Hacking [Release] FunkyCIA2 - build CIAs from your eShop content. Super easy and fast! (**2.1 FIX!**)

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
cearp, could you change the -h option to put the input filename at the beginning of the list of options? Due to the way that nargs='+' works, I ran into the below problem, and had to spend some time debugging to figure it out:

Code:
D:\3DS\FunkyCIA2>FunkyCIA2.py -nopatchdlc -nopatchdemo -outputdir Japanese3DS -title 0004000e00c0ffee Japanese3DS\ticket.db
usage: FunkyCIA2.py [-h]
    [-type {gameapp,update,dlc,demo,dsiware,system,ALL} [{gameapp,update,dlc,demo,dsiware,system,ALL} ...]
    | -title SPECIFIC_TITLES [SPECIFIC_TITLES ...]]
    [-ignoretitles IGNORE_TITLES [IGNORE_TITLES ...]]
    [-outputdir OUTPUT_DIR] [-nosort] [-nodownload] [-nobuild]
    [-noignore] [-nopatchdlc] [-nopatchdemo] [-personal]
    [-preinstalled] [-retry {0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9}]
    inputfile
FunkyCIA2.py: error: too few arguments

hmm, i don't do anything special for the -h, argsparse (or whatever the section of python that handles the arguments) does that bit for me.
sure, i see why it did not work the way you did it. but you can use the flags/options in any combination you want, by habit i always input the file first.
i don't think there is a way i can prevent someone from adding the filename at end of a multiple argument thing like -title.
well, i could make an input file argument - like -input -- but i think you are the first person to come across this problem :)
from the code you can see that i added lots of error checking etc, if it was just for myself i would not have done so, but yeah, it's a chore to cover everything ha!

By the way, is there a way to make a .cia entirely from data on the 3DS itself without going to the CDN?

Decrypt both .app (ncch) files on your sd card and then run:
makerom -f cia -o output.cia -target t -i 00000000.app:0:0 -i 00000001.app:1:1

the files do not always start at 00000000, plus there are not always 1 app and 1 manual file :)

Myria - i guess you could reencrypt them using the title key from the ticket, and that would make the contents the same as they came from cdn :) (i don't see why it wouldn't work)
although for me cdn download speeds are very fast, and it is nice to do it all on a server and not need to decrypt/encrypt anything

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Can you using this... and the ticket.db... download from Nintendo Servers the "Settings Apps".cia or "Any System App".cia just "legit" for your 3DS ? (I'm thinking that this is what sceners do to reuse MSET)
no you can get system apps for any system by just using 3DNUS, you dont need a ticket.db file or anything to get a clean cia file of system titles

Garou

Trophies
XP
Country
so i have made cia of my installed eshop games using this tool, and i have a few questions

1. all these cia that created, do they have anything that links to my NNID, my system or anything unique related to me?
2. can they be installed on other systems without issue (just like those cia from scene dumps)
3. are these clean cia? meaning that it can be installed in sysnand. or can be installed only on emunand?

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
You need your ticket.db including the buyed Stuff you want to dl and at least the titleid or type.

FunkyCIA2.py ticket.db -title 0004000000126800

0004000000126800 = Hokoboy - more info > http://3ds.essh.co/

or

FunkyCIA2.py ticket.db -type gameapp

for ALL games.

Shoot, that command you posted gives me "error: too few arguments"

Ra1d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
A quick question, if I buy a legit CIA using Rxtools on O3DS and dump it using FunkyCIA, will I be able to play it on my N3DS in sysNAND (non-GW mode) ?

Kazuma77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A quick question, if I buy a legit CIA using Rxtools on O3DS and dump it using FunkyCIA, will I be able to play it on my N3DS in sysNAND (non-GW mode) ?

LMFAO! Buy a legit CIA using rxTools? How would you do that exactly? NOTHING from the eShop can be made into a legit CIA. Only a pre-installed game can. You would have to buy the console with the game pre-installed and dump it. That's been done for all the pre-installed EUR and USA titles if you know where to look.

Kazuma77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know, use my master card, real money, that's right, not all games have to be pirated.:lol:

Well, if you want to buy legit CIAs, you'll have to buy each 3DS console that has the pre-installed game you want separately. Have fun. Personally as a REAL COLLECTOR, I wouldn't spend $200 a piece (average, some can go for much more if they're rare) for WORTHLESS FILES, when I can get game carts for much less. You want to move a game to your N3DS easily? Here's a much better concept. BUY THE CART. It actually has a resale value even. Again, since it failed to register the first time apparently, NOTHING FROM THE ESHOP CAN BE CONVERTED INTO A LEGIT CIA.

Kazuma77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What are you talking about ? A regular e-Shop game, even as popular as Pokemon costs 50$

What about the fact that you can't create a legit CIA from an eShop purchase aren't you getting? They can only be created from pre-installed games. Those only come on 3DS consoles. Therefore, to buy a legit CIA is to buy a 3DS console.

Also, anyone that would waste $50 on a file they can't even resell is a damn fool. Period. Just buy the cart if you want to move games between consoles. Never mind actually have something collectable.

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
LMFAO! Buy a legit CIA using rxTools? How would you do that exactly? NOTHING from the eShop can be made into a legit CIA. Only a pre-installed game can. You would have to buy the console with the game pre-installed and dump it. That's been done for all the pre-installed EUR and USA titles if you know where to look.

'legit' just means the signature matches up to the contents.
not the 'univeral' legit cias you are thinking of, that are legit for every console.
the cia he is talking about is only signed for his console.

Ra1d - you can make a legit cia for your purchase, but since you want to run it on another 3ds, it will not work :)
and at the moment we cannot install the personal legit cias anyway...

Reactions: Ra1d

Kazuma77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
'legit' just means the signature matches up to the contents.
not the 'univeral' legit cias you are thinking of, that are legit for every console.
the cia he is talking about is only signed for his console.

Ra1d - you can make a legit cia for your purchase, but since you want to run it on another 3ds, it will not work :)
and at the moment we cannot install the personal legit cias anyway...

We both know what most people mean when they say "legit CIA" though. Based on what he was saying, it did sound like he was wanting to create a universal legit CIA. That's currently not possible. It's not even possible to use what you're referring to at this time, either. Now of course, if he had been wanting to run it in SysNAND on the same device, he could use the original eShop download and inject his ticket.db in to SysNAND (until rxTools fixes that, you'd have to use the lengthy method that decrypts the entire FAT16 partitions of both NANDS, though).

Forget about that though, I want to know one thing:

if needed (i guess if you do not have a real ticket to be used), a fake ticket could be created with the encrypted title key, this way the key never needs to be decrypted on the 3ds...

That's a comment you made in reply to a modified 3DNUS someone made (I've contacted them but received no reply). If you can add such a feature to FunkyCIA, I could use it. There's something the eShop won't let me download because the system I'm trying to do it with isn't an N3DS. If you have a way around that, please get back to me. PM me a link if you prefer not to release it publicly. I'd really rather not hard mod an N3DS if I don't have to. I ask this not just for myself, but on behalf of everyone who needs said update. You know I'll upload it for everyone if I can get it. Not here of course, but somewhere ;)

Ra1d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I was simply asking if it was possible to use a CIA/game you buy from e-Shop to use on a different console, because I was not sure how FunkyCIA worked, that's all, I know what a universal CIA is.

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
That's a comment you made in reply to a modified 3DNUS someone made (I've contacted them but received no reply). If you can add such a feature to FunkyCIA, I could use it. There's something the eShop won't let me download because the system I'm trying to do it with isn't an N3DS. If you have a way around that, please get back to me. PM me a link if you prefer not to release it publicly. I'd really rather not hard mod an N3DS if I don't have to. I ask this not just for myself, but on behalf of everyone who needs said update. You know I'll upload it for everyone if I can get it. Not here of course, but somewhere ;)
ok, sure it is possible, but in order to make a working cia, we would need to know the encrypted title key.
you can only find this from a real ticket from eshop.
so, if you buy mario kart 7 on the eshop, you will get a ticket and in the ticket is the real title key.
unless you have the title key for the content, you will not be able to use it.
if you have the title key, you probably have the ticket, so you don't need to make a fake ticket.
the only situation i can really think of is if someone is sharing the title keys from their own tickets... but that's a bit silly, they might as well share their tickets (with personal details removed i guess) -- but why share the tickets when you could just share the cia, and make it easier for everyone :)

I was simply asking if it was possible to use a CIA/game you buy from e-Shop to use on a different console, because I was not sure how FunkyCIA worked, that's all, I know what a universal CIA is.

it is possible to use the game on the other console, but yes, not without hacks.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
ok, sure it is possible, but in order to make a working cia, we would need to know the encrypted title key.
you can only find this from a real ticket from eshop.
so, if you buy mario kart 7 on the eshop, you will get a ticket and in the ticket is the real title key.
unless you have the title key for the content, you will not be able to use it.
if you have the title key, you probably have the ticket, so you don't need to make a fake ticket.
the only situation i can really think of is if someone is sharing the title keys from their own tickets... but that's a bit silly, they might as well share their tickets (with personal details removed i guess) -- but why share the tickets when you could just share the cia, and make it easier for everyone :)

it is possible to use the game on the other console, but yes, not without hacks.
Because keys are smaller and arguably less illegal, but that comes down to the debate of can a small bunch of digits really be owned, I think not, but that's a argument for another day :P

But also IMHO it would actually be better in the long run for a key db, sites that share such content are forever fighting the takedown requests on their uploads.....meaning uploading files again is a pita.......bunch of keys with a tool to auto pack to CIA would be 100 times easier and the actual content will always be available on ninty's server....plus faster DL speeds etc.....so truly keys are much better than CIA files

Even the legit cia's could be built from just the ticket

It could be a tiny program which you can freely choose what you want as a .cia rather than hunting down title updates etc, and when a new title update is out, simply get the new one, no waiting for someone to dump and upload.....so yeah keys IMHO would be much better with a proper tool to use them

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Because keys are smaller and arguably less illegal, but that come down to the debate of can a small bunch of digits really be owned, I think not, but that's a argument for another day :P

But also IMHO it would actually be better in the long run for a key db, sites that share such content are forever fighting the takedown requests on their uploads.....meaning uploading files again is a pita.......bunch of keys with a tool to auto pack to CIA would be 100 times easier and the actual content will always be available on ninty's server....plus faster DL speeds etc.....so truly keys are much better than CIA files

sure i can agree, if you replace keys, with the tickets :)

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
sure i can agree, if you replace keys, with the tickets :)
Well yeah, but still you can get pretty much the same results by including the title key and then rebuilding from there......but sure tickets could also work but in some way taking that layer of encryption away also make it easier for end users if they want to unpack games etc.....but I suppose using the original tickets keeps it a bit more "official"

But see wouldn't it be convenient to just be like here you go, super duper marioga bros here is the code 123456778912356

Drop it into the program and out plops a usable CIA

Reactions: cearp

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Don't make Barbie put a cigarette out on your nipples!