• Views 127,980
  • Replies 574
  • Likes 11

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Nintendo never bans do they ? I mean they never did with the DS nor the Wii so I don't see why they would start now
They banned cheaters from MKWii online at least, but because the DS and Wii had crap online infrastructure it was pretty much impossible to properly ban someone. With the 3DS and WiiU, not so much. Although it's impossible to tell what they'll actually do, both game and console bans are probably possible.

justln

Trophies
XP
Country
yeah but then if it becomes a "thing" and people dump loads of roms and resell the carts......it could end up being too much of a headache for nintendo to enforce the bans

Huh, I never thought of it that way. I wonder when will the first case of "second hand cartridge banned" news come out.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Very good news.
I hope a tool will appear to make the scene dumps that are out to gateway - online capable dumps.
Since online play is linked to a genuine Game Card,
we do not recommend that multiple users go online with the same game dump simultaneously as it will most likely result in a future online ban.
We cannot help you if your 3ds console gets banned from online play.
If it does, you might want to wait a few months unless you want to run the risk of this happening.

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
I can imagine a system where you connect to a homebrew community server and it lets you 'check out' on online cart code (from a user supplied database) and you play with that until your done with your session. After you are done, the code becomes available for another user to check out. Probably wouldn't work, just thinking out loud. :P

Reactions: filfat and Saxer

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
2.2 available.
It doesn't say on their website, but the download page lists 2.2 Omega.
Edit: Also it seems like they are being DDoSed with downloads at the moment. I blame you, GBAtemp!

Reactions: Saxer

yuyuyup

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
hashtag gamechanger hashtag
3350192460_55dedc1af1-330x325.jpg

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I can imagine a system where you connect to a homebrew community server and it lets you 'check out' on online cart code (from a user supplied database) and you play with that until your done with your session. After you are done, the code becomes available for another user to check out. Probably wouldn't work, just thinking out loud. :P
It probably could, but you'd have to populate it first with valid codes (aka $$$), it would take quite a bit of work, and most importantly it would be highly vulnerable to abuse. Also, Ninty could probably just contact the server, get the codes and ban them :P

iNFiNiTY

Trophies
XP
Gateway drops another massive update, fucking awesome guys. I wonder down the line if a newer version exploit is found then truly this will be the dominate product by far, and i'd happily pay the cost considering the work they've done. Against all nay-sayers they STILL helped out you homebrew guys as well - just like they originally said.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Saves backed up still won't work with a ROM, just so everyone knows. Same results as using a R4i SaveDongle, complains about a corrupted save.
Tried it with my own MK7 dump and a save from the same cart.

And how do you actually run homebrew with this? :/

IronClouds

GBAtemp's Pokébro
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WELP

I've never once regretted choosing Gateway from the beginning. Good to see them continue to reaffirm the fact I made the right choice. :)

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
ah i thought the HR dumps were supposed to be 'dirty', as in contain the unique code or whatever, but one game i tried, the multirom select said it was not a valid 3dz...
i'll try a dump of my own

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo