❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
Does that mean there is no need to follow this guide:
http://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial...-tickets-for-eshop-downloads-per-game.426478/

as both methods (using CIAngel to get the good tickets and then downloading from eshop directly vs freeshop download) will download from the same source? :D not sure what CDN means heh.
CDN = content delivery network; a dedicated server specifically used for delivering content. In my opinion, freeShop is much more convenient, but it really doesn't matter since they both essentially achieve the same goal.

MarzDaindigo

Indigo Marz - No HooX
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So is there a way to make the games downloaded from freeshop show up on my legit eshop as purchased to be able to "own" it on my account?

MarzDaindigo

Indigo Marz - No HooX
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok i had games downloaded and i went to HBL and remembered to backup my SD took my sd card out did the backup decided to format then recopy everything so why dont the freeshop games show back up? I even had to reinstall my cias...

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
Ok i had games downloaded and i went to HBL and remembered to backup my SD took my sd card out did the backup decided to format then recopy everything so why dont the freeshop games show back up? I even had to reinstall my cias...
Did you just format the card or did you format your NAND as well?

MarzDaindigo

Indigo Marz - No HooX
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unrelated question...im looking for project x zone 2 but cant find it, i see the 1st game but its says demo so theres no way to get it besides "that iso site"?

vvvwwww

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having major issues with freeshop on one of my 3ds. I download about 10gb worth of stuff today with it and it was fine. After about that much though is refuses to download anything. It goes through getting tickets and tmd then it just sits at the download screen and keeps retrying. I thought it might be a network issue but I used my other 3ds to access freeshop and download games just fine. It did freeze on a download of a game. Are there some temp files or something I need to delete? Very confused as of now. Also my SD card is nowhere near full I have about 100gb free.

4gionz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm having major issues with freeshop on one of my 3ds. I download about 10gb worth of stuff today with it and it was fine. After about that much though is refuses to download anything. It goes through getting tickets and tmd then it just sits at the download screen and keeps retrying. I thought it might be a network issue but I used my other 3ds to access freeshop and download games just fine. It did freeze on a download of a game. Are there some temp files or something I need to delete? Very confused as of now. Also my SD card is nowhere near full I have about 100gb free.
Um you have a 128gb card where did you buy it? It may be fake

vvvwwww

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought a samsung evo from best buy I really doubt it is fake. Also I just retried the download and it is working now but EXTREMELY slow at 43kbps while my other 3ds right next to it downloading the same game is download it at nearly 1000kbps

edit: download got too slow and went back to retrying... other 3ds is still downloading normally

Last edited by vvvwwww,

TheCruel

Developer
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the speed dips down too low, it can mistakenly think it's timed out and retry (usually if it gets close to 25 Kb/s. I added download configuration for people that have a slow connection for whatever reason.

Go to download settings and change buffer size to 64 KB and change timeout value to max (I think 12s), then retry the download. Those values should be good for you. You don't have to start from the beginning to retry just restart freeShop and it should pick up where it left off (unless it crashes or something).

Last edited by TheCruel,
Reactions: vvvwwww

vvvwwww

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the speed dips down too low, it can mistakenly think it's timed out and retry (usually if it gets close to 25 Kb/s. I added download configuration for people that have a slow connection for whatever reason.

Go to download settings and change buffer size to 64 KB and change timeout value to max (I think 12s), then retry the download. Those values should be good for you. You don't have to start from the beginning to retry just restart freeShop and it should pick up where it left off (unless it crashes or something).

I ended up trying another title (kid icarus) and it is working normally again, however when I try to redownload the game that I cancelled (fantasy life) it does the same error even with the download configuration set to your specs. Is there maybe an old file or something I need to delete? Thanks for your help:)

edit: the download slowed back down to like 50 kbps and keeps stalling, ran a speedtest just to make sure my internet was fine and it is. Downloaded another game with the other 3ds normally (800-1300kbps) and easily however the other one maxes at around 180kbps and is steadily at 60kbps. Is there some sort of cap on how much you can download in a day or something?

Last edited by vvvwwww,

TheCruel

Developer
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't tried downloading two games at the same time with same IP, the CDN could be limiting you. I don't think there's much more you can do. You could lower buffer size even more in settings and restart freeShop again, but when it's too low is lowers the max speed you can achieve, and if it's a server-side limit then that's not the proper fix anyways.

vvvwwww

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't tried downloading two games at the same time with same IP, the CDN could be limiting you. I don't think there's much more you can do. You could lower buffer size even more in settings and restart freeShop again, but when it's too low is lowers the max speed you can achieve, and if it's a server-side limit then that's not the proper fix anyways.

Alright thank you again, also thanks for this app its amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :O:ohnoes::lol::rofl::rofl2: