Status
Not open for further replies.

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
i find that if you download without using the x button, you just download the game, no updates, and no dlc if applicable. shouldnt there be a button or something provided to download those if you ended up only getting the game?

I thought there is? Well, no button, but if you go to your downloads tab in Freeshop you can tap on "DLC" to download the applicable DLC? I haven't used this in a while but I recall doing something like that for a game I dl'ed from there.

Tecknogekko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I seem to have messed up. I tried to get a game off of an older sd card i used for my current 3ds by copying over/replacing the Nintendo 3ds folder. I didn't backup. All my games are still in the folder due to the sheer size of it but none are showing up on the homescreen. Any way to get them to show up again?

renatosk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So every game i try to download i get the message "Wrong title key" , luma is in the last firm and the option UNITINFO is not active , anyone know what i can do?

Edit: update the luma with luma 3ds and works

Last edited by renatosk,

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does the CDN hosts the latest version of the update with the same title key or does each update have its own title key?

It was my understanding that each new update on the CDN just uses the same title key and replaces the older update.

If the update changes without changing title key, does freeShop know when there's an update for the update?

McWhiters9511

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I seem to have messed up. I tried to get a game off of an older sd card i used for my current 3ds by copying over/replacing the Nintendo 3ds folder. I didn't backup. All my games are still in the folder due to the sheer size of it but none are showing up on the homescreen. Any way to get them to show up again?
copying over the folder to transfer games doesnt work. if that did folders would be distributed allover online. if your 3ds has a cfw us re-download them or if you still have the nnid (if you bought them) just redownload from there

TheCruel

Developer
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does the CDN hosts the latest version of the update with the same title key or does each update have its own title key?

It was my understanding that each new update on the CDN just uses the same title key and replaces the older update.

If the update changes without changing title key, does freeShop know when there's an update for the update?
Updates use the same title id, but the version number for that title is incremented.

freeShop doesn't check for title version updates. It would have to hit the CDN for every title installed which I'm not sure I want to do atm. However, the Home Menu usually checks. If Home Menu says there's an update, but freeShop shows the update as being installed, you just have to delete the update and reinstall it (pressing the trash can icon will delete it).

Reactions: Darukeru

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Updates use the same title id, but the version number for that title is incremented.

freeShop doesn't check for title version updates. It would have to hit the CDN for every title installed which I'm not sure I want to do atm. However, the Home Menu usually checks. If Home Menu says there's an update, but freeShop shows the update as being installed, you just have to delete the update and reinstall it (pressing the trash can icon will delete it).

I usually press Y to update. I guess having an update button would be just extra work since we can just hit the update to delete and hit it again to install it.

TheCruel

Developer
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I usually press Y to update. I guess having an update button would be just extra work since we can just hit the update to delete and hit it again to install it.
Ya, some people don't like using eShop or are banned. And I'm not sure how Home Menu menu checks for updates on titles of other regions, I haven't checked, but I hope it works.

Reactions: GilgameshArcher

MeatieMeat

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok weird issue whenever I use freeshop to download a game I either lose the connection to the internet or it gets really bad also I have 2 3ds's and when I try to download a game on both which ever one is started 2nd will just keep saying rety 1-2-3 etc. I know this has to be an issue with my router but any ideas how to fix or what it could be?

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an issue that I'm not sure and I'm not sure if this can be fixed. I downloaded Super Mario Kart on my Japanese n3DS (Luma v6.6+A9LH, Sys 11.2), and not only did it not show everything in the top screen (on the Home Menu, see attached photo), when opened it loaded for a split second, then crashed and rebooted the system. Redownloading the game did nothing. However, Super Mario World started without issues.

EDIT: Okay, just did a test on my US n3DS (same setup as above) and it shows what it's supposed to on the Home Menu, and the game loaded without issues. What in the world?

Is it just this game or what?

Attachments

• HNI_0057.JPG
    HNI_0057.JPG
    40.5 KB · Views: 186
Last edited by KunoichiZ,

Deleted member 330833

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Without a backup, I think you are out of luck. There is a way to manually merge sd cards (I've done it before), but it's a bit of a pain to do. Here's an example on how it works, for future reference.

I'm just assuming that no sysnand hacks interfere with this method.

Last edited by Deleted member 330833,

ethanwdp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
For some reason each game I try to download fails immediately when added to the cache. The error has no error code, all it says is "Failed: (whatever game I'm trying to install here)" without additional information. I am on a 9.2.0 o3DS with A9LH and the latest version of Luma, which I homebrewed a few days ago by following Phialect's guide to a T.

I've tried downloading several games now, ranging from 3GB to 48MB, and all of them failed instantly. There is space left on my SD card, I have tried both the titlekeys from the encUpdater (launched it, exited, turned off 3DS and plugged SD card into PC. moved the bin from sd/freeshop to 3ds/data/freeshop/keys), and from a link (the one from the title keys website). Before every attempt I had deleted SD/3ds/data/freeshop/cache, /tmp/, and queue.json along with the contents of /keys/ (but I did not remove /keys/ itself) to ensure that I wasn't missing any loose ends.

I have searched on this thread and on Google. The only result I can find that is related to my problem is a support ticket from freeShop's github. According to the users in that thread, deleting /tmp/ worked wonders and the issue was fixed in a newer update. Seeing as how the post is several months old, I believe it is safe to assume that whatever that similar issue was has been fixed.

This is where I am confused. I am on the latest version of freeShop, seeing as I have downloaded the latest version from the github linked in the OP & installed it about an hour ago. To make sure of this, I disabled the auto update in the settings, clicked "refresh cache," and once freeShop restarted I had gone into the same tab and clicked "update." I'm still getting the same error, and after doing all that I can do fix the problem I have decided to ask for support here. Apologies if this issue has already been brought up somewhat recently, I might have missed a few things while looking through the 7 pages which were brought up by filtering "failed."

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
For some reason each game I try to download fails immediately when added to the cache. The error has no error code, all it says is "Failed: (whatever game I'm trying to install here)" without additional information. I am on a 9.2.0 o3DS with A9LH and the latest version of Luma, which I homebrewed a few days ago by following Phialect's guide to a T.

I've tried downloading several games now, ranging from 3GB to 48MB, and all of them failed instantly. There is space left on my SD card, I have tried both the titlekeys from the encUpdater (launched it, exited, turned off 3DS and plugged SD card into PC. moved the bin from sd/freeshop to 3ds/data/freeshop/keys), and from a link (the one from the title keys website). Before every attempt I had deleted SD/3ds/data/freeshop/cache, /tmp/, and queue.json along with the contents of /keys/ (but I did not remove /keys/ itself) to ensure that I wasn't missing any loose ends.

I have searched on this thread and on Google. The only result I can find that is related to my problem is a support ticket from freeShop's github. According to the users in that thread, deleting /tmp/ worked wonders and the issue was fixed in a newer update. Seeing as how the post is several months old, I believe it is safe to assume that whatever that similar issue was has been fixed.

This is where I am confused. I am on the latest version of freeShop, seeing as I have downloaded the latest version from the github linked in the OP & installed it about an hour ago. To make sure of this, I disabled the auto update in the settings, clicked "refresh cache," and once freeShop restarted I had gone into the same tab and clicked "update." I'm still getting the same error, and after doing all that I can do fix the problem I have decided to ask for support here. Apologies if this issue has already been brought up somewhat recently, I might have missed a few things while looking through the 7 pages which were brought up by filtering "failed."
What if you delete all those files and use the QR code on the titlekeys site in the Update tab of freeShop's settings to do the auto update? That's what everyone else does and it works.

ethanwdp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What if you delete all those files and use the QR code on the titlekeys site in the Update tab of freeShop's settings to do the auto update? That's what everyone else does and it works.
Yup. I deleted /data/ from the 3ds folder, put SD card back in, scanned QR code in freeshop, turned off 3DS and turned it back on. Titlekeys were there (like before), downloads still failed.

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yup. I deleted /data/ from the 3ds folder, put SD card back in, scanned QR code in freeshop, turned off 3DS and turned it back on. Titlekeys were there (like before), downloads still failed.
Make sure you aren't using a DNS server that blocks Nintendo's servers either on your 3DS or on your router.

Reactions: Quantumcat
D

Deleted User

Honestly, I'd love if the dev could add a way for us to get updates, as i'm currently banned and can't get updates anymore. I'm sure there is plenty of people in the same boat aswell.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Honestly, I'd love if the dev could add a way for us to get updates, as i'm currently banned and can't get updates anymore. I'm sure there is plenty of people in the same boat aswell.
You can already get updates. Go to the currently installed section and it gives you the option to get DLC or updates if available.

Reactions: Deleted User

ethanwdp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Make sure you aren't using a DNS server that blocks Nintendo's servers either on your 3DS or on your router.
Yeah I feel like a dolt right now. A couple of months ago I tried to do browserhax when the tubehax DNS servers just happened to be down, so I ended up getting nagged (10.7.32u at the time) and promptly forgot about the DNS settings I did. No wonder why nothing would download, I had blocked the very servers I was trying to download from.

Thank you so much, it works just fine now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It must be the 1st already
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    1st of what?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    may?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh yeah it's in September
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, yea i think its different
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ok, because here it's in september, right before the fuckin school year starts
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
    TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands: I appreciate the insight!