Hacking [Release] FunkyCIA2 - build CIAs from your eShop content. Super easy and fast! (**2.1 FIX!**)

Garou

Trophies
XP
Country
so i have made cia of my installed eshop games using this tool, and i have a few questions

1. all these cia that created, do they have anything that links to my NNID, my system or anything unique related to me?
2. can they be installed on other systems without issue (just like those cia from scene dumps)
3. are these clean cia? meaning that it can be installed in sysnand. or can be installed only on emunand? correction: can it be installed and run without gateway or not?

i think this post of mine here went unnoticed :)

anybody can give me the answers for these?

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
so i have made cia of my installed eshop games using this tool, and i have a few questions

1. all these cia that created, do they have anything that links to my NNID, my system or anything unique related to me?
2. can they be installed on other systems without issue (just like those cia from scene dumps)
3. are these clean cia? meaning that it can be installed in sysnand. or can be installed only on emunand?

1. by default, your console id is blocked out, don't worry.
2. yes, this is the best way to make 'warez' cias (best way to make any cia, if i say so myself) ;)
3. you can make 'clean' cleans, but then your console id won't be blocked out, and it will only work on your console in sysnand, otherwise you will need hacks to load it. ---- and currently we cannot install these cias

Reactions: Garou

Garou

Trophies
XP
Country
1. by default, your console id is blocked out, don't worry.
2. yes, this is the best way to make 'warez' cias (best way to make any cia, if i say so myself) ;)
3. you can make 'clean' cleans, but then your console id won't be blocked out, and it will only work on your console in sysnand, otherwise you will need hacks to load it. ---- and currently we cannot install these cias
Hey, thanks a lot. Very much appreciate it

Reactions: Margen67 and cearp

Razor83

Trophies
XP
Country
UPDATE - FunkyCIA "2.1":
I fixed the creation of legit preinstalled CIAs... my silly mistake... sorry for the time wasted and any frustration when people could not get it to work before!
Does this mean all the legit CIA's released before now need to be redumped?

VerseHell

Trophies
XP
Country
France

Attachments

• make_cdn_cia.zip
    25 KB · Views: 265
Reactions: Margen67

keven3477

Fresh Prince of Lemonade
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can anyone tell me how to open funkycia2, I finnaly got ticket.db and already have python installed but every time I open it a cmd window opens with stuff written and instantly closes before I can read anything.
can I get some help?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
can anyone tell me how to open funkycia2, I finnaly got ticket.db and already have python installed but every time I open it a cmd window opens with stuff written and instantly closes before I can read anything.
can I get some help?
you need to open the command line tool in the directory then type in the required command, assuming your on windows, just hold shift and rightclick on the funkycia folder pick "open command window here" next type in the command you need for example if you wanted to to dump say pokemon x it would be
Code:
funkycia2 ticket.db -title 0004000000055D00
if it was a pre-installed copy of pokemon x it would be
Code:
funkycia2 ticket.db -title 0004000000055D00 -preinstalled
if it was a copy you bought from eshop and you wanted to try installing it to sysnand it would be (this is only apparently doable on PBT on 4.x)
Code:
funkycia2 ticket.db -title 0004000000055D00 -personal
and if you just wanted to dump all the eshop games you have on your system in one go it would be
Code:
funkycia2 ticket.db -type gameapp

that covers most uses for funkycia

Reactions: keven3477

keven3477

Fresh Prince of Lemonade
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i managed to get it to run but after I let the dlc download 115 files and finishing (mewtwo ssb dlc) a window appears saying make_cdn_cia stoped working and ask me to close the program, it dosent close my command prompt and continues running, I checked for the cia but its 0 bytes, can I get more help

p.s um ising code FunkyCIA2.PY ticket.db -type dlc -personal and before anyone asks I am aware its downloading multiple dlc and mewtwo dlc is 0004008c000edf00

Garou

Trophies
XP
Country
i managed to get it to run but after I let the dlc download 115 files and finishing (mewtwo ssb dlc) a window appears saying make_cdn_cia stoped working and ask me to close the program, it dosent close my command prompt and continues running, I checked for the cia but its 0 bytes, can I get more help

p.s um ising code FunkyCIA2.PY ticket.db -type dlc -personal and before anyone asks I am aware its downloading multiple dlc and mewtwo dlc is 0004008c000edf00
use the latest make_cdn_cia from this post?
happens to me as well and I literally testing it right now to see if it works

anyhow, currently I'm having lots of crashes with the FunkyCIA script as well. mostly due to my unstable network I would suppose

Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):bytes (96.43%)
  File "FunkyCIA2.py", line 404, in <module>
    chunk_read(response, outfname, report_hook=chunk_report)
  File "FunkyCIA2.py", line 54, in chunk_read
    chunk = response.read(chunk_size)
  File "C:\Path\To\Python27\lib\socket.py", line 380, in read
    data = self._sock.recv(left)
  File "C:\Path\To\Python27\lib\httplib.py", line 561, in read

s = self.fp.read(amt)
  File "C:\Path\To\Python27\lib\socket.py", line 380, in read
    data = self._sock.recv(left)
socket.error: [Errno 10054] An existing connection was forcibly closed by the re
mote host

Reactions: keven3477

keven3477

Fresh Prince of Lemonade
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry that I keep bothering everybody but something else happened.
when I installed the cia using funkycia (wich were 114 files instead of 115) that was supposed to be mewtwo, I somehow got protoman's and x's dlc costumes that I haven't even bought yet.
I didn't mind that, however it was supposed to be mewtwo but I cant seem to find him at all,
can I get even more help?

p.s I did have some problems installing the cia, when I tried installing it from devmenu it loaded 5% but then said cia is invalid so I used my big red menu app to install it which I only had problems for the first time by scrolling the cia list

minexew

ayy lmao
Trophies
XP
Country

Has anybody tried installing them using FBI?
I mean, the eShop app has to install them somehow, right?

mid-kid

GBAtemp spamBOT
Trophies
XP
Country
when I installed the cia using funkycia (wich were 114 files instead of 115) that was supposed to be mewtwo, I somehow got protoman's and x's dlc costumes that I haven't even bought yet.
I didn't mind that, however it was supposed to be mewtwo but I cant seem to find him at all,

p.s I did have some problems installing the cia, when I tried installing it from devmenu it loaded 5% but then said cia is invalid so I used my big red menu app to install it which I only had problems for the first time by scrolling the cia list

Whurp? I've just checked and I'm downloading the DLC without having even bought it (0004008c000ee000).
I'm going to dump with -personal and try to install next to my legit CIA.
Also, it shouldn't say the CIA is invalid. Try downloading it again.

EDIT: I've also somehow been able to download DLCs for seel diver, ironfall, and 2 other unknown things (probably 228 is mii plaza).

keven3477

Fresh Prince of Lemonade
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

dose anybody know if its safe for me to upgrade my emunand to 9.6 for rx tools and visit the dlc store for smash when I just got a dlc I didn't pay for

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Has anybody tried installing them using FBI?
I mean, the eShop app has to install them somehow, right?

it's not about the cia install app/FBI (unless using it with the new included kernel hacking changes things, i doubt it) -- it's a firmware limitation.
pbt cfw patches enough stuff to allow the cias to install.
by default FunkyCIA gives you permission for all dlc, even if you have not bought it all

mid-kid

GBAtemp spamBOT
Trophies
XP
Country
Huh, even as a personal DLC CIA, I haven't been able to unlock mewtwo by installing it.
I honestly wonder why. Is it that patch that is applied by FunkyCIA? I'm now unable to enter the DLC shop (not that I care) "An error has occurred (009-4900)".

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Ello