.

phanteon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what will happen it i borrow a game, dump it. Then return it.
and both the owner of the cartridge and i play online?
who would get banned? (if any)

MGS1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cearp, So after looking at my dump of Pokemon Y, it generated the ROM dump and a .sav file (which is 0 bytes in size) on the SD card. Upon transferring the ROM over to my microSD card and starting it up, the save already in the ROM registers as corrupt. So even though the save dumps with the ROM, it doesn't matter in the end. Not really surprised in the end, but worth a shot.

Nightwish

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
what will happen it i borrow a game, dump it. Then return it.
and both the owner of the cartridge and i play online?
who would get banned? (if any)
It's likely that both would get banned, but no one has any idea right now since it was never possible before.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: I wouldn't be surprised if he walked around naked. Just the usual day in the life of AncientBoi.