Translation [Release][Final] Nora and the Time Studio: The Witch of the Misty Forest - Translation Project

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm looking forward to seeing a review of your localization.
I played some more since the last post. Was pretty tight so far. I noted the slang and written as it is spoken terms, along with various proper nouns (names, places, special attacks) being almost Finnish in character. That might bother some (I can't speak to the original Japanese to know whether it is following that or we are more in pizza cats territory) but works well enough for me and I would rather that than yet another dry, safe and edgeless medieval em up.
Only thing I would particularly note is the first support character you have, the start of game armour is called leather cap or something but the description and picture is more leather pauldrons/spaulders/shoulderpads (first upgrade is to a hat though). I have played games purportedly about such things with a far wonkier description of medieval arms and armour though, and given my browser dictionary appears not to recognise the terms that might even be justified.

As far as the game itself. I might have to revise my earlier statement. I will liken it more to rune factory without the farming/with minimal farming and a scavenging (by way of truly basic hidden object minigame) and shop running simulator (albeit you are doing requests with a time management aspect rather than straight up shop), the crafting being almost a greater than the sum of its parts type affair and combat is turn based battles if you induce one or spend too long scavenging. I am not quite far enough yet to hit a curve to know how it is going to be balanced (Atlus generally know their stuff here) but it is not holding my hand. That quite works for me, especially given my other options are replay rune factory again, The Guild (playable but not what I would want/use to get someone excited about), hope someone finishes https://gbatemp.net/threads/delving-into-iron-master-the-legendary-blacksmith.338058 , hope someone does Daikoukai Jidai IV - Rota Nova/Uncharted Waters 4, or drop back to the GBA for Sea Trader Rise of Taipan and the homebrew trade winds. If we are looking to the PC to set standards with something like Recettear then that is even more of a struggle.

SenselessThing

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Has anyone tried this yet?
Yes, unsuccessfully though.
I could not find a patch on the OneDrive that page links to, and could not get past error: "load rom errcode=-4"

I am using a DS Lite, YSMenu Fork 7.06, and this is the only ROM that shows this error.
Both the pre and post patch CRC32's match those listed on rhdn.
The unpatched rom shows the same white screen reported above.

john9871

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, looking at the Acekard 2i changelog, for AKAIO loader v1.8.8 it said they fixed this game (#5783). Yet I still get white screens like others (clean or patched rom). Tried loaders v1.8.9 and the final v1.9.0 still white screens.

I really hope this gets the attention of Acekard 2i developers, and it gets fixed.

Auryn

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Hi there,
For a completed translation you deserve the compliments already and the screens look amazing.
I still not played the game yet and I actually don't know the game but i have a little complaint: make the name of your patch more descriptive...it costs a view seconds more. Or at least a nice title in your read me with the game and what does your patch does. Example: Nora to Toki no Koubou - Kiri no Mori no Majo (J) English Translations Ver0.3c (Final).
Maybe the CRC of the rom to be more exact or a link to this post so that we can find out what it is.
Why final? So that the user know that he has not to go search for a new Version and the link to the post could confirm that.

Why I say this?
First: I have a new NAS and i am collecting all old backups there of all my translation projects and believe me that i am very mad at myself for not naming many things better names. The fact that i was working on 2 different PCs and a laptop on the same project depending on where i was, doesn't make things better. "Backup XP" as example, was sure making sense a week after i reinstalled winXP or changed to Win7 but it sure not helps me now really placing the things on the right spot and the sequence with all other things around the same project.

Second: I don't know if it's only me but I make "looking for translations" runs every half a year or so or, just like your translation, i just came across it by accident. I downloaded it right away but l will sure not use the patch right away (i have other plans for today) and sadly, if i find your translation patch on my download folder next week, i would not know for what game it is or what it does to it.

I have so many hacks and translations (downloaded from the Internet when i came across them) on my NAS now that are exactly in the same state.
I don't know what they do, i can not connect them to a game or a system but i don't want to delete them because some date 10 years back and they maybe can not be found anymore and are lost.

quickthrow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got through 4 endings so far. No bugs to report, just some minor text errors for a future polish pass.

Nora and the Time Studio - The Witch of the Misty Forest__955.png

Grammar in Lilja Bulb description: "Takes an year" -> "Takes a year"

nora-and-the-time-studio-the-witch-of-the-misty-forest__18908-png.305993

Untranslated text: It's from the follow-up conversation a few days after completing Ruttz's Rocking Horse request.

Nora and the Time Studio - The Witch of the Misty Forest__9137.png

Repeating/wrapping text error in Elsie's description.

Nora and the Time Studio - The Witch of the Misty Forest__9068.png

Pronoun in Rengas Attack's description. Elsie is "her."

Nora and the Time Studio - The Witch of the Misty Forest__6272.png

Inconsistency: Chronoscope/Chronauldron

Nora and the Time Studio - The Witch of the Misty Forest__3771.png

Missing letters: "Use SP to de..."

Nora and the Time Studio - The Witch of the Misty Forest__1241.png

Stone Tile Floor listing in the lower screen has weird "ꓘ" at the end. Only appears after buying the item.

Nora and the Time Studio - The Witch of the Misty Forest__24154.png

Untranslated text in rearrange mode: [L] Rotate / (A) Drop

Nora and the Time Studio - The Witch of the Misty Forest__26544.png

Typo: "Ad now" -> "And now"

Nora and the Time Studio - The Witch of the Misty Forest__31342.png

Typo: "attacked my monsters" -> "attacked by monsters"

Others:

Inconsistent naming with Chronodrop/Chronosolution, Red Chronosolution/Crimson Chronosolution.

Brami (the duck) should be Brammy. It's a cameo character from the Shepherd's Crossing franchise.

Attachments

• Nora and the Time Studio - The Witch of the Misty Forest__18908.png
    Nora and the Time Studio - The Witch of the Misty Forest__18908.png
    42.8 KB · Views: 282

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
also having problem with acekard 2i. Tried AP patching the rom and then english patching, just english patching the rom - white screens no nothing.

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
The only solution may be to just install TWiLight Menu++ on your AK2i, and use it to run the game using nds-bootstrap.
This indeed works. Personally, though quite few versions back I had something I did not like with TWM++ installed on my acekard 2i and reverted to old AKAIO install, likely how TWM++ handled the backlight level setting - I think if I used the normal AK2 loader instead of nds-bootstrap it would always revert to light level set in AK menu that I did not have enabled anymore, NDS bootstrap is fine but to change the light level I need to boot to DS main menu first. Essentially, not really big deal but thing I was used to, for now TWM++ and nds-bootstrap fix this game on AK2i indeed. Still amazing card given it can be flashed as functional 3DS magnethax card and functional flashcart.

EDIT: Of what little I can tell, the game indeed has a lot of Japanese Finnish references. That is; possible references that are not made in complete understanding. Stuff like Keke being a "Tikku" that means "a stick" but may been better as "Oksa" that means more stick as in branch and less stick as in match stick and so on other things, and also main character's name with two o's, normal girl's name in Finland etc.

Last edited by Sumea,

idontreallycaredou

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello. Just wanted to report that I was able to get this to work on my Acekard 2i.

I had read that the most recent AKAIO loader has a bug for this specific game where it misapplies the AP fix (even if you disable AP in the menu, apparently). I guessed that it was doing this based on the four-letter game code in the ROM header, so I figured that if you just change that code the loader will stop messing with it. And that seems to be the case.

So, here's what you can do:

1. Apply the translation patch

2. Apply the AP fix. You can use any of the TNRJ-*.ips files in the TwilightMenu repo on GitHub

3. Apply the attached patch, which changes the game code in the header from TNRJ to TNRE

Hope that helps someone

Attachments

• Nora to Toki no Koubou (TNRE).bps.zip
    254 bytes · Views: 68

john9871

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Idontrealycaredou

You are a genius! :D I changed the header with DSBuff from TNRJ to TNRE and it boots now on my DS Lite with Acekard 2i. I didn't need to use the AP patch for twilight. All I did was apply the translation patch and then changed the header.

Reactions: Darukeru

Darukeru

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Got through 4 endings so far. No bugs to report, just some minor text errors for a future polish pass.

View attachment 305987
Grammar in Lilja Bulb description: "Takes an year" -> "Takes a year"

nora-and-the-time-studio-the-witch-of-the-misty-forest__18908-png.305993

Untranslated text: It's from the follow-up conversation a few days after completing Ruttz's Rocking Horse request.

View attachment 305992
Repeating/wrapping text error in Elsie's description.

View attachment 305991
Pronoun in Rengas Attack's description. Elsie is "her."

View attachment 305990
Inconsistency: Chronoscope/Chronauldron

View attachment 305989
Missing letters: "Use SP to de..."

View attachment 305988
Stone Tile Floor listing in the lower screen has weird "ꓘ" at the end. Only appears after buying the item.

View attachment 305994
Untranslated text in rearrange mode: [L] Rotate / (A) Drop

View attachment 305995
Typo: "Ad now" -> "And now"

View attachment 305996
Typo: "attacked my monsters" -> "attacked by monsters"

Others:

Inconsistent naming with Chronodrop/Chronosolution, Red Chronosolution/Crimson Chronosolution.

Brami (the duck) should be Brammy. It's a cameo character from the Shepherd's Crossing franchise.
nora_eng__20140.png
nora_eng__19376.png

These and some other bugs had been solved already. I'll be releasing a new version in the next few days. Wrote a little more details about the update in the following link. Upcoming update

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: