ROM Hack [Release] FunKeyCIA - make GOOD cias from eshop content, no tickets needed!

SwingBlade

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Something is wrong with your FunKeyCIA file. It shouldn't have any lines declaring it as HTML! Try re-downloading the script from the OP using the "right-click > save as" method.

Thanks! That fixed things, I think I grabbed it from Github instead of the OP.

EDIT: Other issue resolved, I'm good and going now!

Last edited by SwingBlade,

ongo_gablogian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question. I made a cia of Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess Picross (0004000000186700) and installed it but it hangs on the 3DS boot screen. Usually you can fix this by visiting the page on the eShop, but this title doesn't actually have a page there. If anyone knows a fix please let me know.

Last edited by ongo_gablogian,

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So I gave the OP a read and I have NO IDEA what any of this title ID/encrypted ID stuff is.... Can anyone help out? I'd like to be able to use this thing just not sure how to do so.

I'd just like to know what these ticket things are all about and everything else detailed in the post, also, what is that other angel tool all about?

So many questions D:

The title id is one way (and the most important one) of identifying an [installable] software: FBI and many computer tools show them in their entirety, while DevMenu shows the "unique id", which are the five remaining rightmost digits of the title id after removing the last two!

The title key, well, think of it as a folder name. You cannot see the folders on Nintendo's servers, but you can enter an exact path (which contains key and id) to reach the files.

(This example is completely wrong in practice, but it's probably the easiest way to explain why you need both. Instead of typing in the key manually, as seen on the website that has a list of keys - first result on Bing for "3ds title key" with quotes - recent versions of Funkeycia can download their database so that you only need to manually enter a title id)

If your goal is to install the game "just once", don't care for having a copy on your computer, and it has an eShop page, you can also generate tickets (licenses) for the software you want, install them with FBI 2.0.5 or newer, search for them in the eShop and have them installed while you sleep like an original game!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

it hangs on the 3DS boot screen. Usually you can fix this by visiting the page on the eShop but this title donsen't actually have a page there. If anyone knows a fix please let me know.

Cryptofix it with decrypt9's "cia decryptor - full" option.

Of course you need to know its seed for this purpose: you will have to use PlaiCDN which has an option to download only the seeddb for a given title!

Reactions: ongo_gablogian

Fallen_Lucario

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The title id is one way (and the most important one) of identifying an [installable] software: FBI and many computer tools show them in their entirety, while DevMenu shows the "unique id", which are the five remaining rightmost digits of the title id after removing the last two!

The title key, well, think of it as a folder name. You cannot see the folders on Nintendo's servers, but you can enter an exact path (which contains key and id) to reach the files.

(This example is completely wrong in practice, but it's probably the easiest way to explain why you need both. Instead of typing in the key manually, as seen on the website that has a list of keys - first result on Bing for "3ds title key" with quotes - recent versions of Funkeycia can download their database so that you only need to manually enter a title id)

If your goal is to install the game "just once", don't care for having a copy on your computer, and it has an eShop page, you can also generate tickets (licenses) for the software you want, install them with FBI 2.0.5 or newer, search for them in the eShop and have them installed while you sleep like an original game!

Cryptofix it with decrypt9's "cia decryptor - full" option.

Of course you need to know its seed for this purpose: you will have to use PlaiCDN which has an option to download only the seeddb for a given title!

Ah okay so the title id is the identifier so to speak of a title, be it DLC/Game/ etc

and the title key is something necessary to access the titles from the eshop folders so you can download them fully. So if I had a title key for a game like Pokemon Y then I could use that to "unlock" the folder on nintendo's servers and gain access to it, correct?

So the tickets, are installed locally on your sd card, I assume they're like indicators which allow me to start a download? I feel like i'm getting tickets and title keys a bit messed up as the latter is still a bit abstract to me.

However, if I chose to generate tickets for a software, what would I need to do so? I'd like to be able to do so and understand the process.

Xenosaiga

Time to switch it up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah okay so the title id is the identifier so to speak of a title, be it DLC/Game/ etc

and the title key is something necessary to access the titles from the eshop folders so you can download them fully. So if I had a title key for a game like Pokemon Y then I could use that to "unlock" the folder on nintendo's servers and gain access to it, correct?

So the tickets, are installed locally on your sd card, I assume they're like indicators which allow me to start a download? I feel like i'm getting tickets and title keys a bit messed up as the latter is still a bit abstract to me.

However, if I chose to generate tickets for a software, what would I need to do so? I'd like to be able to do so and understand the process.
If you download the .tik file for something then you can use FBIv2 to install the .tik file and then go into the eshop and download that game without having to purchase.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yup, you don't need to keep the tickets on your SD after installing them, and you can generate some with Funkeycia
>> funkeycia -nfskeyfile -ticketsonly -title 0004... 0004... etc << for each game, or you can generate ALL of them with known keys by using Ciangel, pressing Y then B!

A ticket is basically a license, if you install a non-proper cia it will contain an invalid titlekey (that won't matter for running the software, as you're under cfw anyway, but will prevent redownloading or replacing it with another ticket unless it's manually removed)

Last edited by Ryccardo,

Fallen_Lucario

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yup, you don't need to keep the tickets on your SD after installing them, and you can generate some with Funkeycia
>> funkeycia -nfskeyfile -ticketsonly -title 0004... 0004... etc << for each game, or you can generate ALL of them with known keys by using Ciangel, pressing Y then B!

A ticket is basically a license, if you install a non-proper cia it will contain an invalid titlekey (that won't matter for running the software, as you're under cfw anyway, but will prevent redownloading or replacing it with another ticket unless it's manually removed)

I don't really know how to run funkeycia or ciangel as I was having trouble finding them on the OP , he said some download link was taken down... Sorry about seeming so nooby just I don't know how I would get started on generating my own .tik since some games i was looking for I can't find their .tik

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
I don't really know how to run funkeycia or ciangel as I was having trouble finding them on the OP , he said some download link was taken down... Sorry about seeming so nooby just I don't know how I would get started on generating my own .tik since some games i was looking for I can't find their .tik
nothing is taken down... the rleases are on github

Fallen_Lucario

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nothing is taken down... the rleases are on github
So funkey cia is a python thing? Do i need a particular version of python to run? I havent really worked with this sort of thing a lot so pardon me. I assume a command prompt opens up and I have to type in whatever command I need to generate a .tik file.

My question is what exactly do i need to do to generate a .tik file from a game so i can install it with fbi then download from eshop.

Also I did some installations with tickets yesterday, i put 12 tickets in a folder then had fbi install all of them. Pokemon omega ruby didnt want to finish downloading, I fixed it by deleting and installing the ticket but I'm wondering why that is, as other games havent given me that issue...

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
what exactly do i need to do to generate a .tik file from a game

Pokemon omega ruby didnt want to finish downloading, I fixed it by deleting and installing the ticket but I'm wondering why that is

All of cearp's programs work best with Python 2.7.x (the current version is 2.7.11, make sure you enable the optional "add to path" option in the installer), then:
-make sure you have make_cdn_cia in the same folder as Funkeycia
-open a command line (since Vista: shift + right click the folder; since 8, open the folder and click the file menu)
-find out some title ids you want tickets for
-type in, without quotes, "funkeycia -nfskeyfile -ticketsonly -title "
-type in the title ids as a 16-digit number (no dashes, no spaces inside a single titleid)
-press enter...!

Have you ever installed a cia of OR? Each cia includes a ticket which may be incorrect depending on how it was created! And tickets can never overwrite an already existing one unless it's manually removed :)

Reactions: cearp

Ekaitz

Redhead Believer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I finally understood the point of all those new tools.

I gave it a try, just generated a ticket and installed it with FBI. And it works just great, I can now download the content from eshop...

MurdererFight

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I get this error:

C:\Users\USER\Downloads\Keyscia>FunKeyCIA.py
FunKeyCIA by cearp

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\aless\Downloads\Keyscia\FunKeyCIA.py", line 292, in <module>
processContent(titlelist[0], arguments.key)
IndexError: list index out of range

Even with the full command. I have Windows 10 x64 and Python 2.7.11 32-bit (even with Python3, Python 2.7 and their 64 bit version doesn't work)

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yeah, what to do when you specify 0 arguments is undefined, try "funkeycia.py -h" to see the instructions :)

By the way, do you have a make_cdn_cia in the same folder (it will be needed soon)?

@cearp do you know if cryptofixing (full decryption) will replace the title key with an invalid one?

Amapola62

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Can anyone explain me in noob friendly terms how I could use this tool or CIAngel to download/install an as good as possible CIA version of Fire Emblem fates special edition and its DLC, once they are released in Europe?

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
remember
Yeah, what to do when you specify 0 arguments is undefined, try "funkeycia.py -h" to see the instructions :)

By the way, do you have a make_cdn_cia in the same folder (it will be needed soon)?

@cearp do you know if cryptofixing (full decryption) will replace the title key with an invalid one?
i shouldn't touch the ticket and key, although the key will not be important if the stuff is fully decrypted.
but still good to have the correct key because then it will interfere with the real encrypted stuff from ehop if you redownload, or updated, etc

I get this error:

C:\Users\USER\Downloads\Keyscia>FunKeyCIA.py
FunKeyCIA by cearp

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\aless\Downloads\Keyscia\FunKeyCIA.py", line 292, in <module>
processContent(titlelist[0], arguments.key)
IndexError: list index out of range

Even with the full command. I have Windows 10 x64 and Python 2.7.11 32-bit (even with Python3, Python 2.7 and their 64 bit version doesn't work)
you need to give some input, not just FunKeyCIA.py
i need to do more error checking and not just crash :)

Reactions: Ryccardo

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
shouldn't touch the ticket and key, although the key will not be important if the stuff is fully decrypted.
but still good to have the correct key because then it will interfere with the real encrypted stuff from ehop if you redownload, or updated, etc
Perfect, as my interest is indeed having a correct titlekey but at the same time something that can be installed without internet (to receive the seed)!

MurdererFight

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
remember

i shouldn't touch the ticket and key, although the key will not be important if the stuff is fully decrypted.

you need to give some input, not just FunKeyCIA.py
i need to do more error checking and not just crash :)

I did it with the full command (FunKeyCIA.py -title XXXX -key XXXX but it doesn't still work

Prince Frost

Trophies
XP
Country
I have both python 2.7 and python 3 on windows 10.
what you do for windows:
  • have both installed just because.
  • In the folder with the FunKey.py hold down shift key and the right click in the folder.
  • click on "Open command window here"
  • type: FunKeyCIA.py -title XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX -key XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
  • It should start downloading like that.
EDIT: I opened FunKey.py and saw it calls for Python 2.7 so there is that.

THANK YOU!!!! THIS REALLY HELP ME... A LOT!!!!!!:bow::bow::bow:

EDIT: welp, it help me though. But the result was CIA not created. And I think I'm missing a file called make_cdn_cia.exe where can I download that file? ^_^
cscs.png

EDIT2: Got worked. Now playing game and its very fine! Thank you for this! :yay3ds::bow::bow::bow:

Last edited by Prince Frost,
Reactions: cearp and Xenosaiga

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway