Hacking [Release] FunkyCIA2 - build CIAs from your eShop content. Super easy and fast! (**2.1 FIX!**)

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Maybe users of complicated distros like Arch Linux, where you need to use the terminal just to install it, but Ubuntu and Linux Mint users prefer simplicity.

Anyway, I finally fixed your program. I just added two lines and a binary built for Linux 32 bit.
Tested on Ubuntu 14.04 32 bit and 15.04 64 bit.
It shouldn't break compatibility with OS X and Windows, but I can't test it right now. Please test it and add to the first post, and get it done, once and for all ;)
If a Linux user wants to build it so badly, then let them delete it and build it again :lol:

fixed my program? i think what i do is load the exe if you are on windows, so if you are on linux you could just replace the make_cdn_cia binary without having to make any changes at all to FunkyCIA

nastys

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
fixed my program? i think what i do is load the exe if you are on windows, so if you are on linux you could just replace the make_cdn_cia binary without having to make any changes at all to FunkyCIA
The same goes for OS X, then. Would you like to be forced to replace make_cdn_cia.exe with a binary you have to build yourself? Of course it's possible, but even if the user knows how, it's still a waste of time...
By fixed I don't really mean "fixed", but "added support for make_cdn_CIA_linux32 on Linux", so that it supports all OSes out of the box, saving a lot of time. I hope you understand and don't take it badly. I still love your work ;)

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
The same goes for OS X, then. Would you like to be forced to replace make_cdn_cia.exe with a binary you have to build yourself? Of course it's possible, but even if the user knows how, it's still a waste of time...
By fixed I don't really mean "fixed", but "added support for make_cdn_CIA_linux32 on Linux", so that it supports all OSes out of the box, saving a lot of time. I hope you understand and don't take it badly. I still love your work ;)

hey no problem at all, i'm not upset!

Reactions: nastys

nastys

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
hey no problem at all, i'm not upset!
Glad you're not :lol:
If you don't really want to add those two lines of code to your program, could you at least add this precompiled binary to the first post? It would save many users (like me and shadowofdarkness) a lot of time...
To be honest at first I didn't even know make_cdn_cia and such tools were open source...

Attachments

• make_cdn_cia-linux.zip
    6.2 KB · Views: 129

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Glad you're not :lol:
If you don't really want to add those two lines of code to your program, could you at least add this precompiled binary to the first post? It would save many users (like me and shadowofdarkness) a lot of time...
To be honest at first I didn't even know make_cdn_cia and such tools were open source...

i'm going to add a little update this week i think, and i'll include the newest version of make_cdn_cia and add a little linux support for it or something (to keep you sweet) ha!

Reactions: nastys

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Is there any new way of getting the ticket.db on an N3DS 9.0 since rxTools doesn't work on the N3DS yet?

if you have cubic ninja you can use decryt9 and generate your fat16 xorpad. then you can decrypt your dumped nand and get the ticket.db

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you have cubic ninja you can use decryt9 and generate your fat16 xorpad. then you can decrypt your dumped nand and get the ticket.db

I do have Cubic Ninja. Got it for $5 at GameStop before they jacked it up to $40. It has 427 xorpads to create. This will take awhile.

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
427? there is just one xorpad, the fat16/ctr/nand whatever it is called in decrypt9

I'm doing the contents of the SD Card too. I should say I was until I dropped my N3DS on the floor and the battery fell out. I want to make some CIA files to install on my emuNand so I don't get the never-ending Unwrapping.

EDIT: Quick question. Do I have to generate a new NAND Xorpad every time I add a new title I want to extract or will the old one do?

Also how do I decrypt the dumped NAND?

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
I'm doing the contents of the SD Card too. I should say I was until I dropped my N3DS on the floor and the battery fell out. I want to make some CIA files to install on my emuNand so I don't get the never-ending Unwrapping.

EDIT: Quick question. Do I have to generate a new NAND Xorpad every time I add a new title I want to extract or will the old one do?

Also how do I decrypt the dumped NAND?

the nand xorpad is good for all time

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just wish there was a way to get the ticket.db without needing Windows as I am a Mac OS X guy and hate having to run a Windows Virtual Machine just to do this. Sure the python script runs fine in Mac OS X but you still need to run some windows only apps to extract the ticket.db.

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
I just wish there was a way to get the ticket.db without needing Windows as I am a Mac OS X guy and hate having to run a Windows Virtual Machine just to do this. Sure the python script runs fine in Mac OS X but you still need to run some windows only apps to extract the ticket.db.

why do you need windows? i do all this on a mac

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
I tried once with 9.6 and downloaded up to 9.2. Can you update with the new csv files?

well the tool is not perfect bulletproof, but i hoped it would simply work with all the new csvs - it should.
but if there is a bug, then yes i guess it would not download properly. i can take a look

Reactions: pikatsu

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @AncientBoi, i also have the homebrew psp Port of cave story