ROM Hack [Release] FunKeyCIA - make GOOD cias from eshop content, no tickets needed!

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
I think I remember seeing a tool that would give you keys from a cia but I don't remember which...
ctrtool can do it.
or FunkyCIA.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hmm, it looks like you can extract your ticket.db with FunkeyCIA but not extract the ticket from CIA you already have on your computer, is that right? No problem, I think I will install all the legit CIA on a 3DS, and then use FunkyCIA to get the tickets for later use/to share - maybe I'll be the first to upload them :-)
if you use -preinstalled, like you need to to dump from preinstalled tickets, it will work fine.
use the cia as instead instead of the ticket.db

but ctrtool is good too if you have it

chronoss

Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
Someone can help me please :

C:\FunKeyCIA-master>FunKeyCIA.py -title 000400000007d000 -key 93a56629a4e1bb4aa5
6086fbd03035e3
FunKeyCIA by cearp

Downloading TMD...
Downloaded TMD OK!
Downloading Contents...
Downloading 1 of 1. This file is 38.80 MB
Content download not correct sizeytes (51.04%)

Attempt 2 of 5
Downloaded 40689664 of 40689664 bytes (100.00%)

Title download complete

'make_cdn_cia.exe' n'est pas reconnu en tant que commande interne
ou externe, un programme exécutable ou un fichier de commandes.
CIA not created...

chronoss

Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
I host a copy of the fixed version in my DTK repo. https://github.com/justync7/DTK/raw/master/make_cdn_cia.exe
Thanks alot ;)

:)
also, this website has a search function!
I know but it's not easy :(

I host a copy of the fixed version in my DTK repo. https://github.com/justync7/DTK/raw/master/make_cdn_cia.exe
Thanks again, it create a cia now ;)

Last edited by chronoss,
Reactions: cearp

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
It must be
i can't install any cia downloaded, someone can help me please :(
you are sure you are using the right keys, encrypted key not decrypted? have you installed these games before?
you are using fbi? i recommend devmenu, i trust it more than fbi, i have personally had trouble with fbi but devmenu is always solid, it's made by nintendo right :)

Reactions: chronoss

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you are sure you are using the right keys, encrypted key not decrypted? have you installed these games before?
you are using fbi? i recommend devmenu, i trust it more than fbi, i have personally had trouble with fbi but devmenu is always solid, it's made by nintendo right :)
current FBI kicks ass and is solid as far as I can tell. DLC works now (unlike before), and just has many more features. Most failures now are because of bad tickets already installed, and FBI can take care of that. Devmenu cannot.

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
current FBI kicks ass and is solid as far as I can tell. DLC works now (unlike before), and just has many more features. Most failures now are because of bad tickets already installed, and FBI can take care of that. Devmenu cannot.
dlc didn't work before? that's strange. fbi is good for removing system stuff etc... sure
i tried to run the new version, the 3dsx, and it didn't work... just a blackscreen.
and the old version, some system titles i tried to uninstall i just got an error.
anyway, if you dont have problems great :) i guess the cia version is better than the 3dsx, i just don't usually install homebrew to my homemenu

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dlc didn't work before? that's strange.
What's strange is that it never even gave an error. DLC would always install without fail, but never show up in-game until installed with devmenu/bbm. That is no longer a problem, of course.

If you are using 9.3+, 3dsx is useless anyway (needs kernel hax to use the AM service). Best to stick with the .cia. That's what I always use.

Last edited by urherenow,

Ev1l0rd

(⌐◥▶◀◤) girl - noirscape
Trophies
Website
catgirlsin.space
XP
Country
Netherlands
So um... with everyone making their GUI for this utility, I sorta made my own.

It uses zenity and bash scripting, although I intent to make a version using dialog in the future.

I plan on releasing it soon, but I need some testers (mostly to see if my code works, or if I made mistakes).

It is Linux-exclusive. If you want to test, just grab the prerelease code and extract it somewhere. Then open up a Terminal and run ./gtkgui in the directory. If you run into errors, just report them on GitHub. Describe your steps exactly! (But don't give me your encTitleKey as that is illegal!) If I don't find or receive any bugs I will do a couple of final modifications to handle license reproduction and release it on 2nd of May. I will most likely create a serparate thread once the final release is out.

Pre-release link: https://github.com/ev1l0rd/FunKeyCIA-GTK-DIALOG/releases/tag/prerelease

GitHub issues link: https://github.com/ev1l0rd/FunKeyCIA-GTK-DIALOG/issues

Last edited by Ev1l0rd,

chronoss

Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
sorry, I used the decrypt key, it work now :)

@cearp : how to know if the game is for GB Color, SNES or other on this site : <snip>?

Last edited by raulpica, , Reason: READ THE RULES! -rp
Reactions: cearp

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: https://kotaku.com/nintendo-switch-yuzu-emulator-github-piracy-zelda-1851452740