ROM Hack [Release] Fire Emblem Fates Custom Paralogues

scorcher9009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's Nichol's secondary class? Cavalier? Also, if you do end up making a Kumagera paralogue, he should totally have Monk as his secondary class, to get Countermagic on lower difficulties. :P

thane98

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's Nichol's secondary class? Cavalier? Also, if you do end up making a Kumagera paralogue, he should totally have Monk as his secondary class, to get Countermagic on lower difficulties. :P
Looking back at it, I don't think that Nichol has a secondary class at the moment. His only option when reclassing is Wyvern Lord. I can take a look at giving him a secondary class when I get back to development on this project.

scorcher9009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, also, you could also give him a Tertiary class if you wanted. It'd help bolster what skills he can have. :P

Also I think his Personal Skill should be something OTHER than Def +2, like, maybe Opportunist. XD

Last edited by scorcher9009,

scorcher9009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree, as it is, Candace is the worst unit in the game, in my opinion. Also, I don't think Haitaka should be Conquest exclusive, but that's probably just me.

scorcher9009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess, but hey, it'd be more aesthetically pleasing than having them randomly join your army with no in-game explanation whatsoever. :P

thane98

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, would you consider giving a non-capturable boss their own paralogue? Like Zola or Omozu?
I had an idea for a Zola paralogue, but adding him in would require a lot more work than adding a paralogue for one of the capturable bosses. In order for a unit to join your army permanently, they need to have a block in GameData.bin. As Zola doesn't have one, I would essentially have to rip apart the file in order to make space for Zola. It's possible, but I'm not planning on attempting it at the moment.

DeathChaos

Unmei wo koeru!
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
I had an idea for a Zola paralogue, but adding him in would require a lot more work than adding a paralogue for one of the capturable bosses. In order for a unit to join your army permanently, they need to have a block in GameData.bin. As Zola doesn't have one, I would essentially have to rip apart the file in order to make space for Zola. It's possible, but I'm not planning on attempting it at the moment.
Another thing is, for some reason, GameData enforces a Character ID order.

I once tried changing the character ID of a Bond Unit and the game would simply crash and not load, just for changing a character ID.

Omegablu

We shall not yield to the Kingdom of Nohr!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A slightly easier way to do that would be to have the user to have to install my dlc before playing the paralogue, but that would make this patch cfw only.

thane98

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another thing is, for some reason, GameData enforces a Character ID order.

I once tried changing the character ID of a Bond Unit and the game would simply crash and not load, just for changing a character ID.
I recall dealing with something similar in event files. You had to keep event IDs in order or the map would crash during loading. It's not a particularly difficult limitation to deal with, but it can be annoying.

A slightly easier way to do that would be to have the user to have to install my dlc before playing the paralogue, but that would make this patch cfw only.
I considered that at one point, but I'd prefer to keep the hack open to anyone with homebrew access if possible. Truth is, I'll probably try and repoint the character table programmatically at some point. I actually repointed the chapter table in that way for this hack, so doing it for another table wouldn't be impossible. There's just a lot more to keep track of when moving the character table.

Omegablu

We shall not yield to the Kingdom of Nohr!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I considered that at one point, but I'd prefer to keep the hack open to anyone with homebrew access if possible. Truth is, I'll probably try and repoint the character table programmatically at some point. I actually repointed the chapter table in that way for this hack, so doing it for another table wouldn't be impossible. There's just a lot more to keep track of when moving the character table.
Yeah, I thought that you'd dislike the idea of restricting the map to cfw-only.

thane98

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are there perhaps any... Unused blocks in GameData.bin?
There's plenty of unused space, but that doesn't matter. The blocks inside the character table must be together - I can't simply jump to the end of the file and make a new character block. Any additional characters that we want to add must go after the previous entry. However, the space that we'd like to use for that is currently occupied, requiring us to go the long way of moving the entire table somewhere else.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Texasauras why did you start a thread, ignored all the answers there, then come here to chat and ask the same thing. You gotta be like 12, bro
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Biker Mice from Mars needed a Sequel, Angry Hamsters from Uranus
  • T @ Texasauras:
    uh bro i was just asking have you seen these, help me look
  • T @ Texasauras:
    its on amazon
    Download Batocera make it your own
    +1
    If you want GC PS2 Wii stuff like that use a PC
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, i also use my tv stick to watch YouTube and streaming services
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Psi those play well on the Pi5 now...
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty yep that's what I use my stick for most anymore, streaming tv shows, movies. or even youtube. Or doing kens mum.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    RG Cube is going to be good for ps2 if it's $100
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, and since the default emulator is below average i downloaded some "replacements" like snes9x for snes games for example
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    And I also have my ps3
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea ps3 is a beast still to today compared to most "sticks"
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you just want pi for emulation no point when Anbernic releases new shit every two seconds
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What's really cool about Pi's tho is you can have multiple SD cards with different OS on each SD card and change from say a gaming machine to a full fledged pc if wanted
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Plus all bios are set up and usually includes at least 128gbs or 64
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah but if your main goal is just to play n64 and GameCube you can save about $50 and have the portability option
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, but on 2 monitors at 4k. Its just want you want really, to each they own.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    For a kids aspect Anbernic would be the better option they'd probably melt over the price on a good 4k display
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    For that texasroo guy, I'd recommend the Spell and speak as his first system.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    So they buy a pi5 kit for about $150 and say a 28" 4k display probably looking around $400 total
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll be getting in the territory of portable Pcs anyway
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Again you get what you pay for, its like buying a S series for $300 but its only 1440p native, if you want true 4k, gotta get the X model for $500. But yea you right, when moms buying it anyways, you gotta stay cheap.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They could use HD out on their TV no real need for a monitor these days tbh the purists will disagree
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: They could use HD out on their TV no real need for a monitor these days tbh the purists will...