ROM Hack [Release] Fire Emblem Fates Custom Paralogues

thane98

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, I just remembered, have you taken a look at that reddit post I shared a few pages ago where I shared my ideas of what reclass options the Capturable Bosses would have? It can give you a good a idea of what reclass options you can give to the characters you plan on making paralogues for.
I saw it a little while back. I'll consider it when I'm going through and adding in the secondary classes.

thane98

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought that I'd go ahead and give everyone an update on the status of the hack right now since it's been sitting in limbo for a little while now.

Haitaka's paralogue is just about finished. I still need to fix some spacing issues in the map text and finish up the My Castle dialogue, but neither of those things should take long. If everything goes well with testing, then I might get the update out at some point tomorrow.

thane98

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ackZczZ.png
UmLnuE3.png
DLDJyDm.png

Okay, the update's finally arrived! You can get the new update from the main post. Here's everything that's been added in:
  • Added in a new recruitment paralogue for Haitaka. The paralogue is Conquest exclusive, and unlocks after Chapter 11.
  • Added in supports for Haitaka as well as My Castle dialogue.
  • Lots of changes under the hood. The character table has been moved, allowing for new characters to be added to the game. This could allow for paralogues for characters like Zola in the future.
  • Updated the readme with some basic installation and compatibility information.
I haven't had the time to go through every piece of dialogue in game, so you may spot a couple typos or text errors in game. If you see anything odd, feel free to report it here - I'll try and push out an update to fix the issue as soon as I can.

I'm also still looking for submissions for support dialogue if anyone's interested in writing. I've received a submission for Nichol's C-A support with Silas, but I have nothing else at the moment. I plan to start coding those for use in game soon, so you should start seeing support dialogue sooner or later.

If anyone's interested, I'm also looking for suggestions regarding paralogues. I have a couple of ideas as to what I should work on next, but nothing's final yet. So if anyone else has a good idea for a paralogue, I'd love to hear it.

Anyways, to close out this update, here's a random screenshot from testing out My Castle dialogue. I swear, every time I test a new map, the characters immediately head for the spa afterwards...
sIL1T2B.png

Last edited by thane98,

DeathChaos

Unmei wo koeru!
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Did you edit his GameData.bin block or did you make a new dynamic block like I had shown before?

I would suggest not editing the GameData block itself as it would cause conflicts when going online, while a dynamic block would adjust everything accordingly to the base block, like if you make a dynamic block have -1 str compared to the normal block, when it first spawns your save would know it has -1 str compared to the GameData block.

Oh yeah so, how much script editing have you done?

I'm trying to figure out the dialogue events after a character death, not the in battle ones, but the ones that happen when a character dies after the battle is over.

@TildeHat figured out some stuff on it but it's still somewhat unknown to us as to how exactly it all works.
TildeHat said:
I think I've got the after death dialogue figured out.

Make an event with a name like ev::AfterDeath

Event type is 00 00 00 00

Within this event make a check for a flag and then end it with 01 48 instead of 01 21.

This goes to a different event that does what you want to be done.

You'll also want to make another check before this or else the next event will play after every action made. The game uses 4D for this type of check. Don't know what the difference is between 4D and 4C. There's also a 32 before the 4D. Not sure what that 32 means as well.

An example of the check would be
1D [Flag] 47 [ev::FlagGet] 01 32 4D

Second Event:
Event type is 14 06 01 00

Sub header for this event goes:
FF FF FF FF
FF FF FF FF
FF FF FF FF
FF FF FF FF
FF FF FF FF
[Pointer to the name of the event with the check]

Then do whatever you want here.

There's still things I don't get and will probably need more testing. Here's an edit I did of Marth's Amiibo battle that triggers some text after initiating a fight with Marth.

thane98

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In this case, I actually created a new character block for Haitaka. I need to go back and move Nichol over to a custom block, as I just edited the capturable block for his character. I'm not sure how a new character would show up online - probably like your custom DLC characters do, if anything.

As for scripting, it's been awhile since I've tried doing any real edits. For the new paralogue, I actually just took the scripts I used for the previous map and switched out the backgrounds and characters. I might start looking into doing more in-depth script edits for future paralogues though, as adding in things like after death dialogue could be interesting. That said, all I've done in terms of script editing is add in new talk events. I'll need to brush up on the file structure again if I intend to do anything more than that.

DeathChaos

Unmei wo koeru!
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Huh, I've done some things here and there.

Moving Cameras, moving people from player team to enemy, setting specific enemy AI, some boss battle convos, I've poked around bevs a bit, but I haven't really gone too in depth with cmb editing.
ZHm9mZB.png

thane98

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are scripts in bev also used for scenes? I haven't look into them too much, I've only really used them for simple events.

In all honesty, I'll probably try putting together something for editing cmb files at some point - editing them by hand gets a little annoying due to all of the different sections that you have to tweak. The only real issue with that is all of the unknowns inside the files. It seems like every time I look at one of the existing scripts, I'm just skipping over a bunch of unknown bytes to get to the stuff I need.

thane98

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, did you remember give Haitaka and/or Nichol a secondary class?
Not yet, I didn't quite get around to that yet. I have a script for a Nichol support that I need to implement, so when I get around to that I'll also go ahead and add in the secondary classes.

DeathChaos

Unmei wo koeru!
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Are scripts in bev also used for scenes? I haven't look into them too much, I've only really used them for simple events.

In all honesty, I'll probably try putting together something for editing cmb files at some point - editing them by hand gets a little annoying due to all of the different sections that you have to tweak. The only real issue with that is all of the unknowns inside the files. It seems like every time I look at one of the existing scripts, I'm just skipping over a bunch of unknown bytes to get to the stuff I need.
There are no "unknown" bytes, everything is tied to an event, meaning everything within the script has a pointer somewhere to get to it.

thane98

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are no "unknown" bytes, everything is tied to an event, meaning everything within the script has a pointer somewhere to get to it.
I know that much - I'm referring to some of the bytes within the events themselves. While anything following "1D [distance from reference]", "1C [distance from reference]", or "47 [distance from reference]" can be easily understood, I'll occasionally encounter things that do not follow this pattern within an event.

I suppose that referring to those as "unknown" probably isn't the best way to describe them, though admittedly I'm not familiar with anything outside of the basic event setup.

DeathChaos

Unmei wo koeru!
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Well, 4C is a "if), so for example, 4C 00 XX means "if this condition is true follow the next XX+2 bytes (since 00 XX itself counts), sometimes 4D is used with a 38 before it but we don't yet quite know why.

07 00 means "store the result of this in temp variable 00", so for example, if you do 07 01 [UnitGetByPID] 01 23 the unit gotten from the PID is stored in temp var 01, (01 23 is used instead of 01 21) so then you can do 01 XX (01 means use temp var XX), then you have 19 XX which means "use int value XX", so as an example that uses both,
[TempVar] [TargetTeam] [ev:UnitTransferByIndex] 02 21, so for an example that transfers a unit to the player team, it'd be,
07 01 [unitGetByPID] 01 23
01 01 19 00 [UnitTransferByIndex] 02 21

Another example is when you want to pan the Camera to a certain character, where you'd do
07 00 [UnitGetXPos] 01 23 07 01 [UnitGetYPos] 01 23
01 00 01 01[ev::CameraSetPosition] 02 21 [ev::CameraWait] 00 21

Or, if you do this before the very first player phase, meaning you KNOW where the unit is located, like for example, say in Dispos you spawned them in 0F 02
19 0F 19 02 [ev::CameraSetPosition] 02 21 [ev::CameraWait]

Last edited by DeathChaos,
Reactions: thane98

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I am the cancer!!! lol