ROM Hack [Release] Fire Emblem Fates Custom Paralogues

scorcher9009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's Nichol's secondary class? Cavalier? Also, if you do end up making a Kumagera paralogue, he should totally have Monk as his secondary class, to get Countermagic on lower difficulties. :P

thane98

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's Nichol's secondary class? Cavalier? Also, if you do end up making a Kumagera paralogue, he should totally have Monk as his secondary class, to get Countermagic on lower difficulties. :P
Looking back at it, I don't think that Nichol has a secondary class at the moment. His only option when reclassing is Wyvern Lord. I can take a look at giving him a secondary class when I get back to development on this project.

scorcher9009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, also, you could also give him a Tertiary class if you wanted. It'd help bolster what skills he can have. :P

Also I think his Personal Skill should be something OTHER than Def +2, like, maybe Opportunist. XD

Last edited by scorcher9009,

scorcher9009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree, as it is, Candace is the worst unit in the game, in my opinion. Also, I don't think Haitaka should be Conquest exclusive, but that's probably just me.

scorcher9009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess, but hey, it'd be more aesthetically pleasing than having them randomly join your army with no in-game explanation whatsoever. :P

thane98

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, would you consider giving a non-capturable boss their own paralogue? Like Zola or Omozu?
I had an idea for a Zola paralogue, but adding him in would require a lot more work than adding a paralogue for one of the capturable bosses. In order for a unit to join your army permanently, they need to have a block in GameData.bin. As Zola doesn't have one, I would essentially have to rip apart the file in order to make space for Zola. It's possible, but I'm not planning on attempting it at the moment.

DeathChaos

Unmei wo koeru!
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
I had an idea for a Zola paralogue, but adding him in would require a lot more work than adding a paralogue for one of the capturable bosses. In order for a unit to join your army permanently, they need to have a block in GameData.bin. As Zola doesn't have one, I would essentially have to rip apart the file in order to make space for Zola. It's possible, but I'm not planning on attempting it at the moment.
Another thing is, for some reason, GameData enforces a Character ID order.

I once tried changing the character ID of a Bond Unit and the game would simply crash and not load, just for changing a character ID.

Omegablu

We shall not yield to the Kingdom of Nohr!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A slightly easier way to do that would be to have the user to have to install my dlc before playing the paralogue, but that would make this patch cfw only.

thane98

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another thing is, for some reason, GameData enforces a Character ID order.

I once tried changing the character ID of a Bond Unit and the game would simply crash and not load, just for changing a character ID.
I recall dealing with something similar in event files. You had to keep event IDs in order or the map would crash during loading. It's not a particularly difficult limitation to deal with, but it can be annoying.

A slightly easier way to do that would be to have the user to have to install my dlc before playing the paralogue, but that would make this patch cfw only.
I considered that at one point, but I'd prefer to keep the hack open to anyone with homebrew access if possible. Truth is, I'll probably try and repoint the character table programmatically at some point. I actually repointed the chapter table in that way for this hack, so doing it for another table wouldn't be impossible. There's just a lot more to keep track of when moving the character table.

Omegablu

We shall not yield to the Kingdom of Nohr!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I considered that at one point, but I'd prefer to keep the hack open to anyone with homebrew access if possible. Truth is, I'll probably try and repoint the character table programmatically at some point. I actually repointed the chapter table in that way for this hack, so doing it for another table wouldn't be impossible. There's just a lot more to keep track of when moving the character table.
Yeah, I thought that you'd dislike the idea of restricting the map to cfw-only.

thane98

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are there perhaps any... Unused blocks in GameData.bin?
There's plenty of unused space, but that doesn't matter. The blocks inside the character table must be together - I can't simply jump to the end of the file and make a new character block. Any additional characters that we want to add must go after the previous entry. However, the space that we'd like to use for that is currently occupied, requiring us to go the long way of moving the entire table somewhere else.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Yeah, I'd recommend having another OS just in-case you want to play games.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    At least Linux doesn't contain spyware than what Windows has.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, cuz of lag?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, No. Whenever you use the internet on Windows, Microsoft collects personal data and installs bloatware that isn't necessarily needed, such as Edge.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Speaking of which
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ,
    I recall @impeeza mentioned some trick about not having bloatware when installing windows where you set up your country to "world" or smh like that
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Yes, you can debloat the operating system, but in some cases for me it just reinstalls them.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ,
    I also recall my brother downloded a "non bloated" version of windows 11 on his pc
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Why debloat? Why not embrace and enjoy my bloat?" - Gates
    +3
  • impeeza @ impeeza:
    @Xdqwerty yes, when you are installing Windows on the first steps you are asked for your current location, you MUST to select «international» so no bloatware is installed, because the bloatware is location based. if this night I have some time I will setup a VM and take screenshots.
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    User Gates "Disliked" your answer.
    +3
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Damn cleaned up 348GB's of crap I wasn't using with that lol
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    But can it completely remove RealPlayer? Lol jk
    +3
    I remember at one point it being pretty much labeled as malware lol
    I think my favorite one was that dancing purple gorilla... I uninstalled that thing from sooo many machine people would be like "Why is my computer so slow?" lol because this thing is using like 30% of your system resources.....
    +1
    This one lady... her son kept installing Kazaa... OK no problem the issue is he would download DBZ movies and they where amazing usually like 2-8KB in size lol can't remember how many times I had to format and reinstall windows over his stupidity. I even explained to him about file sizes multiple times...
    +1
    yeah Bonzi buddy was malware sort of... It was borderline lol
    At minimum it was nothing anyone should have ever installed lol
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, RealPlayer is spyware too.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BigOnYa, RealPlayer is spyware too.