ROM Hack [Release] Fire Editor - Fire Emblem: Awakening's save editor

trainboy2019

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im starting to believe it's the RomFS itself, and not me cuz I've use it before and it worked fine before.

It may be that the normal RomFSExtractor.exe may work better, seeing as the one we linked are modified for Awakening, according to trainboy.

It worked for me. There is something handy on my pastebin. Here

Please let me know if it works. The site will be deleted tomorrow

Last edited by trainboy2019,

Weebalicious

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think I sort of figured out how to unlock the DLC classes through heart seals.

Refer to picture below, which I edited from @Triforce141 's image.

Edit the brown offsets to FF FF FF and it'll unlock the classes, I'm not entirely sure if they're only 3 bytes, they could be more..

And for the pink offsets, they're actually your avatar's hair color, change them according to RGB hex values.
Changing them to FF FF FF will turn your avatar partly bold cause the hair color will be transparent. Which is funny.

Also, I don't think the yellow offsets are for skills.. I tried changing them in my Nohr save copying my Hoshidan offsets and it didn't change a thing. ._.

Actually the image was originally mine. The yellow is what by memory i though the skills learned was. However I later learned I circled the entirely wrong hex string. However there is a similar string that does help with skills somewhere there, might be lower or might be higher. I may soon re-upload a better image for you guys, displaying the skills too.

Weebalicious

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I did some more fiddling, for sure, these are my findings, but I come more with just theory.

The skills thing must of been some sort of mistake. I cannot seem to find which values I changed to FF's. In awakening, this was an 18 bit long row of FF's. Though its obvious now its been reorganized and things are used fiferently. The "Learned" skills must act differently. Unfortunately since a RAM dump and a SAVE Hex are two completely different things, I cannot re-verse engineer ram dump codes, since not only that, things work differently. I have reasons to beleive its still 18 bytes long. There are actually certain points where I tried to find random 18 strings near the character block and change them to FF's. SOmetimes nothing happened, other times my 3DS Crashed! Either the game is actually doing something to prevent me from getting my skills, or quite plainly put, its farther than that. I however also comfirmed that shortly after, you'd find your next character block, and so on and so on, and you'd find even your amiibo's

After all that, I actually have reasons to believe that the convoy exists right after the last character block that is part of your army. I was seeing alot of mentions of 16 00 00 02 (Iron Katana +2) and 47 00 00 02 (Iron Nagata +2) as because I was building a lot of Forged weapons for upgrading. Perhaps search up the things that are in order in your game, however quantity might be a new value, but nontheless maybe this would help?

I could just be speaking out of my ass right now as I really don't have to much knowledge of anything. But I hope it helps. I was hoping to re-make my save hex sheet and also show the proper chunks for even more stuff.

that girl

Entrepreneur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
… I have reasons to beleive its still 18 bytes long…
So you're saying that they only added one or two skills to the skill list, period?

FE FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF 7F (backwards, because nintendo) makes up every skill in Awakening, seen bellow.

1111111. 11111111 11111111 11111111 11111111 11111111 11111111 11111111 11111111 11111111 11111111 11111111 11111111 11111111 11111111 11111111 11111111 .1111111
Is every skill in Awaken, including DLC and Enemy-only skills.
The '.' in the first and last blocks are empty slots, and will ever only be a 0, unless you cheat. Turning them on doesn't do anything, anyway.

So if the skill list is still only 18 bytes, then we only got two new skills in the game, period. That's all there's room left to add in the 18 bytes worth of skills.

If that's the case, what are the new skills…
And if they did add more than two, what skills did we lose?

Weebalicious

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So you're saying that they only added one or two skills to the skill list, period?

FE FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF 7F (backwards, because nintendo) makes up every skill in Awakening, seen bellow.

1111111. 11111111 11111111 11111111 11111111 11111111 11111111 11111111 11111111 11111111 11111111 11111111 11111111 11111111 11111111 11111111 11111111 .1111111
Is every skill in Awaken, including DLC and Enemy-only skills.
The '.' in the first and last blocks are empty slots, and will ever only be a 0, unless you cheat. Turning them on doesn't do anything, anyway.

So if the skill list is still only 18 bytes, then we only got two new skills in the game, period. That's all there's room left to add in the 18 bytes worth of skills.

If that's the case, what are the new skills…
And if they did add more than two, what skills did we lose?

I'll tell you my thought proccess. Im basing this off a code, this code adds in 18 bytes of FF in some random part of the RAM. Now this also could be RAM specific. in the save editor, maybe its entirely different? maybe its 20 bytes long. These skills could also be grouped in a more compact way for what ever reason. Fates actually does have significantly more skills. Does this mean the FF's length is actually 27 bytes? Perhaps the area in which I put FF's in (and crashed), might be the clue. Without a clear indication where to start and stop though, trying to find it is kinda hard. Someone would need to use the NTR cheat plugin to give a character all learned skills, then save and extract the save, and search for FF's There not many places where FF's are actually strung in high numbers.

Last edited by Weebalicious,

Weebalicious

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That depends how many new skills were added on top of, or replacing, the ones from awakening.

Well after the weekend is over, hopefully I'll be getting the wires for my hardmod in. If no one has found the skill code (and assuming i don't fuck up my 3DS), then I'll use NTR cheat plugins then found out the string of FF's and share with you guys the location.

FrozenDragon150

Notorious Coffee Drinker
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
The Support Points seem to have been changed location from Awakening to Fates.

In Awakening they were in the character block, in Fates they are elsewhere, and I cannot find them >.< talking about the RAM of course.

Does anyone know where the Support Points for thr first unit in the roster is for Fates?

ukee

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
The Support Points seem to have been changed location from Awakening to Fates.

In Awakening they were in the character block, in Fates they are elsewhere, and I cannot find them >.< talking about the RAM of course.

Does anyone know where the Support Points for thr first unit in the roster is for Fates?
I'm pretty sure support points are in the character block, except they're just stored and read differently than they were in Awakening? (I never played Awakening), I managed to change my support points but the game automatically reverts them to the maximum possible stats my character may able to get (similar to using dragon herbs to maxing out the stats), it could be that the support points are stored at different locations and any mismatch would result to the max stats possible.

Or I'm just talking shit right now so yeah

Favna

#PCMasterRace
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
When will there be support for Fates? :3

Don't worry, we're all that guy. I'm, too, wondering about my progress. :)

I'm not giving an ETA, just the SOON(tm) everyone seems to like a lot, sorry. Maybe this sounds rude, and I'm sorry about that, but I sincerely don't want to put an ETA and back out when the day comes, again.

It will be released when it's ready.

The new version is working good on Firefox and Chrome so far. Will be released on December 31st, 2016.

View attachment 37490

I already gave one around 15 pages ago.

ETA: December 31st, 2016. That's just a placeholder, though.

I'll be out when it's ready. I would put a date in March, but I don't want to let down people again because of ETAs. At least, That's better than a SOON(tm), I think.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Well hmm got that Eeros 6+ router working so no need for a new one for now lol
    Scratch!!! In broad daylight!!!
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, is it truly discrimination if you dislike everyone equally? like, if i dislike everyone, then am i racist, sexist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, etc., or am i just a hater?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    All of the above...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You gotta be on Psis level and hate your own people
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i meant everyone, even my own people, and myself
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh, well thats ok then
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    (i don't dislike people, it's just a hypothe- aaaaaand i'm banned aren't i?)
    Good good let your hate flow through you!!!
    +2
    Emperor Palpetine reveals that he is trans Jewish pro abortion and drives a Prius!
    Unlimited Power!!!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hate fuels your cybertruck
    Yeah this Eero router is way better than the one my ISP gave me, still might need to buy one but until then this one is better lol
    The one Comcast provided is apparently powered by a comadore 64 chip lol
    What's weird is that they both have about the same speed in bandwidth but the Comcast one feels laggy like click something and it takes a second to load, the Eero one is just instant lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    why do i see some little songs at @shaunj66 's profile page?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    sonics*
  • fluff663 @ fluff663:
    hello
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Maybe he likes sonic
  • rvtr @ rvtr:
    Hey all.
  • rvtr @ rvtr:
    Hi.
    rvtr @ rvtr: Hi.